Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Julio Jones with a great catch.

TFF crowns it the greatest catch ever.

Julian Edelman: "Hold my beer."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If I wasn't so lazy I would go through the 150 or whatever pages of the GDT and collect all of the posts of people who counted out Touchdown Tom but that would be like 20k posts.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Josh Lyman posted:

Got a solid 6? hours of sleep.

Still feel horrible. Still want to die.

I didn't feel this bad the day after the election.

Posts like this are why I was rooting for the patriots :D

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

achillesforever6 posted:

I wish people would write think pieces about how I overcame so much in high school and college stacking the deck against me, but then again I never got caught cheating and the one time I got involved in a cheating scandal it was more the fault of the guy who peer pressured me into giving my answers to our Paleontology lab final.

Tom Brady has a fist of rings.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Silly Burrito posted:

I don't care if Jesus Christ was the quarterback, I put that loss on the Falcons. Yes, Brady and the team came back spectacularly, but Atlanta choked and made a series of bad decisions that allowed New England to come back and win.

Jesus was like 5'5" and couldn't see over the line of scrimmage so ya if Jesus was the QB you'd be right.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

seiferguy posted:

Atlanta's time of possession was absolutely pitiful and precisely why they lost that game in the 2nd half. Good lord.

Wasn't the number of offensive plays something retarded like 95 to 40 or some poo poo?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Josh Lyman posted:

It's not just that the Falcons should have win. It's that it wasn't possible for the Patriots to win. It simply was not possible.

"Heh, hold my beer."

-Tom Brady

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Akileese posted:

It's super weird. There's a constant tug of war on both sides to both validate and invalidate any accomplishment by a team or individual in sports nowadays. I appreciate getting to watch New England as a Pats fans and I remember saying after the back to back "If they never win another championship in my lifetime I could give a poo poo since seeing two was magical enough". You're dead on though. You shouldn't have to validate it in every conversation you have and frankly, anyone who demands that sort of validation is a complete rear end in a top hat.

You sound like you're talking him through a bad breakup with an abusive significant other lmao it's pathetic

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If the Pats lose that game does the Brady futily diving to stop the pick 6 become the new crying Jordan? I'm sure there's a camera angle of his face while diving.

Idk the pats didn't lose

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Turdsdown Tom posted:

That's all you read because you're an idiot who was more eager to argue about a point I never made

I literally just loving said this in the post you originally quoted. The risk isn't that strategy, the risk is relying entirely on the field goal from a coaching perspective, independently of how good or bad your kicker is.

Well I'd like to think they were going for that idea, except in reverse. Because they had just gotten up to that field position thanks to Freeman and wanted to keep the NE defense on their heels. But what happened was a sack, which necessitated another pass play.

You're angry and look like an idiot and this is completely independent of you being right or wrong

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

extendedsolo posted:

what will be even funnier is when a couple writers don't vote him into the HOF because he "cheated" or some other dumb poo poo.

They would vote him in right now if they could.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Abugadu posted:

Russell Wilson already did, a few years ago.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

They had a worse chance to win the SB this year too.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Abugadu posted:

And if you want a more comparable game, Drew Brees had one a few years ago where he threw 63 times, for 462 yards and 4 TDs, getting the go-ahead TD with less than 2 minutes left against one of the best defenses in the league in the 49ers after being down the entire game.

It's just that the Saints D was a paper towel that let Alex Smith walk down the field and toss a TD to Vernon Davis like he was Joe Montana or something.

Tom Brady did it in the super bowl and came back 25 points.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Abugadu posted:

I feel like this is the critical point. Bill gameplans for this, and uses the short passing game as a substitute for the running game because he sees/exploits mismatches. It's never a 'oh we're down 2+ scores, time to bomb it' strategy. And don't get me wrong, Brady is a great QB for being able to execute it, and have a high completion % while doing it. And I'm fine calling him the GOAT, he's done it with poo poo receivers for most of his career minus the time with Moss. There's plenty of reasons to admire the guy, I just feel like saying this was his greatest game and a testament to his awesomeness is really loving overblown considering how many basic things the Falcons hosed up and how many tiny miracles had to happen for it to occur.

He came back from 25 down in 18 minutes in the Super Bowl.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Abugadu posted:

look if i were an asshat just posting dumb memes like some people in this thread i'd just go with

drat that's a lot of bling.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

shirts and skins posted:

That's amazing, he just walked on in the 4th quarter with a blank slate and won the game? Who did he replace at QB for them to be losing 28-3? It was Brissett, right? He must have been pretty bad to let the Falcons D score more than he did in 3 quarters. Boy must he be embarrassed! Luckily Brady was around to step in and also to tell Shanahan not to run the ball so he had time to come back.

Yeah and then he came back from 25 down with 18 minutes left in the super bowl

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

shirts and skins posted:

Not to mention how thoroughly unimpressive it is for his offense to score 28 points against the Falcons D in just over a quarter. That puts him in this season's luminous company of Winston (twice), Brees (twice), Newton, Rivers, Rodgers, and Carr (the Chiefs also scored 29 but one was a Berry pick six).

Brady was so horrible in the first 3 quarters that he had to do it all in the 4th, and even then he had to rely on the Falcons loving up every facet of the game to come back.

Ftfy

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Febreeze posted:

Good it still hurts him deep inside

Use the force, Luke.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I was rooting for the Falcons myself but I'm guessing your friend was insufferable when they were up 28-3

As would be the case with any fan who's team is up 28-3 in the third quarter of the super bowl against the patriots.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

evilweasel posted:

Do you count if you're not on the 46 man active roster? They all get rings, of course, but do they get counted when people do "super bowl champions" if they're inactive/practice squad?

If I had a ring then in 20 years I'm telling people I started the super bowl.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Foxborough is a terrible place to live or drive to.

But not a terrible place to collect super bowl rings which was his only qualifier.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

evilweasel posted:

gronk is sort of what I think a sixteen year olds idea of being a perfect adult is

My question is what is your idea of being the perfect adult?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Josh Lyman posted:

Yeahhh Matt Ryan kneels the ball 3 times and you lose so I wouldn't get so high and mighty.

Yeah but that didn't happen so,

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I have not seen one person unironically imply that the Pats steamrolled. Not sure where you're coming from there unless you've been reading YouTube comments. Everyone knows how close our goose was to getting cooked. Most people still can't believe the game ended

#AlternativeFacts

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mister Fister posted:

People care enough to respond.

I guess i'll go full heel: The Patriots won the superbowl and i'm glad that everyone else is mad and miserable :colbert:

In actual NFL news though, lol Goodells going to gently caress over the Pats somehow

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-nfl-execs-seething-at-patriots-super-bowl-antics-clown-t-shirt/

I rooted for the patriots because the TFF meltdowns are funny.

But you're just a moron.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mister Fister posted:

I also base people's mental stability and intelligence on sports opinions.

The way they present their opinions are good enough for me!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Dear Diary,

Today... I looked through someone's post history for the own. It felt great. I am also crazy.

-MF

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The only way Donald Trump could be dumber is if he posted on a dead gay Internet forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

• Locked thread