Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Can I bash Hillary supporters as well since they are directly responsible for the current fash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fidel Castronaut posted:

civil rights lawsuits? hmm, maybe they should contact the aclu's lawyers!

Agreed, and then the ACLU will side with "the fash" you despise so much and against your "Woke" mayor.

Will you start "bashing" the ACLU next?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fidel Castronaut posted:

yeah, i will just bash anybody and anything. bash bash bash!

I mean obviously as long as they are "fash" or fash supporters, or trump voters, or people that laugh at you on the internet, of course.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

bahahaha.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Grondoth posted:

Did liberal tears get gassed

The first casualty of Trumps America.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Man, a victory twenty years ago and now the woman is one of the wealthiest people in media. They've lost the culture war because there isn't any major company that is going to cater specifically to white evangelical tastes anymore. Demographics just don't make that profitable for global companies.

And hell, I'm glad of it. Hopefully media companies don't cater too much to the new evangelicals either.

Nice.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Can we talk about how "bashing the fash" is toxic masculinity?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

peak powercrazy

:tipshat:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

spacetoaster posted:

I'm not catholic, but don't nuns choose to become nuns and wear that stuff? I've been in muslim countries and watched women being legally beaten for not wearing their burkas and stuff so I'm not sure that the two are really comparable.

That's why it's such a hot take.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

spit on my clit posted:

Milo's great if only because he can stir up a hurricane of rage by just saying something stupid

If Berkeley is any indication he doesn't have to say anything at all.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

comedyblissoption posted:

Honestly they (i.e. democratic politicians) probably do get it. They just want to continue the same crony politics that have enriched themselves and their donors. Progressive politics undermines this, so what's even in it for them? They're basically crossing their fingers that the farcical pendulum of american politics will swing back their way to save them from their current corncobbing.

They are probably right tbqh, And yea they don't give a gently caress progressive policies.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

spit on my clit posted:

http://hewillnotdivide.us/

ITS BACK BOYS

currently there's a woman with a sharpie mustache talking to the camera.

gently caress yea.

quote:

On February 18, 2017, the project relocated to a wall outside the El Rey Theater, Albuquerque

Goddamn it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Darkman Fanpage posted:

how do a bitch with no voice use a phone?

The cannon is that she got her voice back and became human after her husband-to-be impaled the evil sea witch in the uterus.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

mormonpartyboat posted:

lol imagine putting on your big boy posting shorts and logging on to the internet to type this

:ironicat:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Anyone associated with Hillary should be turned into a 2 minutes of hate.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Kingfish posted:

I honestly believe the envelope mixup was a cynical ploy to get people to remember the Oscars for an extra day.

Same. I think it was a manufactured mix-up and only a few people knew about it, all in pursuit of that almighty dollar.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BexGu posted:

Most likely she sent it to herself in order to get more attention to the NAACP chapter and it just spiraled out from there. Mailed threats to yourself for attention/victim card bucks was popular at the time after real threats popped up some where else.

Poetic Justice :)

Too bad it's not proven.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Spinning Robo posted:

shut up about nazis, discuss elon musk's moon base

lol

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

mormonpartyboat posted:

so-called doctors telling me what is and isn't sterile

Doctors are super lovely at anything except the specific narrow job they are trained at and I wouldn't necessarily trust them to tell me what the best way to sterilize something is.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Never forget that the current official Democrat Position is that the Drug War is bad only because it disproportionately affects poor people. If everyone except people like Hillary were affected by the Drug War equally, it would be a resounding success in their eyes.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

The Kingfish posted:

There is a thread on the forums where goons are posting very seriously about how problematic dreadlocks are.

:gas: :ban:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Call Me Charlie posted:

https://twitter.com/EmmaCaterine/status/840005922323849217

drat you racist union members for betraying the illegal labor used to weaken your bargaining power
/

It really shows that they don't get it. Illegal workers are a problem, but the solution isn't spending more money on border patrol, it's arresting the owners/employers of those workers. You start throwing the CEO/Board of wal-mart in jail for negligence in the vetting of their workers and you will get some nice changes.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

call to action posted:

Can I guess your opinion on restricting H-1Bs to high salary jobs?

Here is a hot-take, H1B's shouldn't exist.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Baloogan posted:

:scream: oh no produce will be 10% more expensive if we can't exploit immigrants in slave-like-conditions how will we SURVIVE

This is also why we can't raise taxes on capitalists.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I don't think there are enough women doing slave-labor, why isn't anyone talking about this!?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

get that OUT of my face posted:

why are so many youtube personalities tacking hard right

Confirmation Bias. There are a shitload of people on youtube, most aren't "hard right" or political at all. In fact the majority of them don't give a gently caress and just want to play with electricity, or shoot poo poo, or talk about math or video games or whatever.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

comedyblissoption posted:

maddow and the rest of the media are reporting about another trump tax return like it's a big deal

does anyone actually give a gently caress? why should I even care about this?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/03/14/report-trump-paid-38-million-in-income-taxes-in-2005/?utm_term=.6cdef9dc7aa4

I never cared about the tax returns and I never will care about them. Additionally the tax returns she got are from 2005, why the gently caress should anyone give a poo poo about that?

I say lock her up,.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
You know what would really grind Trumps gears, if the democrats became a non-trash party and actually started to oppose him rather then focusing on click-bait and nothingburgers.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

They should have disappeared Eichenwald.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

spit on my clit posted:

it bugs me that we can just bully game companies about people we dont like until they say "gently caress, they won't give us a break!" and drop them.

Yep, it creates a tyranny of the majority situation and we will lose a lot of cool games as long as giant publishers are the gate keepers of content. Steam has been good so far, but there are no guarantees they continue.

And yea, obviously that's capitalism and one of the many reasons it is bad.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Because we live in a Just World, only 'bad' media get censored.

It is known!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lastgirl posted:

glad you're coming around to it now

Agreed. That's why it doesn't matter that my video game "jew-killer 3000" was released on steam right?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lastgirl posted:

I assume the Killer is Jewish and a cyborg?

What's the problem here? Other than itd be a generic shoot em up

Nah, the main character is an aryan cyborg that was put into a time capsule by hitler to kill jews in the year 3000 as a "failsafe solution."

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Feminism isn't gendered, nor a club, so that whole exchange is pretty dumb. Lol @ the white knight though.

E: lol it's Chu, but he isn't wrong? What a crazy post-trump world.

ate shit on live tv has issued a correction as of 02:34 on Mar 24, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

:lol:

Truly blessed.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

hmm, israel does some bad things, which excuses anti-semitic shits targeting jews globally, including ones that have never even lived anywhere near Israel, because ???

there's antisemitism on both the left and the right, the difference is that while on the right it's considered an extremist view held only by neo-nazis, on the left it's widely accepted and cloaked under the umbrella of ~anti-zionism~ and used to excuse all manner of lovely anti-semitic behaviour like BDS, harassing and censoring Jewish students at colleges, pestering Jewish politicians and businessmen both in person and on the internet, glorification of suicide bombers, acceptance of clerics giving antisemtic speeches in mosques, downplaying anti-semitic attacks in the media, etc

also the UN's myopic obsession with Israel

I'm glad someone is finally standing up for israel.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Lightning Lord posted:

you know zero about jewish and israeli politics and are trying to abuse the point of this thread

you and racist hot dog gif man

You know zero about morracans or morraco politics and are trying to abuse the point of this thread.

You racist.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Is there a source for "increasing levels of anti-semitism." Maybe an objective measure of "anti-semitism" today, vs last year, or 10 years ago, or 100 years ago?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

passionate dongs posted:

and like, a variety of readings, even if it includes things about what an author may not have intended, is not postmodernism either

Who the gently caress cares about the classification?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

passionate dongs posted:

my original point is that, while you very well could trace popular liberal beliefs to intro to postcolonialism classes or whatever, they are simply regurgitating values and not employing any actual faculties from these disciplines

I agree with this for sure.

• Locked thread