Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

duTrieux. posted:

what is wrong with people

they make entirely too much money for no appreciable effort and therefore look to solve their problems with money rather than with effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

blowfish posted:

which part is the problem here

your general lack of understanding

but to elaborate, the issue in question could be solved with trivial effort but they decide to spend money instead because they are overcompensated as a computer toucher

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

and yet it still looks better than the galaxy s8/iphone 8

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ah, the good ol' days when lovely engineers blamed lead-free solder for the 360 constantly failing when it was actually the hardware design at fault

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

infernal machines posted:

um, you can? on ios the only apps that can't be removed are the dialer, app store, messages, safari, and wallet

you can delete them except the ones you can't

(also you're not actually deleting them anyway, just removing the icon)

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Last Chance posted:

who loving cares

not tim or johnny ives, that's for sure

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Management posted:

are you ready for a samsung galaxy note event motherfuckers?

because you're getting one! today!!

how big will the screen be?
what stupid gimmick will they add only to abandon next year??
bixby???

get hype!!!

can't wait to see tim reimplement the same stupid gimmicks later when he gets panicked after seeing ads showing off said gimmicks

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
a human phonipede

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Smythe posted:

Google is generous with cords and dongles. With my 6P I got 2 good rear end usb c cables (c to c with the super charger wall wart) and an a to c. Then with my Fi kit I got a cool very short a to c cable. Bravo to Google! 🎉

smythe, just a yospos meta update: the hot trend in trolling these days is defending apple products, ala cremnob

i look forward to the innovation you can bring to this new and exciting subject matter

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol at carrying a phablet for any reason, let alone for cheap camera tricks

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
some ui slowdown is expected when you transmit every touch back to google for data gathering and analysis purposes

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Linguica posted:

wait so what is the point of making new versions of an OS if no one uses it

it's the exact opposite of apple

android makes an os that everyone should have but nobody can get

apple makes an os that nobody should have but everybody can get

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ugh i don't to imagine being an app developer in any context

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's just so easy

just set up a personal server in your house and maintain it while creating custom scripts for every cbs sitcom you want to see

i wonder how sheldon will say bazinga this week

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lightbulb Out posted:

the point is that they're already janitoring poo poo so why not do it in an easy and effective way

gently caress i quoted stymie

bazinga

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
still have more hard evidence of sales than for the iwatch

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

poty posted:

how do these people sleep at night

they've already managed to rationalize working in an industry that is destroying society and directly harming workers, i imagine a little fibbing about product specs isn't insomnia-inducing

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tim got so mad he did nothing about it and continued to allow leaks to happen

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

which one's supposed to be the worse example?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
mods please change thread title to "android: ios but for contrarians"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the 4s running iOS 5 is the best phone ever made

agreed

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it seems like fixing the hot water tank would have been the smarter choice but you do you

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Is there a gaming phone yet?

other than the ngage?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
there was also the sony xperia, but i think that would be the last phone that could qualify as a gaming device

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah, i feel it bears emphasizing that as bad as android is, ios post-ios 5 is equally terrible

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
honestly, these days you're probably better off buying the most tricked out flip phone you can find, android phones (whether made by apple or anyone else) aren't worth either the price or the hassle

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i think it's time to merge this thread with the apple thread since they are indistinguishable, both in function and in their defense by obsessive supporters

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

can't wait to see apple's take on this tremendously dumb idea

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

honest to god if apple introduced a second software notch every flagship phone would have one by the end of the year

the new ipad maxi will have two notches to solve the issue of doing faceid in landsacpe

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Endless Mike posted:

it's quite a bit smaller, though the screen is about the same height, just a lot narrower.

merciful god that abomination on the right, what were they thinking?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
android does not work very well, either on apple devices or other devices

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'm starting to come around on the removal of headphone jacks from devices because nobody needs to be constantly listening to music

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

My Linux Rig posted:

what exactly is wrong with people listening to music while they walk

it's not a good idea to be distracted when you're outside for a whole variety of reasons, plus it's super rude since i guarantee the type to listen to music while walking also does it in line at a coffee shop or whatever

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boiled Water posted:

did they take a ps3 and cut it in half, scoop out the insides and replace them with something worse?

unlikely, the only thing that would be worse than a ps3 is a ps4

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
just giving apple more time to roll out the iphone fold and beat them to the market

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
my favorite apple maps story is the first and last time it was used in my presence the directions to our destination suggested that we park on an off ramp and jump a concrete barrier to get to our destination

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hegel Exercises posted:

i appreciate that you post this exact story in every comment section of an article mentioning Apple

only apple maps, really

it’s still crazy to me that apple maps would basically resort to “gently caress it, you’re on your own” when it can’t find a route

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i think it means to only consider class when it comes to their social analysis and tend not to include other things like race or gender

a lot of hardline ml-ists completely discount anything beyond class and wind up being pretty racist/misogynist/homophobic/etc. as a result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's the only option in our stupid bezel-less present

it's notches and gestures all the way down