Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
This is my first year at Gencon. Had a 2:30 time for the lottery and the best thing I could get was a hotel out at the airport. From what I have read, that is still pretty convenient and I should be able to Uber in and out pretty easily. Can't wait for the event list!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

Exmond posted:

Anyone else getting into the L5R inaugural tournament?

Yes, I lucked out and got a ticket. Also got into the Star Wars Destiny championships so I'm pretty pleased. Other than that, doing Two Rooms and a Boom, Wits & Wagers Gameshow and the BGG Hot Games Room.

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

Exmond posted:

Haha! Want to teach me how to play? You in the groupme chat? It seems pretty interesting but im kind of nervous around tournaments (And Salty Mike may reveal himself in a tournament).

Hah, well it's not out yet so I'm afraid I won't be much help. You can read the articles on the FFG website to get a general sense of a lot of the rules though. I'm hoping it will be a pretty casual tournament since it will be everyone's first time playing, unless cards are scanned to TTS before hand. Not in the groupme chat - I should probably sign up for that.

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

Deviant posted:

If you like Two Rooms, I'd probably sell you my kickstarter edition. It didn't grab us.

Thanks for the offer. To be honest I'm not a huge fan of the game myself, but my group wanted to do it and it doesn't take too long.

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

Texibus posted:

Do you have an extra...

I have an extra but it's near the airport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
How is the paid game library? If you have a couple solo hours to kill is there a better option for finding pickup games with strangers?

• Locked thread