Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

lmao Blues

every decision made with Hitch was comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Duke Chin posted:

Whooooooooooooooooopsies.
Funny story: The city council and mayor's offices have gone full turbo retard in the last two weeks-two months and AEG is smelling blood :homebrew: in the water and, yes, yet again - they're doing another, another, ANOTHER loving study to see how to get Key Arena renovated despite Chris Hansen/Nordstroms/Russell Wilson saying they will no-joke 100% privately finance the SODO arena.

We're gonna gently caress it up. The city admin is trying so hard to gently caress it up. There's so much back room palm greasing and sneaky bullshit going on between The Mariners, The Port of Seattle, The Seattle Times and City Council & Mayor & AEG it's loving bullshit.

Most of the opposition is classic "more money for me, gently caress you" but why is The Port so against it? How does the port benefit without an arena?

Schlesische posted:

I still think the NHL would rather play in a refurbished Key Arena than have a team in Quebec.

The guy who built Key Arena back in the day hated hockey and specifically made sure Key Arena could not be modified to be an ice arena. Key Arena is a non-starter

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I'm not sure how "didn't add muscle" = "poor work ethic"

Didn't DiPi get told to do some thing and all that working out caused his injuries

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

bewbies posted:

I have absolutely no idea about Gotitsbear's daily routine or work ethic or anything else, but it certainly isn't unheard of for pro athletes to suddenly and dramatically fall off performance-wise due to a lack of work ethic after having achieved something big (usually the big contract, but could be making it to the big leagues too). There could be any number of things that are causing the sophomore slump; not working hard could certainly be one of them. Point being, it isn't at all unreasonable for a coach or manager to get on a guy for not meeting the expectations the team or organization has with regard to work ethic. It might be misguided in some cases, but in other cases it is totally warranted (note: I do not have any idea where Gotitsbear falls on this spectrum).

I do agree though that pro sports teams in general are exceedingly impatient and a variety of bad things comes from this behavior.

Go tits bear

that's some person's fetish somewhere

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

these refs suck

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

as if players don't take the Stanley Cup with them to bed too

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Jamwad Hilder posted:

ahahaha apparently Geoff Molson personally asked Jeremy Jacobs if he could approach Claude and Sweeney/Neely weren't involved in allowing negotiations at all

why did the Habs need permission

Claude was fired

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Antoine Vermette probably gonna be out a while

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

What are the odds Vermette had hot brain right then and there?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Considering Nyquist only got a double minor in-game, 6 games is p good

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Things I like

Nyquist: "I was trying to cross-check the guy, honest"

The Ref was looking straight at this incident and thought a double minor was fine

"no injury"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

a false posted:

ive already posted this elsewhere but i am posting it here also because it is hockey related: last night i went to rangers - islanders game with my dad and cousin and uncle and the game was good but by far the best part of the experience was when this drunk loud 30 year old behind us who kept trying to start "JT (john tavares, captain of the new york islanders) SWALLOWS" chants which no one was interested in following along with got mercilessly owned by a 12 year old islanders fan further down his row who shouted "LOOKS LIKE YOU SWALLOW A LOT OF PORK CHOPS BIG BOY *slaps stomach*" and the guy tried to come up with a good comeback and couldnt and the kid went "WHATS THE MATTER, DID YOU JUST GET OUTSMARTED BY A 12 YEAR OLD" and the guy got extremely red and mad and started cursing out the kid and the guys girlfriend told him "you're arguing with a loving child, grow up" and he protested that the kid started it and she told him she didnt want to talk to him until he stops being a loving baby and i was extremely happy to watch this mans total emasculation at the hands of a preteen

Buy this kid an account

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's most certainly the best euro ever. I think you need to include Bobby Orr, though.

Best Euro ever? Jagr isn't even the best Czech ever.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Hasek #1 GOAT

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Honest question -- is there a more unbreakable individual record in modern major sports than Gretzky's scoring lead?

Glenn Hall 500+ straight games

without a mask

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Shawn Cotureier posted:

ANDREW MACDONALD IS A HEALTHY SCRATCH TONIGHT :tastykake:

god bless

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Shawn Cotureier posted:

https://twitter.com/jedli/status/834910500068683777

Hopefully Gudas didn't deflect THIS one in too, eh

this is a fake tweet, right?

Neuvirth knocked up Gudas' sister?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Hypnobeard posted:

Apparently it's true.

She's some kind of pop star in the Czech Republic, and is a lovely lady going by the picture in the article. Neuvirth looks.. weedy.

Well then

Explains Gudas' actions the last couple days

• Locked thread