Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
As much as I will always hate Tom Brady, that was really something to witness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I can finally live in a world where I no longer have feelings about having to accept whether Bill and Tom are the greatest ever. I feel so free

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Panzeh posted:

same but also steelers fans because they're the worst

Listen, my most hated rival just completed the most amazing comeback in history, and I can't be mad at that. Also, this was more embarrassing than the AFCCG, so gimme a break

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I'm deeply disappointed in anyone who cannot accept the awesomeness of that comeback. Do you guys even like football?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

qkkl posted:

Brady still wants to break the record super bowl wins in a row, so he isn't going to relax now.

The clock is still ticking and he is at the 2 minute warning of his career, and there's literally nothing than can defeat old age

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Maybe someday the AFC will send someone other than the same four loving teams every year.

When the NFC starts beating the Patriots they can start talking poo poo, I guess

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Realtalk: Not counting any Super Bowl wins by your favorite team, do you consider this the best Super Bowl ever? I'd have to say yes at this point. I remember the Cards/Steelers game fondly too, but I think this one tops them for the comeback and OT win.

43 will always be my favorite bc my team won, but this was probably better yeah

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

If Elway, Brees or Rodgers had pulled off that comeback, not one of you would be placing the onus entirely on the Falcons' ineptitude.

Tom Brady willed his team to that win. If he hadn't done nearly the same exact thing in last year's AFCCG, and also in SB 49, then maybe you could make the argument that this was the Falcons' fault, but this is what the greatest athletes do

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

indigi posted:

my main thing on this is that while Brady clearly had a great game and was the engine that drove the comeback, he was off on his passes for most of the game. in the first half alone there were two passes to Edelman that should have been TDs - one where he underthrew him and caused Edelman to stop and fall to the ground to make the catch, and one where he just overthrow him by a bit. on both plays there was nobody who could have stopped him from getting to the endzone. and even during the comeback, his WRs were making great catches on balls that Brady usually has better placement on. I could see an argument that it wasn't Brady's comeback, but the offense as a whole's comeback. I wouldn't say Brady had an unbelievable or an all-time game, but a great one.

He was under duress the entire 1st half, the greatest coach ever made his adjustments at halftime, and they climbed out of the hole they were in.

By the time it was over, Brady had broken, what, 17 all-time SB passing records? But, sure, it was ok

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Hello, friends

:smith:

Goondolences bro

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Pretty easy to break passing records for a game that has only been played 50 times when you are so behind that you have no choice but to throw the ball constantly against a defense that is getting tired because the offense scores too fast or fucks up.

Brady played excellently in the second half but how do you look at this game and not realize it was also a huge Falcons fuckup

I've watched Belichick out coach everyone for a long time now. The defensive adjustments immediately had an impact on the game, and allowed the comeback to happen. Sure, the Falcons hosed up, but again, this isn't the 1st time anyone has seen this movie.

Eli remains the only kryptonite.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

In shades of "I hate him so badly that I listen just to see what he'll do next" Howard Stern syndrome, Pittsburgh had the highest market share for last night's game out of the entire country, including Boston and Atlanta.

Pittsburgh loves football the most.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Febreeze posted:

If the Patriots have to win another Super Bowl I will take solace in the fact that it'll bug the gently caress out of Pittsburgh

I made my peace last night. There's just no argument to be made anymore; the Patriots are the best dynasty ever. Even better than the Steel Curtain. Idk about anyone else, but I'm freed by that notion. Time to move on imo

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

Feels like yesterday was a "face turn" for Brady. I like him and respect him now and he's good, because he made a lot of dorks really mad and that is what life is about

I agree with the 1st half anyway lol

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

SourKraut posted:

I'm sorry, the 90s Michael Jordan Bulls teams would like to have a word with you. Unlike Tom Brady, Michael Jordan never lost a Championship. :smugdog:

I don't care about basketball, I'm a native Pittsburgher

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

extendedsolo posted:

Hear me out here, I think Rivers or Luck COULD have done it, but couldn't sustain success enough to get their team in position to do it. So yeah pretty much Brady is the only one.

Ben could, tbh

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

extendedsolo posted:

nah he would've been intercepted at least once.

cf: SB 43. If you get hot streak Ben, he does it. If you get cold streak Ben, you get the INT. Brady is the only football robot who is better than 50/50

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

Like, i don't give a poo poo that people hate the Patriots and their fans, and some of the irrational hatred makes me smile sometimes, but lets be real, there were a separate set of rules. If Patriots fans posted like Ehud, for example, being a pats fan would have been basically illegal here. You can take it as it is, but there was a huge denial over certain forums here being an echo chamber until Lowtax stepped in.

Edit: For the record, i don't give a poo poo if he thinks Tom is the greatest ever or not, i just find awkward situations like that funny. I just find it funny that some people might've interpreted that i wanted Montana to bow down to Tom.

Make America Great Again dude, you can do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

I'm a Bernie supporter you idiot

Edit: I thought you were going to go for the "Berniebro" angle, turns out you're just completely misinformed.

gb2dnd

• Locked thread