Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Peanut President posted:

gently caress NASCAR

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Yeah, putting stages on the Daytona 500....

I was going to take the night off to watch it but gently caress it. This whole thing is retarded.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

A Good Race

Agreed. That was legit. Cautiously optimistic for the 500.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

BMB5150 posted:

Apparently GMS is using Hendrick power now. Well you know there is a vacancy of a big team for Hendrick to have as a satellite team....

He's still going to wreck. Just faster.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Oh god I should be in bed why am I up watching this poo poo...

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Norns posted:

Are there any good season review videos for the 80s 90s and 00s anywhere?

Just find another racing car series to watch.

Old footage is just going to make the inevitable more painful. We saw some cool poo poo, you didn't.

I heard rallycross is pretty brotastic. Open wheel is still putting on a few good shows. Your local dirt track will put on a better race than anything you'll see on TV at least once a week.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
:byewhore:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I'm assuming the infield is below track level to help with the sightlines?

It's not anything like Bristol.
The old cheap seats we used to sit in are covered up now but when the cars came by you could just the the roof decal until they came into the middle of the turn.

There are I think three major grandstands now and there isn't really a terrible seat in them. I've always liked the AAA'ish end of the Bill France tower, right around the middle and close to an exit. I demand hot dogs and somewhere to piss. Good view of the exit to start/finish and turn three, for whatever reason lots of clownshoes in three.

Edit: Go early and hang out/tailgate in the grass parking areas. We ended up with a bunch of free white liquor last time I went and got to see a guy try to jump the creek in his Volvo. Ruled.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

It ended up shaped like :v:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

iospace posted:

Ok, so. Mod post inbound. You didn't gently caress up, so this isn't anything bad.

But I need your help. I'm going to be running a competition on the 28th regarding all three races, and I need a description of the Coke 600 (such as history, why it's important, etc) for the eventual thread OP. Best submission one will get featured in it (and perhaps some bonus points for it)! PM me, or if you don't have plat, quote this post with your submission. Thank you!

100 more miles of intermediate hell. Because gently caress you, that's why. Drink Monster.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Peanut President posted:

You know NBC just offloaded all their Premier League coverage onto an app that costs 50 dollars right? Maybe don't let NBC run streaming.

Wait, what?

Edit: You mean except for all the matches i can still watch on cable?

mischief fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jul 17, 2017

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

iospace posted:

Don't ask where this came from, but anyone want a gang tag?

gently caress it. I suffered long enough for a pony badge.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

At least SRA spun out right next to put road

He's going to be so expensive if he goes to Cup.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

dentist toy box posted:

they'll flock to not watching NASCAR

:tipshat:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Edgy.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
It's especially amusing considering that up until the last year or so I was still getting picked on for being one of two or three Junior fans around here.

loving bandwagons.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Holy poo poo Erik Jones looks exactly like Kevin Bacon in Tremors.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Guess he's settling on money and race cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Outlaw Mailman posted:

Nice of them to name the kid after the last thing Adam saw.

• Locked thread