Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Woah, this looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6dqzDvxNY

Coming to xb1, ps4, pc and switch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Even Polygon could figure out how to play it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvT4g-e5T-o

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What does the hummingbird do

It's a friend

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I would pay 50 dollars a year if miiverse was allowed to live on

:yeah: :(

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
GameStop is doing a lovely thing

quote:

The program, called “Circle of Life,” gives each GameStop store different percentage quotas for 1) pre-orders; 2) reward card subscriptions; 3) used game sales; and 4) game trade-ins. Each of these quotas is based on the store’s total transactions. Pre-orders and reward cards subscriptions are based on the number of transactions, while used game sales and trade-ins are based on the total dollar value of transactions. If a store’s quota for used game sales is 30%, and the store sells $1,000 worth of merchandise, GameStop expects at least $300 of that merchandise to be pre-owned.

So if someone walks into GameStop and picks up, say, a brand new copy of Yakuza 0 without 1) pre-ordering another game, 2) subscribing for a new rewards card, 3) buying a used game, or 4) trading in some games to help pay for it, then the transaction will knock down all four percentages.

The more new games an employee sells, the more used games they’ll have to sell to make up for it. In other words, according to salespeople speaking to Kotaku and elsewhere on the internet, GameStop is incentivizing employees to stop people from buying new games and hardware. GameStop staff say the company has threatened to fire people who don’t hit these quotas, which is leading to all sorts of scuzzy tactics.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

I'm sure my Picross 3D skills have rotted out in that time.

I believe in you. It's like riding a bicycle

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Amazon's 20% off preorders is dangerous

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tyranny definitely felt like it would have benefited a lot from extra development time, so if self-publishing helps em make that time it would be cool and good.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

They half are, Japan outlawed one particularly egregious form a few years ago and all the F2P mobile companies hastily patched it out.

Back ally illegal gacha games

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mario Run fell really fast too, and I'd expect FE to gain spots as players hit the squeeze points.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I wish there was like a 5 to 10 dollar version of puzzle and dragon that was just a normal video game because I like the mechanics of it

There's one for the 3DS

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In any case cosmetic loot crates are not going away anytime soon. Look at the player count bump during CS:GO's first sale after adding loot crates.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Man, I didn't realize you could buy loot crates in overwatch, I thought it was just a level up thing. That sucks.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dr Cheeto posted:

You cannot buy credits, though, you just slowly amass them whenever you get especially bad loot box pulls. It's a consolation prize, and it doesn't really bypass the gambling.

Offering consolations is a pretty classic way to keep people gambling even when they lose.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Heroes of the Storm: it's not a moba!!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dr Cheeto posted:

There's a special place in hell for moba devs who lock 90% of the roster out from a new player.

Good thing HotS is not a moba

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dr Cheeto posted:

There's a special place in hell for moba devs

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

I assumed devtesla's post was some kind of joke but if it was serious then just LOL.

Blizzard refuses to call HotS a MOBA despite it clearly being one, likely as some kind of "it's not just another MOBA!" marketing strategy.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
living the life

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Took me three tries due to being slow at puzzles + excessive screenshot taking, but I BEAT THE TALOS PRINCIPLE! :woop:

That ending was absolutely worth it, even that last slog of puzzles at the end.

Now enjoy Road To Gehenna it's even better.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

I know if I suddenly had a few hundred million I'd make some people I follow online's day with a hefty donation unannounced while they're live for the reaction :v:

I would make some sensible investments, and donate to charity.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I would spend roughly 60 to 120 dollars a month on video games for the rest of my life until I died, which is my current plan anyway

oddium posted:

i would buy a gamecube component cable :hai:

Good plans

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

This Shy Guy built a sandcastle. If you destroy this sandcastle you are despicable

There's a secret in there.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMF Freeway posted:

The loot stuff in Nioh is definitely not great imo because you get a lot of it and most of it is trash or marginal upgrade which just means a lot of inventory fiddling for not much reward. I say this as someone who can get into loot games sometimes. Its worth putting up with for the good parts of the game though.

Originally the game had weapon degradation, but they took that out before release. You were supposed to be breaking weapons all the time and replacing them, but they didn't adjust the loot mechanics before release so instead we got this.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Please consider signing this petition, help out those most affected by today's political climate.

I would get it if it came to PC

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pre-order discounts are incredibly dangerous, yet seductive.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Black Stones posted:

This isn't a thing in the states?

You spend an extra ten minutes waiting around so they can go back and swipe your card lol

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

Closer than I thought lol

Awoken Male

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
it's cause you sqint when you orgasam, just like when you do a racist impression of a Japanese person.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Remember to take a fifteen minute break every hour of playing games, everyone!

This is good advice and I love it when Nintendo games come with break reminders. Thank you game for looking out for me!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Using the pomodoro technique, but for videogames.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Humble is doing a huge, $30 minimum all-charity bundle. Lots of good stuff, very little garbage.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The Humble Bundle already hit the 300k that they were matching, woah.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

he looked at the numbers of future viability as his core audience grows up and the work it would take to keep them and decided to play it safe and soak up nazi patreon money for life instead

actually it's because he's a nazi

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
pew die pie is a white supremacist

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Sounds more like Jim Sterling's MO tbh.

isn't he one of the woke ones?? I can't keep up

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The cool thing about the witness is that there really isn't any required content, if anything doesn't seem fun you can just skip it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Haha gently caress off, welcome to the future where Hero Mode is dlc

edit: it's $20 by the way in case you can't be bothered to look it up

I'm going to buy the DLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer