Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Grapplejack posted:

Thanks gamestop
does that even work out to one per store?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrashCat posted:

does that even work out to one per store?
lol nope

quote:

GameStop has 6,614 stores in operation, of which 4,434 are located in the United States, 343 in Canada, 413 in Australia/New Zealand and 1,424 are in Europe. Our stores operate primarily under the names of GameStop and EB Games.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

chumbler posted:

I believe you'll find that it actually makes them even more special and valuable. Act fast, loyal gamestop customers.
Act fast and somehow be in at least 4 places at once!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Help Im Alive posted:

miis don't count
what about Game Face

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Help Im Alive posted:

Absolutely not

Create A Wrestler?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

precision posted:

Does anyone actually do this?
more like a two minute break for some water or to take a piss or something just to not die of leg things

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bicyclops posted:

Are video game rentals even a thing anymore?
For me only Redbox survives, so needless to say many of the games I would like to try are not broad enough in appeal and never make it there. I don't give enough of a poo poo to use a Gamefly ssubscription

Darth Lamer posted:

Who is getting the Switch? I didn't get a preorder but I know a guy who got two and I'm buying one of his.
I got an unexpectedly big refund, I could still get one. I don't like the idea of playing one game and then mothballing it for half a year though.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

Splatoon 2 tho
I guess? I didn't get it for Wii U because this was coming up soon but now I wonder how many people will actually make the jump, especially with a monthly fee

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

tap my mountain posted:

I caught John wick 2 yesterday, it was very good

I liked the parts where he shot people in the head, and also the times when he shoots other parts of the body
I liked the part where he pets his dog

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CJacobs posted:

Steep is already discounted to 30 bucks on PS4, not sure about other platforms. imo it still doesn't have enough content to be worth even that which is a massive shame.
Yeah I would nab it for 20 because it's fun to gently caress around going down slopes, but that's about my limit. There is supposed to be a feature to make your own routes to share as competition but I had so much trouble with some of the built in ones I'm not sure I would bother. Like the third or fourth one I tried ever has you snowboarding among a bunch of fences and cabins and I just gave up trying to get a gold rating on that. The controls are far too loose (like actual snow I suppose) for me to manage that without umpteen retries.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Palpek posted:

This PewDiePie thing is hilarious. One of the dumbest ways to blow one's career. Still, he'll live but just lol.
Honestly there's no other way it could have gone, he's just too much of an attention seeker to quietly fade away instead of blowing it all up

The real lol thing is anyone taking him on as a property expecting he would behave

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lumpy the Cook posted:

What makes 'jokes' about black and Hispanic people... acceptable
It's not, full stop.

However, large amounts of potential money can get businesses to look past many things until a large vocal outrage happens. This is not new.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Well thanks for reading Stormfront so I never have to, I guess.
That's exactly what you were looking for with your troll bait, don't pretend otherwise.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lumpy the Cook posted:

What's 'exactly what I was looking for'? Naziposting tips? Because that's apparently all you guys seem willing to give.
You were looking to bait someone into defending something terrible, and when the circumstances were explained reasonably but you pressed onward that became obvious. As it was by ignoring the part of my post you quoted that explained it yet again. It's fun for you I'm sure but if you gave a poo poo you'd use that energy to crack down on someone actually doing harm instead of a bunch of largely harmless people who just want to chat about video games

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Palpek posted:

Well, there's a reason why 'financial advisor' is an actual job. Not that they know what they're doing but they know the acronyms.
Also because they basically only have to set you up once and then make money off of you for years with minimal maintenance

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cyron posted:

well the PS4 thread is worse then the switch thread, at least if you buy zelda for the wiiu they won't call you subhuman.
Bloodborne is a fine game, did you need something else, citizen? :v:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

loss edits are getting hella minimalist

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mr E posted:

Ratchet & Clank racer girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6IfRa2oAXc

seems like you got it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Guy Mann posted:

Playing Catlateral Damage made me realize that games about trashing houses are a great but woefully underutilized genre. Katamari Damacii, Elebits, King of Crusher...uh...
It desperately needs a button to just let you inch forward a bit though. It's so hard being a little kitty with such short stubby paws :(

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

daww

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

VideoGames that rules thread is a french chef doing that kissing motion with his fingers

c'est magnifique
:discourse:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

JosephWongKS posted:

For those of you who are still interested, the curtain has closed on the Thermidor saga.

1%? Ouch

Lurdiak posted:

Oh my God, Tex, this is so embarrassing for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_gEtc4rAqU&t=3635s
"He did it again?"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I'm the little girl with 80s hair apparently hanging out in an arcade with my hot mom

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Aphrodite posted:

A couple of days ago they broke the $200 barrier.
Yeah the 500gb one with Minecraft is 200 on Newegg.

Technically under 200 but whatever you get the idea

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Colonel posted:

somebody help me understand why mr. driller: drill land for the nintendo gamecube ends with a gospel song about getting married and having a happy life together while drinking wine and reminiscing on the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFDR9U3SOF4
It was developed by Namco and came out only a couple of years before Katamari Damacy. Draw your own conclusions

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nina posted:

I had zero interest in For Honor until I learned it's a pretty technical 3D fighter at heart and you can play as female versions of most of the characters. Too bad it's only 30fps on console which is really ehh for anything with high skill ceiling.
It's a technical fighter at heart but most of the techniques can be overlooked for the clearly imbalanced ones with better speed, damage and reach. And 30fps means nothing since nearly everything is deliberately telegraphed for several frames so you can react to it, sometimes with big honking icons just to make sure you don't miss it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Klaus Kinski posted:

Several frames is understating it. Many attacks have probably 0.5-1 second before you have to react.

It's pretty much like playing a fg where every attack is a dust from gg.
Yeah, that was really what I meant. And as far as I can tell it's by design since they want newcomers to get into this thing. Unfortunately that means serious players just laugh at it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://youtu.be/xLGc0CRtw8Q

:negative:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bloodychill posted:

13 minutes on one fish :psyduck:
No, 15 minutes is just the limit of what an automatic clip would hold. It was well over an hour, if I had to guess.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

babypolis posted:

what the hell happened with the xbone anyways, was it a massive flop or something? as far as i can tell all the new good games are pc or ps4
There's plenty of cross-platform titles that work alright on Xbox One, but they couldn't produce a convincing argument to favor the Xbox over the PlayStation, and eventually rather than continuing to delude themselves they started focusing on encouraging people to get games on PC through the Windows Store. At least that's what I got out of it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

I understand that always-online stuff is bad but I'd love to know how many people it actively inconveniences, it seems to me that always-online will just be the default in a few years given how the internet works.
If implemented wrong it tends to have bad behavior even for people who always have a connection. If you're in the huge part of the world that doesn't always have a connection then good luck

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

DK art game lookin p good

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Andrast posted:

Do you also start book series from the second novel or TV-series from season three?

Some things work without context, some things don't. It depends entirely on the property in question.
Well you answered your own question there, I would totally pick up Simpsons or Star Trek or some poo poo like that in the middle. And before online video got really going that was the only economical way to see em

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nate RFB posted:

That sure is some cherries you've picked there.
Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like an all or nothing proposition. :shrug:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ImpAtom posted:

You don't pick a side. The rich will be the cyborgs, the poor will not.
As if there's no way to suck up to the rich :rolleyes:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oddium posted:

i wish drew scanlon of giant bomb luck as he leaves to head the video game branch of people magazine, "Save State"
I wish him luck too, because holy gently caress who buys People to read about video games

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

Remember when people got fooled into thinking this is what Nintendo's next console was:

it sort of is though

just add one giant pile of Nintendo gimmicks

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

mutata posted:

nintendoon

a portmanteau of Brigadoon and Nintendo, a magical land where people have lives that can somehow fully make use of insane Nintendo gimmicks

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Harrow posted:

I'm either going to buy a PS4 Pro or a Nintendo Switch soon and I can't decide which one.
You're looking at maybe 5 FPS more in Boost Mode for some older PS4 games when that firmware hits from what I've seen, and questionable defect rate that may mean you want to splash for a replacement plan for the Pro as well. You could do it for your own amusement I guess but keep in mind the extra hassle if you want to transfer your data, especially if you've upgraded to 2TB already since the Pro only has 1TB.

It's a good thing that you may have to wait a bit to get a Switch and a good thing it will take you months on top of that to get through Zelda because it will probably take at least that long before another must have game comes out, depending on your opinion of ports, sequels and remakes.

Your best bet is to just get let yourself splurge on some cool new games and don't get saddled with hardware you don't need and the issues that go with that. Not as shiny but more bang for the buck and fewer regrets.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

A question I never thought I'd see myself asking: is Farming Simulator 17 a good game? Does it have much of a progression or campaign?
I've occasionally watched people streaming that and it's got a few missions you can do, but most people never seem to care about them and just dick around forever. Though if you do some of the missions you can get some money for less effort than usual and use that for more farm toys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

hey kid

press that key to open your inventory

• Locked thread