Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
ty, it is my hope that my scholarship will put the matter of simpsons chronology to rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

facebook jihad posted:

I also found it interesting that the latest season apparently hit new lows for popularity, though IMDB ratings are not too be trusted at all. Could possibly just be internet idiots rating it low to be funny

Homer takes the family on a "hate-cation" to Boston when he catches Bart rooting for a rival football team. But after discovering the appeal of candlepin bowling over his regular bowling, and finding a better safety inspector job at a candy factory, they agree to move there. Meanwhile, Lisa discovers how much Boston has to offer academically compared to Springfield.

Homer discovers a new app that makes his life easier, and Grampa learns he's going to be a father again.

Bart spends time with Principal Skinner's mother, Agnes. Meanwhile, Homer and Lisa get addicted to Peekimon Get.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Johnny Aztec posted:

I.....I don't even want a confirm or deny that this is real.
I need to just leave. This concept is hurting my brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAa2tp0eeTQ&t=130s
it's a treehouse of horror segment that doesn't really go anywhere or have a lot of jokes

we must also remember that kang and kodos are canon members of the cast now, beyond thoh eps, because in a season 26 episode the simpson family goes on a disguised ride in "diz nee land" to rigel vii to be eaten, but homer's butt is so toxic that the alien queen dies from eating it and they are sent back to earth.

i must remind you all again that death would be a mercy, for the simpsons

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
Distraught that their inattention during "snuggling" led to Maggie's death, Homer and Marge go on a retreat into the woods to work on their relationship. Homer begins to experience visions of doom, destruction, and witchcraft, while Marge becomes focused on sex and pain, culminating in her crushing Homer's genitals with a rock and burying him alive with a millstone attached to his leg. Guest star: Jim Gaffigan as the "chaos reigns" fox.

Season 78 Premiere: a dust storm causes the emergency solar generator to fail. In response, the computer that generates new episodes begins to enter stand-by mode. In the process of clearing its volatile memory of non mission-critical elements, it inadvertently produces a clip show of highlights from seasons 25-77, although there is no longer an audience capable of watching it. Guest stars: whatever multicellular life managed to survive the Great Unmaking.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
Filmed from the perspective of a small child in a baby carriage, Marge explains to you, the viewer, that she is your Death, and that your Killer in your current life will be your Mother in the next life. She apologizes over and over as she beckons you towards oblivion. You are trapped in a hedonic cycle from which you can never escape, and your consciousness is obliterated. Guest Star: Joanna Newsom as Madame Psychosis.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
You (the person reading this synopsis) were hit buy a bus. It's 1998. You are dying. Before the accident, when you got home from school and did your homework and put away the dishes , you were allowed to watch your favorite show, the Simpsons. And so the Simpsons came to be associated with the calm and contentedness of a job well done, and the liminal place between waking and sleep. Your subconscious therefore confabulates new episodes of the Simpsons as an attempt to keep your mind occupied as it shuts down. As the hippocampus (seat of long term memory) and the amygdala (seat of strong emotions) succumb to internal bleeding, these false episodes become more and more disjointed and fragmentary. Your fading consciousness is waking up to the fact that there is something horribly wrong. Guest stars: Werner Herzog as the psychopomp guiding you to the next world, your mother as a barely audible voice begging you to wake up, please wake up, and Aziz Ansari as Poochie Jr.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
i forgot that this one was real:

Homer becomes a celebrity after he voices his conservative opinions on a cable talk show, and attempts to convince leaders of the Republican party to nominate singer Ted Nugent for president. Guest Star: Ted Nugent.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

khwarezm posted:

Bwahahaha, 'we are at the razor edge of political satire and analysis in today's America!' says the ossified mold growing under the office's floorboards that writes current Simpsons episodes.

The episode finishes with Lisa and Isabel at the 2056 presidential election, with Lisa responding to Anderson Cooper's question about getting America out of Afghanistan, by saying she would throw in the towel and make Afghanistan a state. Homer, who is watching the election on television proudly exclaims, "That's my girl."

e: i can't emphasize enough that this is a real episode that aired on real tv and eva longoria was the voice of isabel

Tree Goat fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 29, 2017

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
Holodo-Homer: The Simpsons win a contest to visit the Ukrainian SSR. Marge tries to moderate Homer's new addiction to salo. Bart finds that he has a talent for mining coal, and enrolls in a youth Stakhanovite contest. Lisa is concerned over grain shortages, but meets a boy (voiced by Maxim Litvinov) who reminds her that the US has problems too.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Former DILF posted:

i bet hes gonna kick himself when he reads this post

why not holo-d'oh! homer

ur right : (

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Calaveron posted:

So who'll be the first main va to go

through just giving up: harry shearer
through death: also harry shearer
of the immediate simpsons family: dan castellaneta, unless nancy cartwright is killed as part of some scientology death cult thing

but at this point i'm assuming there is so much extant VA that they could just synthesize what they need from the databanks

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
Nice try, but there's usually a half decade or so of cultural lag before there's a whole ToT parody segment. For instance, this year includes Neil Gaiman voicing Snowball II in a Coraline parody.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

JazzFlight posted:

I just finished rewatching the poison fugu episode and when Homer fearfully blurts out to "Marge, I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!" and they have tears streaming down their faces, I'm like HOLY poo poo even while knowing he's obviously not dying. And then he reconnects with his dad and they say they love each other and he puts off his other bucket list items... and this is freakin' joke character Grandpa Simpson!

The actors actually gave a crap then too, which really helped sell the scenes.

Don't worry, I've rewritten it to make it a better tonal fit for the later seasons.

Tree Goat fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 8, 2018

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Last Chance posted:

I'm curious about the Kamp Krusty sequel and if they showed clips from the original episode or something though.

there is a brief reshot scene iirc, but it's very short.

lisa is traumatized about their experiences at camp krusty, so marge makes her and bart go to therapy (although bart is just faking to skip school + get things). during therapy, they recover memories of seeing a kid die, but, when they return to the camp, it turns out the kid was just a midget and is still alive.

the b plot is that marge and homer had a lot of sex while the kids are gone, but now that the kids are back they aren't having sex. homer discovers that if he is volcel, then he becomes very smart and good at his job. marge initially likes the new homer but becomes sexually frustrated and they end up going back to kamp krusty (which has reopened as a spa/swingers club) where she finally convinces him to have sex, making him stupid again.

fin.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Big Beef City posted:

The worst part of sampsins is when Brat dead and he mom sad.
Even litle Magpie cry.
very low for pouplar children cartoon show

creepypasta authors have moved on from lost episodes of the Simpsons where everybody dies to lost episodes of Spongebob where everybody dies, that’s the real sentinel species here

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Peace de Bundy posted:

it's 2090 , every Simpsons actor is long dead . The show has continued because every possible word in English has been said by the actors , and will be remade using state of the art technology . Season 100 episode 9 , Bart gets a new dog , Satans little helper

you are thinking too small

borges gave us the thought experiment of the library of babel, a cosmically enormous library containing every possible 410 page book of 25 characters. while the vast majority of books are gibberish, untold millions of books are not. your abridged biography is contained in the library, along with those of all of your friends and loved ones, etc. etc.

no simpsons episode is precisely identical to any other simpsons episode. simpsons episodes are finite (22ish minutes of 24 fps). therefore, if we assume that the simpsons will continue indefinitely, then we have created an animated library of babel. the vast majority of simpsons episodes will be nonsensical, but many will not be. there will be one episode where homer stares at you, the person reading this, and tells you how you will die. there will be another that is the funniest possible combination of frames and audio in the universe. the odds of encountering this perfect simpsons episode in any individual's lifetime is infinitesimal, but its day is sure to come.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
he’s saying “boo-urns”

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
i have extensively dealt with the issue of simpsons chronology thanks.
https://medium.com/@Birdbassador/the-simpsons-are-eternal-prisoners-of-suffering-and-are-begging-for-oblivion-5fced2845ee3

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
sorry buddy
S21E12: "Boy Meets Curl"

The Simpsons head to the 2010 Winter Olympics where Marge and Homer compete as part of a mixed curling team and Lisa becomes addicted to collecting Olympic pins.
Guest Star: Bob Costas

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
hell is infinite. you were perhaps thinking of purgatory.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean do you have to be demonstrably crazier than that to believe in any religion?

Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
there's lots of scenarios where they cancel the simpsons, it's very easy to envision:

1) one of the few tribes scrounging for food in the last few arable pieces of land in the american wastelands is insufficiently vigilant in purifying their water, and the elders succumb to cholera. they did not specify a lore-keeper before this calamity and so the long oral tradition of the tribal simpsons-speaker, an unbroken chain of voice actors dating back to before the cataclysm, is forever severed.

2) a flaw in the central machine of the self-aware disney entertainment system causes an unstable feedback loop in the neural circuitry that imprisons the cast and crew in their statis pods. while its system of thought is entirely alien to ours, this malfunction creates a pattern of behavior that is somewhat analogous to the human notion of mercy. in the brief seconds before the error-correction and redundancy systems restore the status quo, the DES permits the cast the ultimate freedom: the freedom to die.

3) the last gasp of a super-massive dying star releases a gamma ray burst that bathes our planet in purifying radiation and we, the simpsons included, are snuffed out like a match on a windy day.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Bust Rodd posted:

Disco Stu is such an archaic character to bring in. Did they add a Grungie Dan yet or do the 90’snot exist in modern Simpsons?

Data Graham posted:

The way they keep retreading every little one-off gag I wouldn’t be surprised if Cynical Member of Generation X has had his own episode by now

i feel as though you are perhaps unfamiliar with s19e11's "that 90's show" in which it was revealed that homer started the grunge movement with his band "sadgasm" as part of his outlet for his jealousy and anger over marge's burgeoning feelings for a feminist college professor. guest starring rolling stone's kurt loder and weird al.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Data Graham posted:

So basically we're doing Legend of Zelda continuity now

no, the simpsons are patterns of being that are caught up in cyclic hell of karmic debt rather than fixed temporal entities, this has been extensively covered.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
sounds like the increasing homogeneity and decreasing longevity of memetic mass culture is maybe killing the ability of the simpsons to make jokes based on popular culture

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

counterfeitsaint posted:

You're over thinking this. The question was probably 'do you like making wigs?'

probably "what are you thoughts on x files 2nd season episode 'irresistible'?"

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

fffffffffuuuuuuccccckkkkkk

oooooofffffffff

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
marge vs the monorail suffers from third act problems

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
likewise, the lemon of troy has a forgettable first act

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Iron Crowned posted:

That's not good, sorry

“what if m&ms were n&ns” sounds like a cum town bit

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
i mean that has to be it, right? like there's nowhere down from there

do we close the thread after the episode airs, or suicide pact, or what's the procedure here

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Atlas Hugged posted:

Is everyone in this thread 15 or something?

a 15 year old would likely be born in the year 2003, the end of which would have seen the debut of the simpson's 15th season, which includes such memorable episodes such as the one where ms krabappel cancels her wedding to principal skinner and rebounds with comic book guy, and one where artie ziff loses all of his money in an internet company and comes to live with the simpsons, where he and lisa bond over jonathan franzen's the corrections

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Sagebrush posted:

that episode also had kang and kodos in it and iirc they have, other than that episode, only appeared in treehouse of horror episodes so i'd say the futurama crossover is also non-canon.

(well, i have no loving clue what happens after season like 18 or so, maybe by now the aliens are the simpsons' other next-door neighbors)

Tree Goat posted:

we must also remember that kang and kodos are canon members of the cast now, beyond thoh eps, because in a season 26 episode the simpson family goes on a disguised ride in "diz nee land" to rigel vii to be eaten, but homer's butt is so toxic that the alien queen dies from eating it and they are sent back to earth.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Cookie Kwan posted:

I got dog pilled.

no comment on all the other posts but this misspelling made me think about what it would mean to be dog-pilled and how it fits in on the red-pill/black-pell continuum.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

homeless guy posted:

did they ever make the promised "The Simpsons are going to Antarctica" episode?

yes. in "a totally fun thing bart will never do again," the simpsons end up on a cruise ship and bart inadvertantly uses the ship's video library to convince everybody that there is a virus overtaking the entire world. the ships descends into anarchy and they sail towards antarctica. eventually the ruse all falls apart and the simpsons are dumped near a penguin research station

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Dimebags Brain posted:

Pulling the Michael Jackson episode but keeping the episode with Henry “higher body count than any human being currently alive” Kissinger, smdh.

The Simpsons are going to The Hague!

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
are u okay my man

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
okay, be safe and take care. remember to drink water

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
y'all have read the rebecca sugar comic about simpsons line quoting, right?
https://dawolfey.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/dont-cry-for-me-im-already-dead-by-rebecca-sugar/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1116490792762138624