Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Thief: The Dark Project is basically the perfect stealth game, which is weird considering it came out in 1998.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Doesn't seem weird to me.

Just seems like someone should have taken notes. When's the last time a stealth game's sound design communicated as much to the player as clearly as Thief?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What's the best way to play the original DOOM these days?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's okay to enjoy media without the full context. I'm glad Naughty Dog apparently did a good job tying up the Uncharted story but it's okay if not everyone understands it all.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's a quest in Witcher 3 where you defeat DRM with the power of GOG

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
God I hope not

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I know you all love Jim Sterling so you might be pleased to know that Digital Homicide's $10m libel suit against him was dismissed with prejudice

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Looks like those clowns in the youngest generation did it again. What a bunch of clowns.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Why is it covered in chocolate spatter???

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The way that captains you previously defeated could come back stronger and way uglier was super cool to me. I died to a captain early on, took my revenge, and then he came back twice. Some time later I'm wrapping up the main questline and invade some kind of super secret fortress with a bunch of mind-controlled orcs AND GUESS WHO SHOWS UP? The same loving guy, with some fresh scars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

precision posted:

I dunno about that place but in America if someone breaks into your house you can shoot them to death as long as you claim you told them to leave and they refused so I think that guy is probably ok.

While America does love it's castle doctrine, setting traps is a big no-no. A puzzle house which traps someone who doesn't know how to leave would probably be considered a trap by the court.

precision posted:

Psh, if you're gonna build a puzzle house and not throw a Faraday cage around the whole business then what's da bloody point?

What kind of monster would live in a house without a mobile signal

• Locked thread