Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

MMF Freeway posted:

Is that saying that you can't disallow people from buying a version of a game from a country where it is priced cheaply and activate it on your Steam account from outside that country?

Yes, basically. EU citizens have a right to be able to buy from the whole EU market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Lurdiak posted:

Go on a date with Barrett and give Bowser a big kiss.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/the-hottest-daddies-in-video-games

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Lurdiak posted:

I really take issue with some of these inclusions.

Don't kinkshame :mad:

(yeah, some of them are a bit odd. Apparently Bowser is in the header and doesn't warrant a mention because he's the ur-Daddy)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Red Bones posted:

I used to be into that sorta super negative humour but I just find it really tiring these days. Both with videos/written stuff, and with real life friends, if I'm hanging out with a friend that digs that super negative/critical humour than I need to take a break after a while because it just bums me out.

This is one of the things I like about Jim Sterling (once you get past the ironic fascist bit, which took me a drat while). Dude obviously really likes a lot of stuff, he just also shits on crap stuff with ferocity.

His podcast is pretty fun, him and Laura Dale will just go off on a random tangent about sexy boys in FF15 or how great some game is

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

CJacobs posted:

Jim Sterling has a lot of interesting insight on the games industry that is buried underneath his stupid annoying gimmick. I wish his gimmick was not "is an over the top prick" and was at least something funny instead.

Yeah agreed. Underneath is a solidly knowledgeable dude with an actual social conscience.

I mean, if you want that without the gimmick, there's always Matt Lees

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Blackfyre posted:

I really don't like PewDiePie or his content but is this going to affect him majorly overall? He's sort of just there and known about in the youtube scene now I mean he was on South Park a while back.

He'll probably become some sort of alt-right freeze peach icon as he disappears squarely up his own arse

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Definitely feels like most of this DLC content has been removed from the completed game rather than extra stuff that requires solid development time, especially Hard Mode.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Intent isn't the magical get-out card of offending people that the internet thinks it is, hope this helps

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

holy gently caress that's savage

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Sakurazuka posted:

I loving wish

Keep calm and get in the loving bin you skiver trash, stop taking money from us strivers and ARE BOYS

Vote conservative

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

oddium posted:

gunnerkrieg court

😎

is bad

😎

maybe it's you who is bad :mad:

(i mean my avatar history is shocking though, Homestuck/Gunnerkrigg/Steven Universe. i am the ur-goon)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

MMF Freeway posted:

You don't see the original much these days. lol the blurry hospital stock photos

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Captain Invictus posted:

My ex-friend stole my oglaf book

The fucker

The worst

Also, RIP Achewood sorta

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpWL_roj9bI

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Sakurazuka posted:

That's why it's the best FF also Tidus is fine

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

credburn posted:

This makes me so happy. I really thought I was the only one seeing this and was once again the only person upset about something everyone else seems either oblivious to or entirely okay with.

I would love to see the making of a YouTube video. Like, do they write a script? Do they fill it with little notes, like "Cut here. Cut here. Cut here." every other line or so? Or do they just go through the video and randomly cut poo poo apart?

Clearly all video transitions should be collapsing penguin storm.

The level of pre-planning depends on who's making it. Most youtubers will just have a basic outline, hence all the jump cuts. Stuff done by actual production companies is far more likely to script it.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'll be honest, it's taken until now for me to play FF9 and I'm like 3 hours in and it's just pure, unadulterated joy

I expected it to be nowhere near as good as everyone said but nope, it's smashing

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
FF14 is fantastic and it's easy to not worry about being in an MMO when the music/setting is that good

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

LawfulWaffle posted:

It's a great MMO that really improved after a very rocky start. The Fall and Rise of Eorzea is a good video series about how bad it was before A Realm Reborn. Seriously, go find a picture of one of the area maps before the reboot and marvel at its endless grid of identical boxes.

When I played, I did so on the PS4 with a controller. Playing a Monk class that way was very fun and more engaging than I would have though given my experience with other MMOs. I mean, it's still repetitive and you're going to be using the same set of skills over and over and over again, but I could easily lose myself in the game for hours doing Leves or quests. I got burnt out in the series of fetch quests that buffer the story between the end of ARR and the first expansion.

Yeah, I'm fortunate to not have played during 1.0. I picked up ARR in the Humle Bundle and bought HW once I hit 50

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Blackfyre posted:

Heres my controversial opinion... I didn't find Rare all that great back in the day. I've always assumed it was something my end that wasn't clicking. Goldeneye and DKC I really enjoyed (PD by extension but I didn't like it as much as Goldeneye for many reasons) but I really wouldn't have been fussed if that was all they ever made.

Perfect Dark was always better than Goldeneye and has held up much better. We run a monthly local multiplayer day down a bar and Goldeneye always gets set up and folks always remark on how badly its aged

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Snackula posted:

I realize it's probably not the reason anyone is dicking around with these games in 2017 but Goldeneye's single player campaign has aged a lot more gracefully than Perfect Dark's proto-Human Revolution fever dream.

I tended to play PD's single player for the awesome soundtrack over the shonky as heck storyline

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

FirstAidKite posted:

What's up everybody? How's everyone doing tonight. Or early morning rather.

Pretty good! My friend and I just wrapped up our schedule for Gameblast this weekend and now I have to try and find enough time to sleep over the next couple of nights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Folks I trust to call Nintendo games poo poo if they are are falling over themselves to say that BotW is excellent.

It's probably a Good Game.

• Locked thread