Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Harrow posted:

Do they... do they think his name is Berserk?

Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'll probably still be playing dq8 this whole drat month.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Is that saying that you can't disallow people from buying a version of a game from a country where it is priced cheaply and activate it on your Steam account from outside that country?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It has some interesting history/lore poo poo but it does suffer from being incredibly dry

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The loot stuff in Nioh is definitely not great imo because you get a lot of it and most of it is trash or marginal upgrade which just means a lot of inventory fiddling for not much reward. I say this as someone who can get into loot games sometimes. Its worth putting up with for the good parts of the game though.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

CrashCat posted:

Oh you'll love this one then. Not only is there loot, but when you craft a weapon or armor there's RNG mechanics for what quality it will be. Even if you use all the best ingredients you get like a 33% chance of the best grade :laugh:

I feel like that is a trap option anyways and you should only be upgrading your gear via drops and then soul matching the good ones up to the right level periodically.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

LawfulWaffle posted:

I need to experiment with Soul Matching. I've put it on the backburner since I don't have a lot of weapons with abilities that can be inherited yet. Is there an incentive to start earlier?

Not at all, if anything its the opposite since the cost to soul match goes up every time you do it (for that particular item).

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Snak posted:

Ditto with armor. It's a really neat way to to it. There's also a refashion system so you can make your armor look like any armor you jave previously picked up. You don't even have to still have it. So fashion is alive and very well.

Whoa that's awesome

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't understand it either, but I see posts in the PS4 thread where people are pre-ordering 5 or 6 games at the same time, many months in advance, and when people ask why they're doing that, they tell people they're Canadian

Canadians are paid only in coinage so if they don't spend it soon it becomes hard to carry around.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Lightning and Snow do not work well together.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
You can post about dota here if you want I know all about dota.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
They scale from early game difficulty into post-game difficulty by the end. I also don't think they scale with NG+ so you are gonna destroy the first like 75% of them at your level.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Just having some fun guys lol

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Its okay to make fun of an article about pokemon loving and similar such articles, imo

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

You can actually, due to the explosion added in later titles

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Nioh

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Is this the first time they've done a season pass aka the dumbest type of dlc?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The mario kart dlc was sick as hell and a good value imo but preordering dlc in the form of a season pass is so drat backwards.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
You can also do a lot of alchemy crafting at that point since the argonia bazaar just opened up.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah, spent a little time looking up what I could do and have everyone pretty well kitted out- just was getting wrecked regardless. Apparently the Alchemy Pot wasn't instantaneous in the PS2 release...

Yeah, it wasn't until post game that you got the instant pot so every item took a few minutes of walking around to complete. One of the many great QoL features in the 3ds version

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I like calvin and hobbes. that's on the web somewhere right?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
You don't see the original much these days. lol the blurry hospital stock photos

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I feel the desire to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiXcL06P3ko

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah pretty much. I don't really have strong opinions about 12, 13 or its sequels because I just didn't bother. FF15 is so little like the games I loved in my youth, if you took the chocobos and other references out it'd basically have nothing in common. I mean it's fine for series to evolve I suppose, but FF has evolved in a direction I find totally unappealing. It's really bizarre that they keep using the title when it's gotten so far away from its roots. It's like if a movie came out called Friday the 13th that was like a pixar movie about aliens falling in love.

Final fantasy's whole gimmick is that each game is different from the last. They just keep getting differenter

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
bloodborne, nioh, final fanty uhhh gravity rush?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The new nier trailer shows the steam release date as being only 3 days after the ps4 release. Thats awesome I was expecting a much longer delay

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
5 assuming that it comes with both expansions

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

ImpAtom posted:

Nioh is easily GotM.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I can't play horizon with zelda and nier so close

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

maybe it's you. who's upset

Lotta caremad itt

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I wish Microsoft would hurry up and announce the Scorpio's specs.

God help them if they use the wrong kind of ram again...

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I literally could not understand how to properly bump enemies in Ys 1. I spend like 10 min dying to the first enemies and gave up lol. Origins owns though.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I think I was trying to come in at an angle which would work for a few bumps and then I'd get off target and smash my face into them until dead.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Blackfyre posted:

Is there any news on the PC version of Automata.

I know there was talk of a Nier remaster if Automata did well so I'm hoping that comes to PC as then I can retire my PS3 from being plugged in all the time.

They put out a trailer that said the pc version was out on the 10th, but then they took down that trailer so that was probably a mistake.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

fridge corn posted:

I don't know anything about neir or why I should care about it

If you like platinum style action games this is gonna be a good one of those. You don't really need to know about Nier

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I mean Nier is amazing, but hard to recommend.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

fridge corn posted:

I don't know what a platinum style action game is

They're the Bayonetta devs. MGR, Wonderful 101, etc.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Blackfyre posted:

:agreed: Aye, its very Marmite. By traditional game review standards its not the best game ever but if you have a certain disposition/character its really great.

I was kinda assuming that Automata was a different setting but it is linked to the first game? I've heard Emil and Devola/Poppola are back?

I think its connected via Nier ending D but hell if I know the goings on with that lore.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

fridge corn posted:

That sounds cool and all but I just googled it and it looks like dumb anime bullshit??? 🤔

Yeah its quite anime. Luckily, anime is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Harrow posted:

On Nier: Automata's Very Hard, is it that attacks take all your health but you can auto-use healing items so your healing item stash is your real health meter, or is it "gently caress your healing, get hit and you die"?

I saw someone in the nier thread say that the auto-chip doesn't work like it did in the demo in that it won't use a healing item for you when you would have died.

• Locked thread