Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Don't sign your posts.

Also there's a MDT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

I always love it when one of these things comes up and you have a wildly inaccurate description of what happened.

I always love how Arsenal fans try to latch into something wildly innocuous as a reason for why they aren't winning every match.

Your team is built to finish between third and fifth and your manager has the same mentality.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

People who thought Bellerin was fouled: Delusional Arsenal fans.

People who didn't think Bellerin was fouled: The rest of the world.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

JFairfax posted:

Conte after the match laughed and said that in Italy or Spain that it would be foul, then laughed and said 'but not in England'.

Good.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I feel like if it is something that could get you tossed out of an ice hockey game it should probably be a foul in football tbh :shrug:

You keep saying this and it just makes me think you know nothing about either sport.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Sir Alex Ferguson: Literally the difference between being Liverpool and a title winner.

Fixed.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

PirateBob posted:

I trust you guys remembered what day it was yesterday. But did any of you lay down the ABU baton and pay tribute? :eng99:

I for one am shocked at the lack of glowing tributes in the soccer subforum on the most troll free forums on the internet.

Just like I'll be shocked again in April.

Not.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Moktaro posted:

RIP Djibril, you had your moments but you'll always be The Wrong Cisse to me.

He was class, with shins of glass.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Moktaro posted:

True, but when Papiss was doing poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUPsWFVryug

Djibril Cisse was probably five times the footballer that Papiss Cisse is or was. I think he's loving around in China now.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Yeah, Chelsea should look into this Lukaku lad but they'd probably just end up sending him out on loan a couple times before selling him off.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

There are a lot of bad opinions in that post tbf.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

Someone's itching for a new contract? And with his performances on the pitch, who could blame him?

Oh shut up.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Spangly A posted:

isnt there a wilshere-sized gap in the unrevealed drugs bans?

I thought that was a just a theory since he was out for a long time after some totally innocuous "muscle injury".

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

What a bizarre decision.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ramagamma posted:

gently caress off Leicester FC but it's gonna be great seeing so many people want you to fail now

I wish football would just die as a spectator sport honestly, theres nothing left to see

Nobody is forcing you to watch it and have bad opinions.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lemon posted:

someone please convince me Boro aren't going down

19 goals in 26 matches but they've conceded less goals than everyone save Spurs and Chelsea.

If they do stay up it's definitely not going to be a feast of football.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

imo the league should play 19 games and then have a short transfer window and then play the other 19 games, and you should only be allowed to change managers during the transfer window also, so that teams don't get a particular advantage or disadvantage by having to play a team before or after they sack a garbageman

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read on these forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

AJ_Impy posted:

Harry Kane is having fun. 3 goals and an assist in the first half.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811378

• Locked thread