Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Even the Imp Zone thread is better than that trash fire.

Actually the Imp Zone is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Why does it suck though, since it does not affect the gameplay in any way? That's what has always weirded me out about the argument against purely cosmetic loot crates. You WANT, you don't NEED the cosmetics in there, and no doubt they would never exist otherwise. Having an option to buy them gives those who really, REALLY want some specific set or item to pay for them directly(in cases like dota or overwatch with in-order loot box loot), or often just let you pay for the skin directly.

You can not buy the skins in Overwatch with real money you can only gamble for them which is rotten.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Gambling is actually bad no matter how many people talk about having self control.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CJacobs posted:

I already hate the phrase "PS4 Amateur"

Wait until you see what they call the Xbox once the Scorpio comes out.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sodium Chloride posted:

I just did an online survey for Capcom and what the gently caress, are they really checking their game ideas with random twats on the internet?

And digging up the names of Lost Planet, Ghouls and Ghost and Gun.Smoke reeks of desperation.

I'm sure rebooting Lost Planet a third time will work.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mordja posted:

Capcom goes where the $ is.

Or try to, anyway.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I've been playing a bunch of Dragon Quest 8 on 3ds and it's good but feels kind of shallow after playing stuff like Bravely Default and Dragon Quest 9.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

oddium posted:

i'm looking at wrex and i'm still pretty impressed

The aliens in Mass Effect look cool, the humans are a joke.

Didn't even get a krogan party member in Mass Effect 3.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Fidelity may have improved but I'd still take anyone in OG Mass Effect over Female Richard Spender and Non-Threatening Black Guy in Andromeda.

Is this an official promotional image?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you had told me that was a test render from some upstart indie pushing a weird low-budget game through Steam Greenlight, I would believe you

It's like a step away from having the characters in the default T arm pose.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The new Mass Effect characters looked like they stepped right out of a cutscene in the XCom remake.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I remember back when a position at Gamestop was the gamer dream job before the dream job was making an indie game before the dream job was making a Minecraft clone before the gamer dream job was playing a Minecraft clone on youtube.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

all the game store clerks i knew growing up wished they were debug slaves for like thq or whoever back then

Grass is greener.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's funny that the Mobile Strike mobile phone game has ads making it out to be a bomb the middle east to the ground game and also other ads that make it look like a dating app.

Capitalism is hosed up.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

Bomberman is fun but I would really like to see another game like Bomberman 64 with an adventure campaign. The other N64 ones were just ok in comparison.

Generations was pretty good tho.

I love Bomberman 64 and wish there were more Mario 64 rip off games.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Thief: The Dark Project is basically the perfect stealth game, which is weird considering it came out in 1998.

Doesn't seem weird to me.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

Just seems like someone should have taken notes. When's the last time a stealth game's sound design communicated as much to the player as clearly as Thief?

I feel like most perfect games were made with a ton of experimenting and a lot of luck, it would be hard to replicate even without being chained to bethesda.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

babypolis posted:

what the hell happened with the xbone anyways, was it a massive flop or something? as far as i can tell all the new good games are pc or ps4

They invested in an always-online console and it backfired.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

babypolis posted:

i know they made a bunch of questionable decisions but i never knew if it actually translated into bad sales or if most people didnt actually give a gently caress

Well probably the only reason the 360 was so popular was because the ps3 was lovely, this gen undid that.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'm sorry talking about games you liked was so painful you had to talk about how bad the Xbox One is, fellows. :(

I have no problem with the Xbox One, I just wanted to answer the question quickly before some mentally ill poster dumped out their manifesto.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm sad that there will not be another Deus Ex sequel, but at least I still have Dishonored 2 to play.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Wonder Boy on Sega Master System is the superior version of Adventure Island, in every way. And that's maybe the only case where anyone's ever said the Master System had the better version of a game. Wonder Boy lacks most of the unforgiving bullshit and lovely timing that Adventure Island has, has better music, looks way better, and the protagonist isn't a weird Japanese in-joke.

Personally, I prefer Sonic 1 on the Master System to the real thing, but the real Sonic 2 blows them both away.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wish Microsoft would hurry up and announce the Scorpio's specs.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

What is the appeal of GTA online? I tried it and as far as i can tell the activities consist of constantly getting killed by random people while minding your own business driving around town, playing mediocre deathmatches which are zero fun with the poor controls, and a handful of random missions which you maybe shoots some people and drive around and get killed several times. I enjoyed the single player for the variety the story and the fantastic world but the online part was garbage for me

lol Why exactly would you play GTA Online to drive around and mind your own business?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I feel like Franklin was probably should have died in the main ending in GTAV but I undestand why they apparently backed out of that.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Despite the fact that I think the Wonder Boy remake looks cool, the new music is awful and I'm clad you can stick with classic audio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lost Planet 2 was a cool multiplayer game when you get to fight huge monsters instead of boring soldiers.

• Locked thread