Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Really Pants posted:

anyone else remember when games were completed before release :corsair:
When was that exactly?

https://tcrf.net/Category:Games_by_release_date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Phantasium posted:

Also the guy at Nintendo just said the price of the online service is around $17.50 – $26.50 a year so people can thankfully stop freaking out about Switch online prices.
What a bizarrely, precisely imprecise estimate

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

sharrrk posted:

i saw there was a new digimon world game out for the ps4, is it any good? i haven't played a digimon game in way too long
It is very much a Digimon World game, if you know what you're getting into you'll know if you like it. If you don't, beware because that formula is a bit unconventional. I feel that they didn't bother to add much in the way of extra detail, it still looks like a PS2 game remastered for PS4.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

precision posted:

Comic book stores often have used games way cheaper than GameStop.

In my experience, used game stores all have eBay storefronts and price appropriately, maybe five bucks off Gamestop tops

Unless you catch Gamestop being lazy, but they always correct to the market eventually

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

polygon should apologize for doing things other than making griffin / justin / nick videos

griffin nailed it again with Peacecraft, I can never get enough

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I get only the best advice on foreign policy from ElectricalBeast (aka the Jolteon of Let's Play)
I nominate BillyMC for FDA chair

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

There are a million roguelike indie RPGs nobody ever plays, I have to imagine someone else has done it and it just sucks

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nasgate posted:

Fire Emblem heroes is good and fun. Repeatedly murdering the dumb characters from fates and loli dragons with the OG green cavalier and friends is cool and good.
It's really not great but I've played so many terrible f2p hero collecting games that even "not enragingly bad" is enough to satisfy me.

Also I pulled Camilla and Abel who are just destroying everything in sight

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

that's really impressive that No Man's Sky knocked cancergame off the pretentiousness championship. Everyone had it as a lock for years and years of previews

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Viewtiful Jew posted:

At the very least Second Life cannot be shut down. Too many bonds are made there. Bonds made outta hemp, katanas and giant dongs.
You mean they constantly make money off people who they charge every month to pay the entire server cost for what they use and then some

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dewgy posted:

I think the fact that the kid actually died during its development takes it from pretentious to genuinely tragic. It's less an art piece and more watching someone cope in real time.
That's always what it was about. But it's been video game "Oscar bait" ever since it first got picked up by the media. To be fair the pretentiousness pretty much lies entirely at their feet.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My copy of No Man's Sky just came in, looking forward to it!
shoulda got Astroneer instead

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

I feel like lives as a mechanic are obsolete at this point
I did not have regenerating health, so I became a gamer and now I'm dead

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Finally broke down and traded in for a PS4 Pro with the old tax return money. Now to wait for 8tb external drives to get cheap :getin:

(actually probably something much smaller)

Real hurthling! posted:

just play it coop and wait at the spawn until a cool friend kills all the bugs for you.
Wait it has co-op? Or is it just souls style

I would totally play it if I can cower behind someone who actually is good

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

It has full coop
looks like it has both kinds, even better

http://attackofthefanboy.com/guides/nioh-guide-how-to-summon-visitors-play-co-op/

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ohh crap

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/829046418828558336/photo/1

Well I'm toast, regrets maxed out

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dewgy posted:

Yes. Notice how it says "Rock Candy vinyl collectible".

christ on a crutch, how many different lines of specifically deformed figurines do they have now? is there one with just enormous asses? asking for a friend

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Last night I finished backing up my old PS4 and traded it in for a Pro. Tonight the restore finished and I found out that the Pro is broken. Like shuts itself off when you launch FFXV and some other games broken. Back to Gamestop tomorrow.

:negative:

This is why you don't buy first iterations of a new model. At least I had the sense to buy locally.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Just watching some guy theorycraft after finishing the game, it's clear there are some builds that loving destroy the difficulty curve

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

It sounded neat to me but if someone mentions loot in the first sentence summary I immediately lose all interest
Oh you'll love this one then. Not only is there loot, but when you craft a weapon or armor there's RNG mechanics for what quality it will be. Even if you use all the best ingredients you get like a 33% chance of the best grade :laugh:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The nearly equal chance of getting the worst quality item would suggest it's a major trap, yeah

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LawfulWaffle posted:

Having a playable demo that I enjoy makes me more likely to preorder a game. I wish there had been a demo for No Man's Sky.
That often leads to regret. I really liked the betas of Destiny and Division and well... the final product on those are finally maybe starting to shape up but a preorder wasn't a good idea at all.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Phantasium posted:

My experience with the chip has been that the chip wears out infinitely faster than the strip and is already getting read errors in brand new POS terminals with a less than year old card which is great when each attempt takes like 20 seconds and a lot of terminals don't let you give up and swipe until the chip fails 3 times.

My first chip card died in two months. My next one has lasted about four so far, maybe it will make out the year. It's not generally a problem, except that my bank hates Walmart so when their terminals gently caress it up I actually end up getting locked out of my account sometimes. At least they always send replacement cards no questions asked.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

bianca was so good in dqh that i had to pick her in dqv which i played shortly after

she can solo basically every level of dqh no problem
This is totally the wrong order yet it makes great sense

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So what I'm getting from this Activision Earnings Slide is that Skylanders is not...entirely dead. It's only somewhat dead. They deliberately mention there's gonna be more seasons of the TV show and there's a mobile game development while also deliberately not mentioning whether or not a console title is in development as well.
I feel like they've painted themselves into a corner by maintaining backwards compatibility with all the older toys with each new game. The number of toys you can now use with the newest one is staggering. Sure, they can reuse assets to some extent, but not entirely, and reusing things traps them in certain ways.
IGE was once pretty big poo poo and dealt in a lot more than just WoW gold, it's not all that shocking to me.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

even the voice clips that they actually used for that game were insane. at one point i had a thing that would play all the sounds on the disc, it may have even been included. wanted to make a Windows sound theme out of them but never got around to it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

chumbler posted:

I just learned that there is going to be a Destiny 2.

Why.

Because you can only resell the "collection" as a surcharge to the latest expansion so many times in a row before it gets old

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VideoGames posted:

I have only just started Destiny, so by the time I get the sequel the third will probably come out!
If you want to play some on PS4 hit me up

But I haven't played in months (years?) and didn't buy the latest expansion and my level is probably wrong so lol

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That's a real hobby-grade character there

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VideoGames posted:

I am level 9 and slowly pottering about the campaign solo :) You'll be perfectly matched!
It's possible. I don't honestly remember what I left behind but I think I might have had one around there

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrashCat posted:

It's possible. I don't honestly remember what I left behind but I think I might have had one around there

Closer than I thought lol

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VideoGames posted:

Hah! I've been reading the Destiny thread since I started playing it and I do not get 95% of the things posted in there. It's massively confusing.
The raids were basically your usual World of Warcraft-ish dance recital stuff but translated to a shooter. I did a couple back in the day but I didn't much care for it. Still I guess you should try one, you might like it better, I just can't be bothered to perfect the choreography needed for them.

Also that could have changed because I didn't even play the first expansion lol

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

the battleborn guy reminds me of post timeskip franky from one piece
I've played him and he is nowhere near that SUUUPEEEEER

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

devtesla posted:

Awoken Male
I think that was a player race or something, I surely don't qualify for woke

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

The Rise and Fall of Austin Walker
The Assassination of Austin Walker's Character by the Cowardly Twitter

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CJacobs posted:

Maybe I should have said "His articles about video games are way too socio-political for me" then because I wasn't trying to imply that it's bad to do so like people think I am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNvnXiTguO8

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

good thing Nintendo won't have to worry about that any time soon then :laugh:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

That was daisy!!

hi i'm daisy

CrashCat