Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-O posted:

His post is calling out people for posting a bunch of random rear end panels for no reason.

Did he really need to post black canary in a diaper to make that point tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That gun episode was the first episode of the show I saw while it was airing, and I was like "Hmmm I think I can skip this one". I've since watched more of it, and it's not quite that bad all the way, but boy, I doubt I was the only person who passed on it after that aired.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I knew that issue was kinda good and well-intentioned cuz I read it years ago, but I didn't realize the exploration of social issues was a whole thing for that run of Lois Lane.

There's really no getting away from how ridiculous a race-changing machine is, though, especially with that pun cover. Even a "super-disguise" would've been less silly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

There was a Punisher one in the '90s right? I can't imagine that was any good but who knows. Anyone know the story on that?

I read that, it was boring. He's got a price on his head, he goes under the knife, the guy makes him black to "make sure no one can recognize him", he teams up with depowered Luke Cage, they fight some mobsters, the surgery "wears off"(????) and he's white again. They learn some stuff about racism in the most asinine possible way while they have this boring adventure. It's not wacky or insane or shocking or particularly well-written, and deserves to be remembered for that one page of Punisher looking at his black reflection in the mirror in shock and nothing else.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

I don't believe anyone involved (Baron, McLaurin, editor Don Daley) are still actively involved in comics, but I'd love to see an interview with any of them about this.

I have a distinct memory of seeing SOMEONE who was involved in that talk about it on video. I want to say it was on this forgotten program. They didn't go into it for very long at any rate. It was basically "Yeah that was really stupid."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zachack posted:

But that means you're allowed to have one.
Hu-hyuk!
/

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

A second Rhyno has hit the towers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

EDIT: OH MY GOD I FORGOT

One of my customers got a He-Man symbol tattoo but it looks like an Iron Cross instead and not in the good kind in the "this guy looks like a Nazi now" way.

I would wager that was something your customer deemed an acceptable risk when he got the tattoo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The main reason I don't have any tats is that most people I know who get one inevitably get more and look like deflated Drax by their 50s.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Still going strong with their 17th artist after the previous one died in that blimp accident involving the russian mob's child traffic ring.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That dog just wants Rhyno's pork chop.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There is no way you don't know what Alan Moore looks like, pal.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

She can in the not-too-distant future.

What do you know, Gavok?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Clever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Too vague to get hyped right now. "We're gonna post old public domain comics and mock the poo poo out of them" would have me very excited, "follow the exciting adventures of Joel and the Bots as they do stuff we don't have the budget for on TV" and I'd leave it on the shelf forever.

You left out the worst possible scenario, "thinly veiled advertisements for other comics that the bots comment over".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You forgot Newspaper Spider-man.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

Couldn't you just subscribe to the books you want? I don't see the need for a reminder in that case.

I'm still sore about not being able to subscribe to the physical books I like.

WickedHate posted:

I can't believe President Obama prefers John Walker.

Ayyyy!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Batman deserves to die and is totally lame.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

joehonkie posted:

This is perfectly smart but I can't do it. I like soda.

Same but instead of like it's a crippling addiction.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I hate Lay's potato chips the way Lex Luthor hates Superman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

So you think they're so much better than other potato chips that they limit the potential of others and are jealous of them? Weird.

No I think they're fundamentally malevolent and are ruining humanity.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno turns 50 today, let's wish him a great birthday.! :toot:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

joehonkie posted:

Stop making fun of old people. It hurts.

It looks like it hurts, but that's just involuntary twitching, those nerve endings are long dead from decay. It's like when they make sounds and it sometimes almost resembles speech!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

There's no such thing!

I am going to tie you down and force Unibroue down your gullet until your liver explodes.

Oh that's gotta be on purpose.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 22, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aw man how long has my title been like this?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I just wish people would leave me alone.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

You frequently make extremely antagonistic posts and seem to take great pleasure in doing so. Be the change you want to see in the world.

That doesn't make it ok to pick on me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Even if that was what I did, that's not picking on people. Me saying Far Cry 4 is a huge pile of garbage is different from saying you, the person that enjoys Far Cry 4, is a huge pile of garbage. And when I say Far Cry 4 is a huge pile of garbage, that's not derailing Far Cry 4 talk, that's me giving my opinion that the game is a huge pile of garbage. That's part of the conversation.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

You literally came running here after CineD got sick of your poo poo attacking other posters so that BSS could get together and talk about what a clique those other guys are, which is as ironic as it is illustrative of the fact that you don't get to post like an rear end in a top hat for free.

Yeah, that never happened.

Also I meant Uncharted 4, I don't know why I said Far Cry 4. I don't even know anything about Far Cry 4 other than the box art and it's got elephants.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I mean that's quite possible.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

I don't buy avatars but I might for someone saying Uncharted 4 is bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnlDwEZkidI

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's a really good policy, honestly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

purple death ray posted:

:yeah:

Except also the ten hour long versions of music from water levels in video games that are nice to put on while you sleep

One time I put on a one hour version of one of those and I apparently had switched youtube autoplay on because I was woken up by slowbeef screaming at a kickstarter.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

If you said Uncharted 4 was bad you deserved whatever you got for it.

Your secret's out.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bullying is super cool.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endorph posted:

she posted about pedophilia and incest being super cool, i dont think wanting her banned is bullying

That's not what she said and you know it. If Lowtax wants to ban her that's his deal, but forming a coalition to get her banned and doing the usual baby drama of trying to act like there's FORUM DOUBLE STANDARDS when she's not banned immediately is some pathetic, mean spirited poo poo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endorph posted:

if you think wickedhate was some pure angel who the forums are worse off without, go autoban yourself in protest or something. personally, im glad the person who thinks nazi bookburnings were good and justified is banned.

No, I think she was a mentally ill person doing their best to not let their mental illness define them. SA was probably not a great environment for that and it might be a good thing that she was banned, but being lovely to her or trying to paint her as some kinda pedophile nazi is just being an rear end in a top hat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FutureFriend posted:

lurdiak she legit kept propagating fascism like every space off and on this site, there's mental illness and then there's being a fascist

Ok well that does sound lovely.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endorph posted:

frankly it's kind of disgusting that you dont' give the mentally ill the dignity of responsibility for their own actions

gently caress off with this concern trolling poo poo. Just because I can have empathy for people doesn't mean I am "robbing them of dignity".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Frankenstein book was ok but it pales in comparison to Tomb of Dracula.

• Locked thread