Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

god, is there anything the MTA can't gently caress up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

qirex posted:

oh I know that works I mean where the whole stack is java, maybe webos?

e: not webos

Danger Sidekick/Hiptop

Somehow they got Java running on a 24 MHz processor as the whole drat OS.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
the anecdotes I have heard from people who worked with Samsung are pretty consistent. They're infamous for just hanging up a conference call if things aren't going their way for a moment.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
does MS even let the xbox team work on Surface?

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

actionjackson posted:

Why are there really only two choices in smartphone OS's anyway?

because Palm thought that launching a new platform on Verizon, the carrier that most people used, was a bad idea.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

LastInLine posted:

yeah i was going to say that its like the prepaid thread and the chinese phone thread rolled into one

uhhhhhh need a link to the Chinaphone thread immediately

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
https://twitter.com/vladsavov/status/968566869182599174

someone please find pictures of the clocks being obscured

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
on one hand its red so they know their poo poo when it comes to cameras

on the other hand they had to push out the launch by 8 months because they didn't know they had to engage in pesky things such as 'Regulatory Testing' and 'Cellular Carrier Conformance Validation'

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

creationist believer posted:

wasn’t the selling point of the pebble kickstarter that they were using e-ink for the display, but the actual product used a regular black and white LCD and they just called it “e-paper”

the panel was made by Sharp who called it that so they were just piggybacking I guess. E-ink requires zero power to maintain state, E-Paper aka Memory LCDs require some power to stay on but it's on the order of 10 micro-watts. I remember that your battery life would be affected by which design you chose, because the amount of energy required to change what was on-screen was determined by how many vertical columns needed to be modified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
The android guy got tired of explaining his dick to women so he made a phone that looked like one

https://twitter.com/Arubin/status/1181688574975983616