Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I feel like its inevitable that eventually Overwatch is going to go free to play with an in-game auction house thing so all those event specific skins can get swapped for exorbitant sums and Blizz will skim some moolah off the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

blizzard hosed up making all the characters look pretty cool though. they should have gone capcom route and made everyone really loving ugly so you gotta buy the skins like akuma in sfv

Yeah lol. ANd charge insane dollars for skins that no sane person would actually pay for

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also Activision-Blizzard is a multibillion dollar corporation, they could support Overwatch from the tens of millions of people who bought it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

the only lootbox system i have gotten into is guilty gear fishing. also i'm really mad i don't have all the songs yet cause just as i was about to get the last couple they added hundreds of cool diorama figures to the pool

those songs are really really good too

Guilty Gear fishing is awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

you can change the text it shows when you catch fish and i made mine "hoy there small fry" cause i like windwaker

Oh my god I didn't know this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish TF2 and DOTA had died a decade ago

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Are mobas secretly fun when you understand how to play them or are they as bad as they look

No

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rexroom posted:

The past few pages have been good quality banter about microtransactions. Which reminds me of Blizzard's other endeavor: Diablo 3's auction house. So it isn't exactly a new endeavor from them from getting money from gamers.

Blizzard are worse than Bethesda in my eyes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blizzard and Valve = the devil

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Never forget horse armor. It was the beginning of the end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark Souls II was easier than the demo because you got to level 100 like halfway through the game and you could get a max weapon in a few hours of playing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

All games are super easy for me

Yeah. Im a hardcore gamer.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive never beaten SMB3 warpless and Im playing through it now and beating every level and wow, its a hell of a game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I like that you fight three brick troll dudes along the way, because they used to scare me and now I feel pretty confident fighting two of them at the same time.

The entire game is a steady ramp like this and when you've beaten it three or four times and know the parry windows and patterns on every enemy you feel like Neo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I cant loving wait for Nier Automata.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'm still sort of in shock that it's actually a game that's going to exist. A Taro Yoko with the mechanics taken care of by Platinum is like some sort of thing I would wish would happen but would never actually happen. Hopefully this will be just as good as I'm hoping (unlike the last time that happened when arcsys made a fighting game out of Persona, which wasn't bad but couldn't possibly live up to how good that concept was)

Uhhh Persona 4 Arena is awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I probably like it more than I should because it was the game that tricked me into liking fighting games and now FGs are probably my favorite genre but P4A and U are cool (even if the shadow versions were kind of a dumb gimmick) and I bet Persona 5 Arena in the Xrd engine will be amazeballs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah going back to it is hard as I've gotten actually into the genre and the 2 button system is kinda limiting/stiff but it holds a special place in my heart.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I really need to buy doom one of these days

Its OK.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

its pretty smooth sailing except for one or two levels in worlds 5 and 6 until world 7. they things get pretty tough. world 8 is mostly the same except for one or two parts which are harder but you can always lame them out with p wings.

idk i was epically bad at beating games until i was like 25 but even i beat smb3 in like 1990

They're really generous with shortcuts and extra lives, you get a save point every 2 to 3 levels and about 7 lives to clear them each continue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anybody in Games wants to play some action half life please see my megathread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808837

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

that's one of the least bad funcos at least

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes, I wish it was 30,000

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Like if you're playing a video game right now!

I'm going to play SMTIVA while the Super Bowl is on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Huh weird, I played through Paradise a few months ago with InputMapper and had no issues. PC gaming ...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a kitten posted:

The other night i had a dream where i had the Blue Box and Key from the film Mulholland Drive and when i opened it i found myself fighting a Bloodborne hunter who was basically just Revolver Ocelot. However, the fight glitched out and he never attacked so i just shot him in the face over and over 'til i won.

...so, maybe.

Lol awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have gaming headphones that have worked well for over 2 years but the mic is kinda assy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

phourniner posted:

Just a quick solution for you gaming headset people, the HyperX Cloud II's are what I use, and have been for a year now. I swear by them. They're insanely comfortable (and this is coming from someone whose tried a ton of headsets and have had to throw them off after an hour's use because my ears were aching). I have worn these all day without a single problem. They're closed ear, so keep in mind it's hard to hear anything outside of whatever you're listening to if it's moderately loud, but they deliver great sound (with 7.1 Surround Sound) and the mic is very decent. Highly recommend.

This is what I have, pair of HyperX headphones. Not sure exactly which model but one of the cheaper ones and they've been working perfectly for years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

devtesla posted:

I would make some sensible investments, and donate to charity.

I would spend roughly 60 to 120 dollars a month on video games for the rest of my life until I died, which is my current plan anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's funny because in terms of frequency I don't think random encounters have actually really changed much in 20 years but now you just know 2 to 3 seconds a head of time so you're just mentally prepared.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also speaking of JRPGs I've been playing SMTIVA and in my 40 hours so far I think it's a nearly flawless game except for two minor minor issues:

1) in the over world you can see enemies on the map but you can't initiate combat yourself like usual and as a result you can walk into a monster and they'll just get first strike with 0 recourse which is rear end. It's especially annoying playing on Hard because usually if an enemy gets a drop on you it's an one round Game Over in a situation that was potentially completely unavoidable. At a certain point you get access to Estoma and can just ignore them but still. Bad design!

2) The mash X black holes just seem really out of place and serve no purpose

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

I just beat regular 4 and both those are in there. Save scummed like a fiend!

In 4A you don't lost anything if you die, they just put you right back before the battle like FFXIII.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Will the Japanese version of Nier have English text. I may import it to get it those extra 2 weeks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well that's in IV as well, they just charged you Play Coins (lol)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

devtesla posted:

There's a secret in there.

Unquestionably.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's llike saying all movies are bad because Marvel sucks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder how much of the original design has been around since development first started and the team saw the entirety of demons Souls -> bloodborne release in that window and kept shaking their head and saying "mother f-"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Kirby has teeth?

He just ate Joseph Jostar so now he has his abilities until he loses a stock.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

money was already too dear for me for most of the game until I got the higher level apps that make demons just rain it on you for talking to them

i googled it and reddit and play asia both say it does, including options to set menu text also.

I was gonna import from Play Asia but it looks like Id be paying around 30 dollars more than a US copy for like 5 extra days because shipping times. Not really worth it, sadly. Ill have to wait then!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Really Smart US Marketer: How about we take this game thats already complete and has English language versions shipping in mid February worldwide and push back the US release date to the same week as when Nintendo launches a new console and new Zelda game.

• Locked thread