Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Not to defend the polygon man people don't like too much but the nioh review codes went out like a week ago and it's 40 hours long and also probably kind of tough for a lot of people and not just games journalists. They aren't the only site who had to put up something saying they haven't finished it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

watch out gamers, this one might be TOO difficult !

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

As long as the people getting screwed over aren't me, no remorse!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the polygon article does mention getting combo'd to death which you can prevent by just hitting the block button so

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

grats rabi-ribi

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

they've said they're trying to imitate from soft, hopefully they continue to do so with the dlc

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I go through a pair of headphones every two weeks

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

My headphones at home last years and years. I think my garbage phone is shorting them out or something

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

otomedius would have been a bad game even if it was all extremely un-sexy space ships

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

So apparently the famous Castlevania line goes, "A miserable little pile of secrets!" !!!

your words are as empty as your soul!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Battletoads is one of the most technically impressive games on the nes and the gameplay variety and inventiveness in it is completely crazy for its time, it's just so hosed up hard that no one ever gets to see all that stuff.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Automata has a different animation for returning to neutral pose after every single attack and they're all amazing looking but I never see them because I just mash the dodge button to get running after I stop attacking :f5:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lakbay posted:

I want to play Nier Automata but I'm afraid even the easiest difficulty will be too hard for me or that some of the content will be locked behind the higher difficulties.

I almost died in the demo on normal difficulty :(

You'll be fine. On normal it is not a particularly difficult game. Along the lines of the original Nier if you played that. You've been playing Nioh which is dramatically more difficult.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Also you can change the difficulty at any time. Using other Platinum games as a gauge for its difficulty isn't right. It's like the first Nier game in basically every way except the fight buttons are better.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lol in what platinum game is hard difficulty "everything kills you in one hit" because that's what very hard is in automata

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Harrow posted:

On Nier: Automata's Very Hard, is it that attacks take all your health but you can auto-use healing items so your healing item stash is your real health meter, or is it "gently caress your healing, get hit and you die"?

That auto-healing to save you from dying was only in the demo. The auto item chip in the full game will use an item if you drop below 30% but won't do anything to save you if you take a hit that just kills you outright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Snak posted:

The only modern CoD I've played is Ghosts. Now, I hear that it was a bad one, but to this day I cannot get over how gross the story of the campaign was.

The bad guy kills one of your group. And every one is flipping out. He's a villain, he has to go down. In a war, a guy got killed. You killed 300 people during the tutorial. And what makes the villain bad is he killed a guy. It made Hunger Games look like Shakespeare.

I mean that's every game

• Locked thread