Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Crazy Achmed posted:

Well, I guess the alternative to janitoring is watching while the e-garbage accumulates into a giant pile and then catches fire

what im saying is that all phones suck, salt the earth

so abused that he can't even fathom a phone os that works well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Celexi posted:

anroid is bad but you must be doing something wrong if your windows pc needs janitoring

this is correct

windows pcs dont need janitoring they need disposal

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

syscall girl posted:

m$ has really gone to poo poo

lol @ anyone who paid for win10

??????? windows is free software, just like android

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
gnu/windows is free software

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Celexi posted:

gnu/windows is free software

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
pretend i posted that "it's free software" GIF

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Doc Block posted:

*gnu/GIF

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Doc Block posted:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Seems like makers of flagship Android devices can't get it right these days. We recently reported on an ever-expanding class-action lawsuit targeting LG's flagships: the G4, G5, V10, V20, and Nexus 5X. Those phones, according to the suit and thousands of online complaints by users, have a legendary bootloop issue caused by shoddy construction that bricks the phones or slows them to a crawl.

Now the Nexus 6P phablet, unveiled in September 2015 for pre-order, is also being accused in a class-action lawsuit of having a "Bootloop Defect." According to the suit, the Nexus 6P devices "are defective because they are prone to enter an endless bootloop cycle which renders them unresponsive and unusable." What's more, the suit also alleges a "Battery Drain Defect," which has also been the subject of repeated online criticism by unhappy Nexus 6P consumers.

"As the numerous complaints posted on product reviews, blogs and other consumer resources reveal, countless consumers have experienced this Defect," according to the suit. The lawsuit mocks one of the advertisements about the device that claimed: "Battery life keeps you going all day and into the night."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Celexi posted:

There was some picture I saw of 3 galaxies, none of them had the same color it was great.

?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

yes that one lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

infernal machines posted:

you keep using that word cool, i do not think it means what you think it means

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

considering every samsung eventually switches to kooky chocko for fonts, i assume screen color changing will eventually turn to whatever the color version of that is. hot dog stand, i guess

this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Windows 10 and Android are ownage and have never had a single bug or error. If you're having problems on either of those OS it means you're holding it wrong. Meanwhile my murdered-out Mac Mini had a router plugged into it from some sort of test thing from tech at work and it somehow thought it turned into a time capsule or something (from the CONSOLE LOG) and lagged out bigly trying to open some sorta backup sesh with it and hosed up my show. Bravo to OSX the biggest piece of poo poo OS on earth,

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

maybe you were mac mining wrong

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Smythe posted:

Windows 10 and Android are ownage and have never had a single bug or error. If you're having problems on either of those OS it means you're holding it wrong. Meanwhile my murdered-out Mac Mini had a router plugged into it from some sort of test thing from tech at work and it somehow thought it turned into a time capsule or something (from the CONSOLE LOG) and lagged out bigly trying to open some sorta backup sesh with it and hosed up my show. Bravo to OSX the biggest piece of poo poo OS on earth,

you're going to have to make these more believable, I can't finish to this

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

The Management posted:

you're going to have to make these more believable, I can't finish to this

does your wife know your airing your relationship issues in the pos?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

A Pinball Wizard posted:

does your wife know your airing your relationship issues in the pos?

lol

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

The Management posted:

I had a sony flip phone once, it was p cool. But I have an ageing android and I've seen what happened to an iphone of similar vintage over the same time period. Unless something has changed recently i consider the state of any phone's os to be a train wreck in three-year slow motion

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Crazy Achmed posted:

I had a sony flip phone once, it was p cool. But I have an ageing android and I've seen what happened to an iphone of similar vintage over the same time period. Unless something has changed recently i consider the state of any phone's os to be a train wreck in three-year slow motion

the iphone 5 is over 4 years old and works great with the latest ios

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
"it works great! it works great!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Smythe posted:

what?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

may 31 :peanut:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

no. it clearly says sat, feb 25

pram
Jun 10, 2001

it looks completely hosed up, like all the parts are crooked. lol

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

pram posted:

it looks completely hosed up, like all the parts are crooked. lol

enough about your teeth

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

jesus christ, blackberry is still trying to make themselves relevant in tyool2017 and this is what they came up with?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

and yet it still looks better than the galaxy s8/iphone 8

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

for a clown to wear.
to the circus.
idiot.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

in this mornings android news, s8 is moving home button around to prevent burnin, and google will not be supporting anroid on pixel phones past 2018, and security updates past 2019

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

google will not be supporting anroid on pixel phones past 2018, and security updates past 2019

you mean like they said when it launched huh

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LastInLine posted:

probably, i didn't bother to check every detail of something i was unlikely to buy

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Benny the Snake posted:

How do I know if my Samsung phone has been hacked? It's an S7 on Android version 7.0. This morning I noticed that a random app was open that I don't usually have open and now I'm realizing a patern of random apps being open in the background. Is my device compromised?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

no way

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

LastInLine posted:

which is the dumbest loving thing, just BTW

google: "this is our flagship device, so we will support it for a whopping 18 months!"

apple: *still supports the iPhone 5, released in 2012*

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Doc Block posted:

which is the dumbest loving thing, just BTW

google: "this is our flagship device, so we will support it for a whopping 18 months!"

apple: *still supports the iPhone 5, released in 2012*

no, it makes perfect sense. the only idiots spending $1000 on an android phone are the idiots that buy a new phone every 9 months anyway, when the latest "flagship" launches. why bother to support a phone for longer than any of your primary market will own it?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

in this mornings android news, s8 is moving home button around to prevent burnin, and google will not be supporting anroid on pixel phones past 2018, and security updates past 2019

my friend literally ordered a pixel last night lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

akadajet posted:

my friend

sure