Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'd like to add "2-0-1 against the Pens" to the list of things I didn't think I would say in the 2016-2017 NHL season if I may.

Also, what the cost the Jackets the go-ahead goal during regulation? Did I hear right there was a penalty coming and a Pen touched it which stopped play and washed out the goal?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

No matter how good they are, the CBJ still have trouble with the Preds.

e- https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/833501062388670467

Yeah, they probably should've. I mean, they did one for Fedor Tyu-

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/833501301673693184

:lol:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 20, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Remember when Jonathan Drouin was a pariah, in the AHL, and thought to be on the trade block? Then Stamkos got hurt or whatever and he rose from the ashes?

It's like the plot of a corny '80s movie wherein Drouin is the plucky underdog. Like Iron Eagle or something. But good for he and the Bolts because they're a fun second favorite team.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

what does this bizarre abstract art say about your hockey team?

https://twitter.com/MattPfefferHky/status/833833394521903105

The CBJ are some sort of abstract clown drawn without eyes as some sort of motif with a message.

The Flyers are an abstract depiction of a the Star Wars sequence between the Star Destroyer and the Rebel ship.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Who are the three teams to win coming off the bye and who did they beat? It was mentioned the other night during the Nashville game those teams are 3-10-1 coming off the break so far.

e- I guess it's 3-12-4 and 0-8-3 in February.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 21, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

so with the news that the Lakers are about to get ruined by Magic Johnson for the indeterminate future, I was thinking about former franchise greats who came back to drive their franchise down down down. the obvious one is Linden in Vancouver, I'd say Neely in Boston is on his way, and that's about it for current ones. who else has done this?

Can Sakic be blamed for the tire fire in Colorado?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

bub spank posted:

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nhl/james-wisniewskis-russia-switzerland-ahl-saga-offers-lesson-in-the-harsh-realities-of-the-nhl

Kinda surprising he hasn't had any offers in the NHL, given how many teams are hurting for right-shot D. You'd think he'd be an upgrade for a lot of teams on their bottom pairing. I'm guessing he'd come pretty cheap, too, given his KHL time.

I was on a flight from Columbus to Atlanta with Wiz right around the time he picked up the KHL deal. Didn't get to talk to him in the terminal, but he was recognizable.

If the Jackets had picked him up on a league-minimum deal, I'd have been OK with it. He wouldn't have been any worse than Dalton Prout.

T-Bone posted:

Ron Hainsey is a puck mover though, an old slow puck mover, but a puck mover nevertheless.

I keep forgetting he's still in the league. I'll watch CBJ/Canes games and go "poo poo, how has he lasted this long?". If Jarmo wanted to pick him up for depth, he couldn't be any worse than Dalton Prout (getting to be a theme here). e- Didn't read the trade thread.

He last played for the CBJ back in the dark ages in 2008. He took a big ticket deal to go to Atlanta.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 23, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

The Islanders are currently in a playoff position.

Imagine what a whole season without Capuano could have done for the Metro standings.

A pretty drat good team would be essentially the 8 seed, and the "7 seed" could theoretically have more points than the Atlantic winner. Insane.

e- Hell, the 7 seed has more points than the 2 now.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 23, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

xzzy posted:

There is no reason to pay attention to fox sports here in Chicago because all the games are on NBC or Comcast affiliated channels.

Jay and Dan don't even seem to get the youtube clips linked in the thread like they did when they were in Canada.

Did fox just do a lovely job marketing them?

A lot of it to me felt like "Let's take these two hugely popular Canadian guys nobody outside of hockey fans in the US knows about and hope they become popular in the US!".

FS1 should probably still be Speed, to be honest. Does anyone watch "The One" unless you're specifically looking for a sporting even shown there?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Given their recent play, I wasn't expecting the Jackets to buck the "first game after the bye" trend.

Instead, they hang a touchdown on the Isles, getting Korpisalo his first career shutout. The only bad thing was Torts putting out neither Foligno nor Anderson for a chance at a hat trick at the end.

That was a fun game to randomly decide to go to with a red-headed, potential new lady friend. Today was a good day.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 26, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mikael Granlund just clowned Jeff Carter, Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty, and Jonathan Quick.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DJExile posted:

lmao Ryan White owns

That is some Raffi Torres cold-blooded poo poo, wherein the response from fans would be "well if you'd give us something to cheer about..."

fits posted:

jackets signed one marc-andre bergeron for some reason

Basic guess: depth. 9pts in 13gp in Cleveland, "Can't be worse than Prout".

Perhaps more far-fetched guess: depth because somebody is getting moved on the blue line and he's filler.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jackets and Habs play a tremendous fuckin' hockey game which ends with this:

https://twitter.com/1stOhioBattery/status/836780686325473280

...after a questionable holding penalty to Seth Jones in OT resulting in the GWG.

e- https://twitter.com/1stOhioBattery/status/836782001931825152

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 1, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I love that, having watched a lifetime of NASCAR, I am not at all surprised nor phased, and slightly entertained, by someone walking toward someone they want to kill after an event finishes. I said "Yeah, get 'em Torts" out loud.

I'm only gonna be pissed about maybe not getting that point if it messes with the seeding after 82.

Kale posted:

Best Tortispissed.gif in a while.

I love Scott Hartnell and Boone Jenner being the voices of reason going "Come on, do--just, don't. Not worth it, bro."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Torts took the high road in his post-game interview when asked about the penalty. "It was a hard-fought point." and "Don't try to work me into what went on. We played a hard-fought game and...don't try to bait me into anything else."

At the very least, I'm glad to be 2-0-1 coming out of the bye with Minnesota to come.

Former Blues/Current CBJ Assistant Coach Brad Shaw's wife isn't, though:

https://twitter.com/mareshaw3/status/836783264849358848

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 1, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Yeah, that sort of officer corruption deserves to be posted here, too. I put it in the GDT.

Lobsterboy posted:

We cant complain TOO much, considering we got 5/6 pts from Montreal this season...

I'm more than happy with wins over the Rags, New Islanders, and an OTL over Montreal which very well could've been a regulation loss coming off the bye.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

How did the CBJ end the night tied for second in the Metro? Pittsburgh played Dal...oh....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

N: Dalton Prout traded to New Jersey for Kyle Quincey.

V: I know the deadline thread is (points) that way, but :lol: Devils, you traded for Dalton Prout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

You aren't very familiar with Quincey are you.

I am. But he can't be an occasional cheap shot artist who fancies passing the puck to the other colored jersey on the ice.

• Locked thread