Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Maybe I should start playing Heroes of the Storm again

I know I know MOBA FREE TO PLAY BLARRGH and legit complaints all but I genuinely likee that game :shobon:

It's one of the better moba's. Reasonable gameplay mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jay Rust posted:

Henry Rollins' is a good dude, last I checked

Henry Rollins has managed to build an entire career out of being smarter than you'd expect him to be. Which doesn't mean much.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

corn in the bible posted:

they do have the same names, but its because nintendo of america named them first and japan just transliterated them

Heh I wonder how long it took NoJ to look up who they're named after

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

It's one of the better moba's. Reasonable gameplay mechanics.

"One of the better mobas" still isn't saying much of anything.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

trip report: astroneer runs pretty well on my computer now. also it's fun and good and i really like putting down tethers and spelunking. someone said it's what no man's sky wanted to be and that's probably right

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Doom 2016's singleplayer is 100% worth the full price tag. This is objective fact.

If you somehow couldn't enjoy the campaign I feel bad for you son

I got it for like twenty dollars the month after it came out. Thanks gamestop, and best buy for price matching gamestop.

Speaking of Gamestop http://kotaku.com/new-gamestop-program-leads-employees-to-lie-to-customer-1791874332

I know it's Kotaku, but.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
At this anime convention I went to I had to listen to a lady sing this song live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSBdEDfLdIg0

and now you can too!!!!

Includes the lyrics "if life is a piece of cake, then the cake is a lie!"

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Did they book her as a guest or was she in a contest?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

Did they book her as a guest or was she in a contest?

She does the opening ceremonies and has been the special guest for the last 3 or so cons

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Preordered Nioh Digital Deluxe. So hype.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

DayZ is such a fuckin' scam, it's amazing how many people they managed to fool into thinking it is a fun and finished video game that is actually being actively developed.

I put over 100 hours into it, just because I was playing with friends. Peer pressure is real. :negative:

At least 90 of those hours were spent running around, trying to meet up with my crew. I probably only enjoyed 10 hours, max. I've told them I won't reinstall it until it is finished, which means I will never have to reinstall it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

At this anime convention I went to I had to listen to a lady sing this song live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSBdEDfLdIg0

and now you can too!!!!

Includes the lyrics "if life is a piece of cake, then the cake is a lie!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpBgny2Fgg&list=PLXdcsPBEfh0qD6r5p02Lg5_tKQLHpH5xJ&index=20]

Oh dear.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah she sings those too, she has her own panel where she just sings her songs and sometimes makes them up. I think I posted about her in one of these threads before at the last con but still lol

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I didn't even know Vic was still "A Thing" these days.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o77BL-hCHxA

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yikes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anybody in Games wants to play some action half life please see my megathread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808837

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i've been scrolling up and down the astroneer page for like 5 minutes

http://astroneer.space/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also, this one-day con is now officially a real con since there was someone in the market room selling wallscrolls of something called gantz 0 that were lewd enough that they had to attach sticky notes to censor it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy Mann posted:

Henry Rollins has managed to build an entire career out of being smarter than you'd expect him to be. Which doesn't mean much.

I'd say it's more that his shtick is being more emotionally crippled by low self esteem than you'd expect. A fun game to play is "Rollins poem or LiveJournal entry?"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Preordered Nioh Digital Deluxe. So hype.

Kt usually has awful dlc but i got it too lol

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

they've said they're trying to imitate from soft, hopefully they continue to do so with the dlc

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

tap my mountain posted:

Heh I wonder how long it took NoJ to look up who they're named after

I still feel like they blew it with the naming by the lack of an Alice Koopa

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VwJkX2KIDw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bloodychill posted:

Good luck, poo poo's hard. I don't know if I'll ever be able to pull that off.

It's not so bad. There are levels at the end of World 5, the middle of World 6, and all of World 7 that make anybody want to scream, but you have infinite continues and they offer a lot of shortcuts via warp pipes for the levels that come back when you game over. (Also the World 8 Fortress is definitely hard, but a warp run isn't going to save you from that.)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

GAWRSH MY SOUL WAS TAKEN FROM MY BODY MAX

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

that's one of the least bad funcos at least

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

oddium posted:

Yeah, it actually resembles the character instead of a generic dot-eyed creature with vague hair/clothing similarities.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Quest For Glory II posted:

GAWRSH MY SOUL WAS TAKEN FROM MY BODY MAX

Goofy's black, dead eyes tell me all I need to know about the status of his soul

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That's not the goofy from Kingdom Hearts if he's not just dead in the corner somewhere with Donald.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I'll take 20

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh it's real, haha that's awesome

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

By far some of the coolest Funko POP figures are the Titanfall 2 ones. Bonus that they're extra tall too.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lmao this rules.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

mutata posted:

By far some of the coolest Funko POP figures are the Titanfall 2 ones. Bonus that they're extra tall too.

i looked and none of them are tone

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Bicyclops posted:

It's not so bad. There are levels at the end of World 5, the middle of World 6, and all of World 7 that make anybody want to scream, but you have infinite continues and they offer a lot of shortcuts via warp pipes for the levels that come back when you game over. (Also the World 8 Fortress is definitely hard, but a warp run isn't going to save you from that.)

I beat it back at release doing warps and using a P wing to get through that endless tank level in world 8. One of these days maybe I'll give a full run a try.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

:eyepop:

that's amazing

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

oddium posted:

i looked and none of them are tone

oh ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU