Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Sigma-X posted:

The St Elmo's cocktail sauce that they serve next door at Harry and Izzy's where it is way more casual is the fuckin' bomb and this year goddammit I'm gonna just buy a bottle to take home for a special occassion

INTERNET!

http://store.stelmos.com/Cocktail-Sauce-p/stelmo-cocktailsauce.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Visibility is key in the current location, other places are kinda outta the way and you might get less "hey wtf is this?" foot traffic.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Worst smell was easily a man in a hoveround that had literally shat himself (I am a nurse, I can tell a fart and a shite). He made no move to go to the bathroom, but instead was continuing to browse old musty GURPS books...

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Good luck, I'm sure FFG will have 50 a day as per norm for new hotness.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Do you like burgers? Like real mother fuckin' burgers? Sometimes with spicy things?
Do you like Metal Music so loud you can't hear your friends at times?
Do you like 20+ rotating drafts?
Do you like servers who don't treat you like a loving sunshine cupcake and are just knowledgeable and attentive?

Kuma's Corner in Fountain Square (2 miles away) wants to be your friend.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/kumas-corner-indianapolis

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Deathlove posted:

*extremely Chicago narrowing-of-eyes*

I guess people can Uber to the "real" Kuma's Corner if they want...

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Mr Quarex, tell me about pre-registering games for auction or that side market.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Totally answered my question, thanks!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I would be a VIG if I could swing it. I can't so I don't care.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Deviant posted:

"Are you going to be teaching the entire game, like, in character like that?"
"Yes, crewman! Now on your very safe journey where nothing bad will happen you'll need to know what happens if something bad happens..."

And then he got up and walked away.

You are a hero

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Klungar posted:

It's a fairly lovely (IMO) shuffleboard combat game tacked onto an escape room.

My honest opinion is the same.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

A bigger auction room would be tops.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Yeah, the auction really needs a bigger space at this point, particularly for the store.

Imagine. Being able to walk down aisles, not have stuff piled on top of one another, breathing room, ahhhhh, serenity.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I thought Gencon library was going to be at Lucas Oil Stadium this year, therefore size infinite?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Backno posted:

Sadly it doesn't look like they have any Zombie Dust at this time.

It's not the rarest Pokemon on tap anymore at least.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Recap:

2012 Ale of Destiny - Belgian dark ale
2013 Flagon Slayer - Braggot (mead+beer)
2014 Froth of Khan - Brown ale (coffee)
2015 Drink on and Prosper - American blonde ale
2016 20-Sided Rye - Rye (Roggenbier)
2017 Dragon's Delight - Belgian golden ale

Can we go back to some more interesting varietels? I understand quaff-ability is pretty important in August heat, maybe a shandy next year? We could even name it Grapefruit Jungle Meeple or whatever.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Only three more days of work, uggggh

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The Rathskeller is a fine establishment, worth the Uber or long walk, then you are only short distance away from Mass Ave, one of the best streets in Indy proper.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Rathskeller's kitchen has either gone downhill (likely) or Indy's food scene has just outshined it so much these days (also likely).

But the atmosphere and history makes it a worthwhile haunt. Drink beer, eat spicy pretzels, listen to live polka music.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Sloober posted:

I'm gonna need more convincing, i can do this real easily in WI

http://www.rathskeller.com/
http://www.athenaeumfoundation.org/the-rathskeller/
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-rathskeller-indianapolis?osq=german

:effort:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

What if I told you Haveli isn't even the best Indian restaurant in town? :aaaaa: The real ethnic places exist in the west suburbs. There is a restaurant that is so Indian people throw shitt paper in a wastebin, not flush it. I kid you not.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 20, 2017

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

One of my favorite parts of the Gencon dealer hall is talking to the people that run the hobby. Execs, designers, artists, new media personalities, etc.

Also in regards to stuff to do after dealer hall closes, you can wander around the open table halls and companies will have non-ticketed demos and full games, also companies rent full rooms that do games like Rio, Asmadi, Iello, BGG hot boardgame room. Or you can go to the play test zone and help a game get better before release.

Or just play with goons (says the guy who is bad at it)

Never a reason to be bored at Gencon.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Skypie posted:

Out of curiosity, did anyone happen to test out Orcs Must Die!? I saw it like half an hour before the hall closed on Friday and the guys were busy with demos, but I never made it back on Saturday. I'm a sucker for the video game and was wondering how it'd actually play out.

I recall in the groupme that it should have been called Orcs Must Dice!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Wait, we can reserve early rooms as government employees. Whaaaaat?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

"In August"

Triggered

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I was more impressed with DragonFire than I thought I would be. Was much better than Pathfinder ACG (as if that were hard)

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bob Ross game was an acceptable filler. Not gonna light the world on fire. It's a sort of push your luck set collection, racing game. We played 4 players, and it isn't optimized for different player counts. I would say it would be best at 3, maybe even 2.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

head58 posted:

Just an FYI that hotel reservations for GenCon's try-hard step-sister, Origins, opened today.

Origins is a good show to actually play games at. Gencon is a goddamn spectacle.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

110 for three full awesome days that I look forward to all year is pretty good in my eyes.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My wife just informed me she will not be going. This means I can revert to games all night depravity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Vassel is the thought police

• Locked thread