Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Chow halls on big bases is one of the odd things I really miss about deployment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I'm the lovely contractor, laughing behind his beard at the gunny who just saw me and turned away, shaking his head in disgust.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Dang it it's the garrison CSM again, someone told him it's what plants crave.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

orange juche posted:

Still continuing the tradition of having a rifle somewhere in the picture? (bottom left)

All day errday

the great serpents sleep in the living rock

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

That's gorgeous, love the dark blue/red contrast.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You can always outsource it to filthy contractors for three times the pay and all the deniability.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

its him loving killing it it's pretty good poo poo. He's not missing poo poo and being fast and smooth as gently caress. Really impressive. The Rat actually does that poo poo, or at least did for awhile, and can probably break it down better, but yeah it's word up

edit: and he's doing it fast as gently caress. Like literally action movie perfection poo poo.

I still do competition matches twice a month. I'm nowhere near that level though, still in the filthy casual tier. But yeah he's going straight up BLAZE OPS, as he should be if he's been training with Taran Butler (one of the top 3-gun dudes in the nation) for weeks on end.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

If I had lots of time and money, you bet your rear end that's what I'd be doing.

Well, that and climbing mountaintops over glacial lakes and screaming at the sky with my AK.

e: Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3P1ejh9pGs

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah he does good poo poo. The Fury Road one is excellent as well.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Just remember: you're never alone as long as you have your tapeworm.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAusMcu513U

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Cause she likes em big and thick amirite

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Vasudus posted:

i've never done a drug because i'm really lame

but it's always amusing for me to hear about it from other people

Same. Never been drunk in my life either.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

MG42's, yeah.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

This goes here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiC9X_MoE1M

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpVhSx0fZwM

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

McNally posted:

So I know your post was mostly :qq: hyperbole, but I sincerely hope that you somehow set your own genitals on fire and that some good samaritan happens by to stomp them out.

I'm not joking.

Get hosed.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

GiP vs lite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brDibHHqCd8

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Started posting here pretty recently. We should kick his rear end.

He was making idiotic posts in TFR for a while before he came here. I groaned with dismay when he started posting here too.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've got an old Sony reader that's getting buggy with age but I don't really see a good replacement. All I want is a cheap e-ink book reader that isn't locked into Amazon's system so I can read free public domain books on the road. I have a massive real library at home so I don't use digital books often at all.

I have a Kindle and you aren't locked in to Amazon's poo poo at all.

I just use Calibre to convert whatever I want to read into .mobi files and it works great. For reference: https://calibre-ebook.com/

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

:filez:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Same. Honestly really helps for reference material. I didn't have to go scouring the internet when I got my Barrett.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I think you can get semiauto ones. But then again, buying a semiauto belt fed is like getting a realdoll made to look just like the ex you never got over. Sure it might weigh the same and feel the same, but it's just not the same at all.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I've only just zeroed it so far. Don't often have someone to go shoot with that I trust as a spotter, so I haven't properly wrung it out unfortunately. Hopefully will once the weather gets better. When zeroing, it was shooting about 2-3" groups at 100m, which is what I'm told to expect out of that gun/ammo combo. (Federal XM33.)

It's a tad big to take on my usual hiking expeditions, even broken down. But on the plus side, I'm heading to Utah this weekend so I should have some fresh photos to dump come next week. :q:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I get back from 3 days of no comms out in Utah and everyone's avs are swapped the gently caress around.

I am so confused

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

This is why I stay out of politics/current events threads.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I don't even have any really controversial opinions. I just hate the way the dialogue goes in those threads. Lots of accusatory finger pointing and poo poo slinging and nothing of value coming out of it.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

:golfclap:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

The TFR politics thread is a bastion of infinite retardation.

There are a few decent posters who really know their poo poo, and that's who I tend to listen to when looking for technical data. Apart from that, eh.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Arfcom is only good for the technical forums and classifieds. I've gotten some amazing deals on the classifieds and a lot of good info on the tech forums. But good god stay away from general discussion. I don't read it for the same reason I don't read the tfr politics thread.

People at shooting matches tend to be better than average gun culture people, but even then I still have a limit to how much I can deal with. A couple matches a month is enough for me.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Syrian Lannister posted:

Bullet to the dome is one cause

Yeah that happened to a raccoon that came after my chickens once.

e: the eyes bugging out thing, I mean.

The Rat fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 8, 2017

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

orange juche posted:

She likes puppers and Warhammer 40k :flashfap:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Why not both? :awesome:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Dying alone club. :cheers:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk15H6PjBis

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I live on 2 acres with 26-ish chickens and a dog, so you bet your rear end people are gonna take their shoes off before coming inside.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

They free range and the rooster is huge and takes shits as big as my dog's. Legit thought the dog was making GBS threads by the door outside before we caught that fat cock in the act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Oh my god doing a google image search for "chicken shoes" is amazing

• Locked thread