Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Never thought I would see a cop in NYC do any admirable thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

This loving guy. Didn't he purpose some multi billion dollar fantasy of making the subway system something out of a Sci-fi novel?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Any one else seeing like ads promoting the IDC talking about how they support New York? It's loving laughable

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

stay off of Kings County Politics, they're not even pretending to hide the fact that they're pro-IDC anymore

I'm noir even seeing it there, I suspect some people I know on Facebook must have liked their page so I keep getting ads for them

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

makes sense, the IDC has been on a PR blitz ever since Hamilton and Alcantara committed to them. i just mentioned that website because they have ads for them and blatantly say they're pro-IDC in the "About" section

That's loving terrible. Assholes

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

it's less "help national Democrats" and more "help NY congressional Democrats" but here's a writeup

btw everyone here should subscribe to the City & State First Read news roundup, it's where i get a lot of info

So he's actively sabotaging the chances for the democrats to take back the state house so he can pass good right wing fiscal agenda?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Exactly and for "some reason" he pushes a very Right Wing Agenda.

I hate myself just a bit every time I see him make the news for being so scared of the Republican in the last election that, I voted for him

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

MizPiz posted:

This is why the left needs to just embrace death

Oh I have

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I did rally hate how all that coverage just ebbed at that add didn't go in't the fact that the free college is likely to benefit kids who could afford it more than those who couldn't also that Grad School wasn't covered is bullshit

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Jesus he is the most dog poo poo mother fucker in the world.

And to foo back to wats going to happen to Penn Station, gently caress him, telling people to drive in to an already over crowded as gently caress city.

Also it's been 4 to 5 years since Sandy already how are the escalators that go down into the Whitehall station still under repair?

And aren't they finally shutting down the L this summer to do repairs allegedly?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I would like to know just that. Like I can get things take a long time but this is ridiculous. I remember 8 years ago when thru finally fixed up the WTC stop on the 1 and than within 2 years it was back to being a construction zone. Someone with independent authority needs to audit their books because I'm convinced the fuckers are still keeping two sets of them

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I have no idea, but it seems to be the only repair they hurried on ever. Makes we wonder what corners they cut

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

not surprising tbh. i don't know what i hate about cuomo more: his ego or his thin skin

i'm confused as to why his approval ratings are in the 50s. in new jersey, christie's approval soured when it was obvious he stopped caring about the day-to-day affairs of his state. cuomo hasn't been seen much in albany since the budget deal for the same reason christie stopped caring. NJ's call is starting to sound pretty appealing, even their wall street crony democratic nominee has a pretty good idea for a state bank to fund infrastructure

I wonder how much of Cuomo's popularity is due to his hating DeBlasio which some people habe a pathological hate for. I injure a guy who moved to Japan as he's still hoping DeBlasio gets voted out of office

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

i can't imagine people outside of westchester and long island really feel one way or another about de blasio. i don't much care for him myself because he's a doofus and has completely abandoned his progressive economic vision for a couple of years now, but for some reason cuomo is obsessed with making sure he gets nothing and likes it

I know people thary moved to Jersey years ago and they still hate DeBlasio for being a "progressive Democrat." Sadly how that seems to work someone with a progressive vision gets elected and drops it instantly. I wonder how much of that turn of events with DeBlasio was caused by the NYPD practically threatening to coup him out of office for date suggesting thary maybe the cops could be less racist.

As for Cuomo, I think him having the thinnest skin and a touch of that Clintonite vindictiveness means that he'll never do anything to not oppose DeBlasio just out of pure spite

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I'm not sure if DeBlasio won that round against the cops. But than again I'm stuck here on Staten Island practically surrounded on all sides by people who hate DeBlasio and love cops so it could be a skewed view. This place is terrible

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

http://nydn.us/2sRaEA2

Well this is just disgusting

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

logikv9 posted:

Staten island is pretty bad

It's really loving bad

Hey in othet news look at the balls on what the mother fucker has too day

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20170623/midtown/mta-andrew-cuomo-funding-subway-delays

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

MizPiz posted:

Further proof New York deserves to lose it's progressive identity

https://twitter.com/iskandrah/status/879131447906508801

Jesus loving Christ that's disgusting

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

i've read speculation about how her mayoral campaign is just a test run for her ultimate goal of staten island borough president. wouldn't surprise me tbh, she has absolutely nothing to lose

If she's a Republican she'll win it. Staten Island politics is beyond deplorable. I remember in November when voting in local things the democratic and Republican candidates were the same person.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

she's a republican so yeah. part of her district is bay ridge, which makes it the only non-staten island part of NYC represented by a Republican in both the Assembly and State Senate. idk which part she's from though

the democrat in the current SI borough president race, Tom Shcherbenko, looks pretty good and you should vote for him

I'll have to do that, though I don't have much hope for him actually winning

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

God loving drat it, why are these people pathologically attracted to losing

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

etalian posted:

Imagine a Cuomo-McCaskill ticket

Or Cuomo-Booker ticket

Well that makes me want to go kill myself

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ran into a group of people defending Cuomo over the MTA State of Emergency. Bonus points for the one guy who said DeBlasio should be here dealing with it instead of in Germany. God New York liberals are the loving worst

KomradeX has issued a correction as of 18:57 on Jul 10, 2017

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I think the best part was saying this isn't all Cuomo's fault. Which could be true, but ignores ffat he's been governor for 6 years already and it's not like these issues just suddenly arrived, he's been governor long enough that him and the MTA should have cone up with a better long term plan, especially since Sandy, was what 4-5 years ago already?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So in yet another instance of the NYPD are the biggest man children in the world, a bunch of them turned their backs on DeBlasio again at the funeral for that cop that got shot, claiming he wasn't supporting them enough.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So Cuomo takes a billion dollars earmarked for signal infrastructure upgrades and wastes it on other poo poo

https://www.villagevoice.com/2017/07/07/guess-which-ny-governor-just-took-1-billion-meant-for-mta-subway-signals-and-spent-it-elsewhere/

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

the MTA has been a slush fund for governors over the decades, cuomo is no different except now we're seeing the consequences of that policy hitting us like a ton of bricks. luckily, as i just posted, that's one of the reasons why his approval numbers are taking a downward trend

Thankfully, I don't get how anyone could actually like the bastard when it comes down too it

In other news Sheldon Silver did nothing wrong

http://nydn.us/2umtwrt

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

The Dead Kennedy's gave us the solution to our housing troubles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCiYmCVikjo

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Hulk Krogan posted:

Didn't Cuomo back a similar bill at the state level a while back?

He did and it was practically aimed directly at Palestinian campus activist groups

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So did anyone hear about this

http://nydn.us/2uMAGVy

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Matt Zerella posted:

of course her name is Becky. :lol:

It's almost too perfect

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

MizPiz posted:

I stopped by the protest yesterday for like 15 minutes, it was pretty heated and they roped in other gentrification issues that are affecting the community. I actually think I can hear them from my apartment.

It makes sense, a tasteless restaurant would generate a level of anger in a community. But bundle it with being almost a poster child for gentrification now it's become the lightning rod

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I love that penile keep trying to pin MTA underfunding on DeBlasio

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So The Atlantic has a really tone deaf article about how multiple million dollar condos and luxury apartments are actually good for poor people

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2017/08/how-luxury-housing-becomes-affordable/535563/?utm_source=atlfb

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

MizPiz posted:

The exact moment I read "luxury apartments are actually good for poor people" I knew the article was going to be "You can get affordable housing when we're sick of living in the new complexes."

Every comment on this article support of it makes me loving sick. I had someone say they're tired of seeing gentrification being posed as a social evil

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I love that than the solution is to continue to let our mass transit infrastructure crumble because it's not like it's one of the most important things to the city that makes it habitable

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Why would you have naming rights for a station? The name should be the drat location.

Badger of Basra posted:

also who was the last mayor that the nyc press hated as much as deblasio? dinkins?

Sounds about right and provably both for the same reason cause I've never heard Right Wingers in NYC complain about him that didn't start off with the fact his wife is black and bi-sexual

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah but Philadelphia sucks why should we follow their example

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

deblasio says turnstyle jumpers always have money on them so they ought to be punished

Goddamn the police really did threaten a coup of her didn't start backing their every idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

poo poo, I had no idea that was going on.

I thought it was one of the hate rallys that got cancelled