Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Preordering games is good and I like doing it :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gamestop is awesome because it seems like they only ever hire people who loving hate Gamestop and will do anything to undercut their terrible business scumminess. I bought my new new 3ds from Gamestop and I only noticed after I bought it that the guy sold it to me for the trade-in upgrade price, and to this day I am not sure if he did it by accident or on purpose.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, I have seen exactly 0 locally owned game stores that aren't pawn shops.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

I'll start a video game publication for gamers, by gamers!

Don't do it, the Giant Bomb thread in RGD is loving awful

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

Liquid Penguins and Gaspar Lewis got perma'd and Ramagamma is forbidden from posting there, so it's vastly improved! It gets a little gassy at times but those folks pass along pretty quickly! Come on by~

They were talking about the stupid nazi punching back and forth that has been going around recently because Austin Walker posted about it on twitter, instead of video games, so no actually steer very clear of it. Instead go to the Imp Zone thread

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

please don't advocate people go to the imp zone at all, thanks and gobbles.

Even the Imp Zone thread is better than that trash fire.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Controversial opinion but I like the sonic boom characters. Having them all be the same lanky build with the circle body and giant shoes and hands with different giant heads was boring, swole knuckles looks silly but at least he looks like a real cartoon character now

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The sonic boom cartoon is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6mzBjFtcBc

I love the sonic boom cartoon because basically nothing adventurous happens, it's just the sonic characters hanging out doing whatever

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRcLBhfLMAo

RIP knuckles, you were the best character even if you did abandon your rap career in the mid 2000s

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The official story is that Jon left because he wanted to continue to do his own show instead of Game Grumps and he couldn't because it was cutting way into his free time. The drama attached is that neither he nor Egoraptor conveyed this to their audience very well and so a fuckbillion conspiracy theories spawned on the matter until they both, separately, cleared the air... which spawned MORE conspiracy theories because they didn't clear the air together at the same time. It still continues to this day because fans of things on the internet are insane people

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBUt2FnVaY4

BillyMC has gotten introspective lately but otherwise he is exactly the same

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The person who went out of their way to make sure you can still get duplicates out of boxes you actually paid money for is a lovely rear end in a top hat. This is true of almost any video game that has loot boxes because duplicates extend how many it will take you to get everything

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

f1av0r posted:

The contents in the box do not impact the actual gameplay in any way,

It doesn't matter. They are still an important part of the game, its economy, and its marketing. You have no choice but to receive boxes even if you decide not to open them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
MOBAs are a good way to lose friends because of extremely petty stupid poo poo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I already hate the phrase "PS4 Amateur"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Remember expansion packs? I remember expansion packs.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hitman as a video game series also lends itself much better to the episodic structure than 99% of video games, because it was an episodic game already before that was even a thing. They didn't have to shoehorn it into being separated into episodes because Hitman games already are that way.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Oh no, this game very few people have played is so much harder than the game everyone has had years to practice! It'll take like a week before someone uploads a series of SL1 naked/barehanded runs through each stage and people pounce on doomsayers for not "gitting good"

Did you actually read the series of tweets linked or just that one? The reason the person said that is because even basic enemies can one-shot you.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Maybe. I guess we'll see in like 3 days. :shrug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just because you ignore it doesn't mean it's not there. Likewise, just because it is ignorable doesn't mean it's not a problem.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Harrow posted:

Unless the main game is way, way more brutal than the demos,

I would say that's not the unlikeliest explanation because that was the case with Dark Souls 2 for sure. There is precedent for hard-rear end games having slightly-less-hard-rear end demos.

edit; rewording

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Why does anybody still want Half-Life 3

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mordja posted:

Glad to see DayZ receiving some much deserved recognition. Congratulations to DayZ.

DayZ is such a fuckin' scam, it's amazing how many people they managed to fool into thinking it is a fun and finished video game that is actually being actively developed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Quest For Glory II posted:

GAWRSH MY SOUL WAS TAKEN FROM MY BODY MAX

Goofy's black, dead eyes tell me all I need to know about the status of his soul

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I'll take 20

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh it's real, haha that's awesome

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sakurazuka posted:

They always did

Senran Kagura exists so there was definitely a low point but hopefully we are past it now

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just be like me and regret that you were ever born, then the rest will seem like small potatoes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am a Gamer, not because I don't have a life

oh wait no it actually is because of that, sorry

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Sup everybody, what's shakin in here

I am trying to play Burnout Paradise but it won't recognize my controller no matter what I do even though it's listed in the controller menu. I am trying so hard and I have had to listen to the opening of Guns n' Roses' Paradise City so much now that I want to cry

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Aww :( Hang in there and power through, I'm sure you'll figure out something soon!

I eventually got it working, thankfully. Here is the insane process I had to go through to use a controller in Burnout Paradise:

First off: The PS4 controller just straight up did not function at all, whether I was pretending it was a 360 controller via InputMapper or just doing it by itself. It claimed there was a 360 controller plugged in ingame but did nothing to acknowledge that fact.

To get a controller working in Burnout Paradise I had to start with the PS4 controller plugged in, unplug it once I was ingame, plug in an xbone controller, then manually remap every single button from the 360's buttons to the xbone's buttons, which are the same buttons. So now the xbone controller works if I do that. Video game ports

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It also crashes every time I try to log into EA's stupid account system from nearly 10 years ago, so I have to go through the process of declining the online stuff every time I want to play. I am unable to figure out why this happens and the internet has been no help so oh well.

edit: I mostly wanted to chill while drifting around wide corners and listening to eurobeat but it seems EA has other ideas, like trying their goddamndest to keep me from playing their video games

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wamdoodle posted:

Are you playing on Steam or Origin? I tried playing not to long ago with a wired Xbox 360 pad and had no trouble and yeah that drat EA thing is busted because that morphed into an Origin account. Have you tried logging in with that?

I've got the game on both and neither of them had any difference from the other. Unfortunately the only way it'll let me TRY to log in (which crashes the game) is if I use the email address I had 10 years ago to log into my EA account from 10 years ago. It says "ok login accepted" and then just crashes so fuckit, I didn't wanna play online anyway.

edit: my current mood is drifting hairpins in burnout paradise to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrxJCOVsV1E&t=111s

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Extremely disappointed to see Nioh has bigass spiders, I was actually looking forward to playing it. :smith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Don't you love Bloodborne? Is Rom a problem? Serious question.

Rom itself, no. Rom is more like a weird pillbug thing, and the spider adds do freak me out a bit but they're weird crabs with big dumb rock heads so they don't bother me. Now, the spiders in the Nightmare of Mensis on the other hand... there's a reason I only did the chalice dungeons once and then never again.

Real hurthling! posted:

just play it coop and wait at the spawn until a cool friend kills all the bugs for you.

That would be a good idea but (early-ish game boss spoilers) there is a Queelag-alike in Nioh, except much more spider than person and much freakier looking.

edit: also there are spiders that hang on the ceiling by webs and then drop down on you to ambush you and that's a good way to get me to never buy your game ever

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Feb 7, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You're afraid of random poo poo in this world too, I'm sure

edit: btw the reason I'm afraid of spiders is because I'm allergic to spider venom so please gently caress off with your "heh"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nTpsv9PNqo

captain invictus was pepe silvia the whole time

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWx6wsLTU8Y

For the record, I did great things with my burnout paradise eurobeat setup

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Spelunkirby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Considering purchasing nioh despite the spiders. I wanna fuckin do it. The spiders are scary of the scary-rear end variety but god dammit i do not wanna miss out on this game because of my own fears, video games are about facing your fears!!

• Locked thread