Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The devblog where they discuss the four or five colors they used that weren't in the NES pallette was fascinating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

In Training posted:

Something like 2% of people who own Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN on PS4 have never even launched the game.

That seems shockingly low compared to, say, any game on Steam.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean you can buy skins with credits

You cannot buy credits, though, you just slowly amass them whenever you get especially bad loot box pulls. It's a consolation prize, and it doesn't really bypass the gambling.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

devtesla posted:

Heroes of the Storm: it's not a moba!!

There's a special place in hell for moba devs who lock 90% of the roster out from a new player.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

devtesla posted:

Good thing HotS is not a moba

Well, you see, while our game pits two teams of five in a game where they push lanes and kill each other with the end goal of destroying a large central base structure that requires an in-depth knowledge of each character's strengths and abilities before you can even start getting good, it doesn't have last hitting and therefore it's not a MOBA

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What did Bethesda do?

Aside from continually producing unimaginative broken-rear end games that people on the internet fix for free, I mean.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Fill a missile silo with Senran Kaguras

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Phantasium posted:

you act like I wouldn't be putting giant anime posters everywhere

the longest advent children wall scrolls

Fill the hatch with anime and seal the blast doors.

Become the ultimate shut-in

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

devtesla posted:

There's a secret in there.

The secret is: if you can read this, you're the real villain in this game

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What is the cleanest convention

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Don't stop being a wordy nerd over video games on the video games subforum

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Steam greenlight was 100% garbage and maybe now there will be fewer unity engine asset flips on steam

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I wish they would have put in the effort required to make Greenlight a positive thing instead of the festering garbage heap it is, but the current situation is untenable. Direct seems bad but I don't think it's worse than the status quo.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If it wasn't for Valve's complete lack of any will to keep a tidal wave of lovely games that are sometimes literally unplayable out of their storefront we would not have the saga of Digital Homicide: the guys who filed an $18 million lawsuit against 100 Steam users over their negative reviews, and who pledged $1/month to YouTube Opinions Man Jim Sterling in order to prove that he does business in Arizona so they could file a $10 million suit against him in the Arizona court because he said mean things about their crap games.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Did you know? Girls are people, too!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Because it's impossible to balance around it when a player can pay a premium and instantly see their aim improve significantly.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bicyclops posted:

I get that, but wouldn't have keyboard and mouse peripherals for console essentially eliminate that problem?

The core of the problem would be the same as it is today: a minority of players are willing to spend more money for an objectively and dramatically superior control scheme, making it harder to balance issues that crop up due to the properties of a controller.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

VideoGames posted:

I have preordered the Neon Joycon Switch :)

:yeah:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CrashCat posted:

I guess? I didn't get it for Wii U because this was coming up soon but now I wonder how many people will actually make the jump, especially with a monthly fee

I'm interviews, Nintendo has been talking somewhere between $18-$25 per year, it's really not that bad.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Jim Sterling's videos on video game business practices are probably his best stuff, and very well suited to his schtick, but it's okay not to like a YouTube man imo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

boy are my arms tired posted:

im doing that thing where you bring your fingers to your lips and make a kissing motion rn

:discourse:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
This particular transgression was, compared to the other lovely things he's done, probably easier to communicate because all you need to do is post a screenshot of the bit where two guys are holding a sign saying "kill all jews" and Pew pulling a face.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You can watch videos on a cell phone now. 56k modems aren't exactly a problem at this point.

It's gonna take people less time to digest a screenshot than a video of any length, and getting people to click on a video is a lot harder in the first place. It's more about exposure and ease of sharing than it is about the content.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I guess I'm just curious as to why entertainment companies think 'jokes' about women, hispanics, blacks, asians, etc. are either perfectly fine or begrudgingly overlooked, but Jews are completely off limits.

:yikes:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lumpy the Cook posted:

What makes 'jokes' about black and Hispanic people (two groups with an immense and heavy history of violent discrimination in the United States that continues to this very day, and who, generally, live in immense poverty compared to the majority of the country, and who are at risk of losing a lot of hard-fought rights in coming years) acceptable, but saying anything about Jews, the wealthiest, safest and- dare I say it?- most privileged minority group in the entire western world, is a grave offense that must be immediately dealt with?

I mean I could quote myself again but it's clear you're incapable of accepting an argument that goes against your preconceived notions about a (((certain minority))) and would rather masturbate about how correct you are that Pew would get no gruff for holding a sign that says "I LOVE RAPE".

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The only good console thread is the 3DS thread

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

VideoGames posted:

Pretty Woman is the most anime.

It's pretty anime but While You Were Sleeping is the most anime

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I like Dinosaur Comics

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
How do I give myself a gang tag?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Phoenix Wright owns so much you guys

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

suuma posted:

Do you guys think its weird that CAD characters only have 4 fingers

Not as weird as the fact that they all have the same face

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Thank you, Stephen Colbert

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

plz dont pull out posted:

What was the worst webcomic y'all read regularly?

I was gonna say xkcd but I took a look and I still had Dresden Codak in my RSS feed? Anyway thanks for reminding me to clear out the bad crap from my RSS feed.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

I think we've taken loss.jpg too far

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm gonna need oven mitts to handle these Gunnerkrieg Court hot takes

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

VideoGames posted:

Personally, speaking as Videogames, I like video games.

:yeah:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yes

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There are several theatres near me which still have it, yes.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cyron posted:

the "hype" for bomberman R may be the saddest thing ever. it a bomberman game made by konami but the switch thread is hyping it up because it the only launch title on the system that is exclusive and not a casual mini game.

please point out the hype to me because all I see is a bunch of disillusioned nerds talking about how much it will suck and how ugly it looks

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
sorry I forgot to mention that I, too, am a disillusioned nerd

point is, practically nobody in the Switch thread has something positive to say about Bomberman R and your post makes no sense

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

codenameFANGIO posted:

Name a perfect game.

Thief: The Dark Project

• Locked thread