Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

gone are the days of samsung making GBS threads out 1000 interchangeable phones that all suck slightly differently

now they make like two phones a year that suck in new and innovative ways

um... http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung-phones-9.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
imagine paying iphone money but ending up with an android

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
htc phones: wah wah wah

lg phones: doo doo screen

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

The Management posted:

single camera bokeh continues to be garbage
left is Pixel 2, right is iPhone.

https://twitter.com/mattbirchler/status/923614348169437185

the one on the left is what the ghost entering our plane of existence looked like to the naked eye

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

explains why ibm is becoming sap

as is anyone using an android

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

the new Privacy Phone™ is here. instead of protecting your personal information from theft, it makes all information unreadable for the rest of the world.

*note: all personal information is still sent to hq

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

pretty sure you can buy that android new in a store today

pretty sure every new android in stores comes preloaded with thousands of your service provider's best apps for your enjoyment

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

LastInLine posted:

google home does do that but it buys and ships from walmart and/or target depending on how you set it up

has anyone ever legit ordered something via voice (on purpose)?

i can't imagine buying anything, even dish soap, without like a picture of it to make sure i'm buying the right thing

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
fuschia os will never happen because it's being 100% developed by google unlike android, which they bought, and chromeos, which is linux w/ a web browser

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
i'm both clock icons

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

have you seen the ~mascot~

android mascot is hella self aware

os is a pos so what

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
the funniest thing to me about the android malware scanner is the google play branding

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
it's weird how android appeals to the type of people who are really into min/maxing performance specs, but who also have a blind spot to the fact that apple's cpus are a generation ahead in performance

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

nutted but android is still sucking

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
top of the line, pure anroid lol

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

that said lol at ever buying a oneplus

MY android is a POS, but at least it's not as big a POS as YOUR android

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Ocrassus posted:

itt old people complain about navigation methods that become second nature for anyone with a minute amount of brain plasticity.

It's like steve said, 'death will take care of this'.

yes, most current android users will be dead before this update ever makes it to their device

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
RoG my peg asus

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

republic of gamers

democratic peoples' republic of gamers

Cocoa Crispies posted:

republic of gamers

democratic peoples' republic of gamers

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
who would find out the contents of the fridge first:

7 touch screen interactions

vs.

one pully boi

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
if only apple had chosen to use usb-c audio, they could have set a de facto standard for it, unlike android, the most popular os in the world

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

nah the idea is that it functions as a normal watch until you want android stuff so it lasts a lot longer

so it's self-winding too?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

no, i watch unpaid children playing the children's game, not professional children's game players.

they way you phrased this made me think of a future where football is watched via twitch with each player individually streaming their own pov

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
google is shutting down its beloved chat app allo

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

android one *is* an actually good thing, improving on a key issue with android

yes it's really nice that the data that the phone is collecting and sending to google and china is not vulnerable to mitm attacks

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

My Linux Rig posted:

lol according to this three different companies (at least) are required to make an update for an android phone

no wonder they never get updates

i like the terminal state buried 30% of the way down after step 5: chipset manufacturer says "lol no thx" and no updates for anyone

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

bare bones dessert release gets prettied up into a board support package, then released to device manufacturers who tack on a ton of non functional tacky poo poo

seems right to me

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

hope the cpu is on the base side otherwise lol at the heat dissipation on that thing. although if you're already going to commit to that thiccness, may as well toss a heatsink on it

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
https://twitter.com/Venumidas/status/1108071616636993536

although if anyone can fix this kind of input lag, it's the company behind the android operating system

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
love to not read the last line where they say it's not a great purchase even if the screen issue was resolved

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
here's my galaxy fold review:

man this device is poo poo and it SUCKS... but what if it was actually GOOD instead? it would be really good

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
no one can recommend you an android phone because an integral part of the android experience is being faced with thousands of uniquely bad options and finding it within your soul to pick one

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

girl: wait, why are ure posts amber?

yosposter: oh i have terrible taste

girl: gross

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

LastInLine posted:

heh i even looked first but didnt notice the button just checked the overflow where it is for the tracks

i know it wasnt there when i made the playlist when they first announced it so i guess im wrong theyre improving things every day

in other news heres another one for the mass grave

wtf is hangouts on air

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

infernal machines posted:

asus does it again

a 6Ah battery, and an active cooling system. wrap it up appleailures

crushing candies at a buttery smooth 120hz hell yeah

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
i'm not a ux expert, but how is the user supposed to know whether the invisible button hovering over their phone is a knob or a slider or what

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

true, google makes at least one chat app for every android model released

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
there were no Q brands so why bother with a cutesy name if you can’t leverage brand synergy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

makes sense that Back is capitalized, since it's a place, not a direction