Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In December my father told me he might have cancer. In January my friend was violently murdered. In February my girlfriend's father is most certainly going to lose his battle with cancer. Just today one of my favorite couples that shop where I work told me they lost their baby at 6 months into the pregnancy.

Call your friends, go see your families. Make sure everyone you love knows you love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

You still doing okay? Hang in there :smith:

I'm fine. It's just very sobering to have so many horrible things happen in such a short time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, it's been a long 12 days.

18 but who's counting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

It only needs to be 28 days.

We can bump Leap Year up if need be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

Should probably read a bunch of Milestone comics for Black History Month.

Anything essential besides Static?

Hardware is pretty fantastic. Also read Steel #34-52.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Here's an embarrassing but relevant to the thread question. How's Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther?

I have been told by more than one of my black customers that I probably shouldn't be reading it since "it's not for you."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

I'm a sheltered-rear end white suburban nerd and I love it, though. Because it's really loving good.

Ssshhhhhh, they might be listening.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferrule posted:

The bonus is you get to see Humberto Ramos art before he went all anime/giant foot/goggle eyes.

Eh, not really a bonus.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I go where I want.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KaosMachina posted:

Is Locke and Key the only book that can really go on a list of "If you liked Stranger Things, try this next"? Because I know it probably isn't, yet it's the only one that comes to mind immediately.

It's funny you say that because while watching ST I thought that the makers would work wonders with a L&K series.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I FORGOT

One of my customers got a He-Man symbol tattoo but it looks like an Iron Cross instead and not in the good kind in the "this guy looks like a Nazi now" way.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 6, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It doesn't even look like He-Man's chest emblem. And even Mattel knew it was a bad icon because in the 2002 reboot of the toyline there was an emergency running change from the original cross to a stylized H.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

He could tat the harness and muscles around it to make it clear. Assuming it's his bicep, giving it pecs and abs is would be pretty funny.

It's on his forearm. But I will suggest that!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Squizzle posted:

Get yourself inked from head to toe in explosive, kracklin' dots.

I had planned to get a small kirby krakkle tat at some point but then I got old and the idea lost it's appeal. Instead I will get a Nextwave tattoo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, a Nextwave tattoo is probably the best option here.

Maybe I can get a sound chip implanted under it and when you press it this will play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xuosmf1_mKs

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

This post is an argument in favor of reddit style up votes, if anyone was wondering

Wrong thread but seconded!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I recently got a very tiny tattoo to remember my friend who recently died. Nothing flashy, just a reminder.

Let's talk about some irritating poo poo.

http://comicsalliance.com/image-womens-history-month-planned-parenthood/

Image is doing special PP variants in March. We're already getting calls asking if we will be carrying these from both sides of the issue and it is driving me up the loving wall. We finally settled on them being special order only which also sucks because today was the final order cutoff for the first week's worth so we're gonna have plenty of irritated people over this. But we just don't want to deal with the bullshit on this as one caller said her organization would protest at our store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

It's quite amazing that you live in this little Wonderland where people actually give a gently caress about comics even a little bit. I guarantee you 99% of other shops will never hear anything about that.

Indiana man. The answer is always Indiana.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

If she calls again ask her if she represents 1 000 000 moms and if she says yes laugh at her. Loudly. For a long period of time. Hell, you can do that even if she says no.

The people who caused trouble last time were the "Northeast Indiana Christian Collalition" and they actually do stir poo poo up. They marched at a Manson concert and probably 600 people showed up to picket.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

People still care enough about Manson to picket his shows? Are they forever living in 1997?

People in the midwest do. To be fair this was like 5 years ago. I see these people whenever we go to the movies as they are always protesting something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There are people in this country who honest to god still think that D&D and MTG are satanic rituals.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Would it be possible to only order the variants and just force them on people despite their order? Just say '"Loyalty upgrade! :)"

If I was 100% in control of ordering? gently caress yes it would be possible.

Not that it would make a difference though. Most of those books are low shelf copy sellers for us, we move the bulk of them via preorder. I just don't like people trying to force my hand.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

I've seen Indianapolis. It's a boring and not particularly notable suburb that some idiot dropped a football stadium into.

If the Colts continue to suck Irsay will move them somewhere else and then it will be even more worthless.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

How many people like that actually buy comics otherwise?

Terrible people? You'd be horrified. We have a dude who asks every time he comes in if Captain America is done being an N***** yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Well he should be asking "when will Captain America stop being a N***?".

I get the feeling he rather likes the fact that Steve Rogers is currently a nazi.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Edge & Christian posted:

You should introduce him to that group of black customers who told you that Black Panther "wasn't for you" and maybe they could team up to fight for free speech against the Northern Indiana Christian Coalition and all of the people you have to call the cops on in your store for pooping their pants and unsheathing katanas or whatever.

Why do you even post here anymore?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't a bunch of people cry that the original artist should be forgiven since the oh so important comic wasn't as good as it used to be or some poo poo?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

I have a graphic novel version of the Bible and a card game called Lost Souls because of my Satanic nerdery.

I don't even want to think about how much satanic poo poo I own either intentionally or accidentally.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Lego Lass is my favorite Legion of Superheroes character.

Having the ability to disrupt anyone's ability to walk would be a major advantage for the LOSH.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sentinel Red posted:

No helmet/fauxhawk, no sale. :colbert:

But which one is the evil one?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Chris Evans should punch David Duke.

I'd pay $9.50 to see that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been re-reading Hitman and it dawned on me that Maggie Lorenzo's son would be almost 16. I wonder if Ennis has any follow ups planned.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks to everyone who's been supportive of me over the last month as I've gone through the worst time in my life. It has been noticed and appreciated.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

joehonkie posted:

I was pretty worried the main headliner would be Felicia Day. Maybe I can get Stan lee to sign his comic book biography for like 300 bucks.

Do we live in a world where Felicia Day can headline a convention?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't hate her. But is she really that noteworthy that she could be the main draw at a show?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

She can in the not-too-distant future.

Oh yeah, she is gonna be on that isn't she.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

New avatars scare me.

I had Gal Gardner for like a year!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

Why you shouting at me Rhyno?

You probably did something to deserve it.

Now get back to that stupid eraser relay poo poo they made us run in elementary school.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Synthbuttrange posted:

That was supposed to be girl guy gardner?! :stonk:

It was Warrior Guy with boobs, what else was it supposed to be?

Yes this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

In comics? "Red skin, tattoos, barely dressed" probably describes several dozen characters.

I think it being the avatar of the goon who's had 17 Guy Gardner avatars might have been a clue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KaosMachina posted:

The Guy Gardner ongoing series from back then was firmly in the 'better than it had any right to be' category, honestly.

joehonkie posted:

Taking away Guy's Yellow Ring was the worst thing DC ever did.

The book had a very rough start and honestly didn't get good until the arc when he lost the yellow ring. I will agree, Guy works best with a ring and not silly alien powers.

• Locked thread