Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

vgas finished, results are up.

https://2016.vidyagaemawards.com/winners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRq_DUMVkbQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Why does anybody still want Half-Life 3

At this point I have no idea. They aren't going to make it, ever.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Konami should have won that category, they were robbed!!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Doom 2016's singleplayer is 100% worth the full price tag. This is objective fact.

If you somehow couldn't enjoy the campaign I feel bad for you son

I got it for like twenty dollars the month after it came out. Thanks gamestop, and best buy for price matching gamestop.

Speaking of Gamestop http://kotaku.com/new-gamestop-program-leads-employees-to-lie-to-customer-1791874332

I know it's Kotaku, but.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

It sounded neat to me but if someone mentions loot in the first sentence summary I immediately lose all interest

People loving love loot. You get that sick rush man! Loot endorphins!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

They're expanding (?) E3 attendee allotment by 15,000 so they can open it up to the public.

That...that doesn't sound like it's going to be a hassle to get work done there for the people who actually go to the convention to report on things at all.

There's a lot of empty floor space for them to be in now, at least. :v:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Speaking as someone who regularly goes to E3 for work that isn't anything new. The ten billion lovely gamestop employees make doing anything on the floor a giant pain in the rear end at any time and that is why most (good) publishers have private booths.

If you're the kind of person who treats E3 as a place for free swag you'll probably be in trouble but gently caress those guys too.

I'm curious if e3 collapses soon and how that will affect companies that have set up their own separate events that rely on E3 bringing in lots of people.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Blackfyre posted:

What happened with Austin Walker

He okayed them posting overwatch fanfiction on Vice gaming.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Erata posted:

Im starved for podcasts so I guess I'll give Waypoint a shot. I tried out Idle Weekend a lot, but I don't like the superhero junk they do at all.

No don't!!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think this is turning Japanese:

The legendary Nobunyaga....

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Thanks gamestop

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Post ITT if you want great benefits, wonderful scenery, and beautiful times in Aztlan! My Corp is looking to hire unattached fixers who want an easy milk run and some beautiful people to spend your nights with! Single, teamless fixers only please!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

What does "woke" mean in this context

please don't engage lurdiak

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This thread is scrambling over itself to own boogie without reading his tweets

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If Walt was still around Ol' Pewds would be looking at a contract bonus, let me tell you!!

Help Im Alive posted:

I am especially excited for Persona 5 because I've managed to keep myself completely in the dark since it was first announced 12 years ago

I think the very first trailer is still the only one I've seen

You can finally date the Christmas cake. No gay dates tho, which is surprising and disappointing after 4.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Boy... how many Branes does YHVH's Universe have

4. Best get crackin fucker!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Questionable Content. I don't even know why I was reading it except that I had it as part of my regular internet checklist and was too lazy to remove it.

I finally managed to break off of reading QC during the pink robot fight house plotline when I realized nothing interesting was ever going to happen. I'm free.

tap my mountain posted:

The best webcomic is actually a tie between both of ONE's series

ONE owns.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

FF8 is a bad game

FF8 is a great game, I am willing to die on this hill.

I also kinda believe the idea that the game's story was changed halfway through development and they never went back and changed disc 1, which is why it's much more serious and interesting than 2-4.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I am loving offended by this. WHERE IS THE EUROBEAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZRVn6oObVM&t=35s

If you mute the video and play the eurobeat instead the game suddenly becomes much better.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I really loved the original dragon age as a crpg throwback, I wish they'd do another game in that style but that's not where the money is.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Call of Duty 5, the 14th game in the series

Hey man, it worked for Tony Hawk Fi-

oh...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I hope it's not WWII...

Vietnam, actually.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Success! 5 stars on every song on Expert. :toot:

Time to move onto Guitar Hero 3 but maybe after a nice long break because my wrist is on fire

You should put that mindset away for GH3, Through the Fire and Flames will break anyone but the most committed.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

:getin: My determination knows no bounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHRfbiwdheg&t=28s

You're a madman!!!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Majora was also shockingly dark compared to the rest of the series; everything is the game is based around death and loss, and even in the most perfect version of the game you the player can muster the game makes sure to end on the image of the deku Butler mourning his son. You can't save everyone.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo

I honestly don't know what's going on with any of the animations in this

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

New Concept Hole posted:

When I heard that this game was going to be more like Star Trek I didn't think they meant in the combat.

her facial expression doesn't change either...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ryder's reaction to the ship shaking reminded me of when they had to fake it with the camera on 60s Star Trek, and if this were a cleverer game I would give it credit for that. Otherwise it reminds me of Foodfight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The thing I enjoyed most about Tomb Raider 2013 is how it starts off with all the bad guys taunting her and by the end they are completely terrified of getting a climbing axe lodged in their skulls, I hear that doesn't really happen in Rise

One thing I do like about Rise is that Lara has some pretty heavy PTSD symptoms at the beginning, and then she sees someone die and she immediately slips into murdermode. It's great, I love new Lara.

• Locked thread