Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fsif posted:

No Monday Night Football. :(

There hasn't been MNF in like a month and a half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Sark is a decent college coach (pulled UW out of the depths and set them up for a real good coach in Peterson to have success), good offensive mind.

Personal life kind of in the toilet

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

This is fine.

Everything is fine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Alternative facts

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'd love Cutler back in Denver personally

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Man doing that over and over is gonna end really tragically

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Which NFL player is most likely to go all Charles Oakley on his team's owner?

(ps, go check twitter if you haven't)

Michael Bennett

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

We haven't won in Buffalo in the playoffs, or Cleveland. Also if we win in Los Angeles we'll have beaten the entire AFC West on the road in the playoffs. I just got sad realizing we'll never get to win in San Diego :(

You'll never beat the Chargers in the playoffs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Why not? We beat the Raiders in Oakland and nobody does that. We also beat Denver and KC. So why can't we beat the Chargers?

Because we're never going to make the playoffs again

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Well I bet if 1000 years go by the Ravens will beat the Chargers at some point. So it's possible. Look at the 99 Rams or the 2008 Dolphins. No matter how bad you are there's always hope of a quick turnaround.

The Chargers also have about 2-3 years to exist before they rebrand, so that's another reason

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Do they really have to? Oh well then, we can beat whichever name they become. As long as they're in the AFC West still and we can sweep that division. And as long as they don't leave it like the Seattle Seahawks did.

I hope they dissolve just so you'll be irrationally mad about it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

The problem with saying that the Chargers will make a quick turnaround is that they're perpetually one of the most injured teams in the league, their offensive line is absolute dogshit, and they hired Anthony Lynn because they didn't want to offload Whisenhunt. Not that I think Whis is a bad OC, but i'm not a fan of foisting coaches from a previous regime onto a new HC whatsoever.

Rivers is also starting to slip, and it doesn't help that they'd rather overpay for another team's castoffs (seriously, Orlando Franklin sucks so much) than spend high picks on linemen that can actually keep him upright. I guess they're going to be a good defensive team if they stay healthy next season? It's still hard for me to see them making progress in a murderous AFC West.

On the other hand, we were in a ton of one score games last year-- seriously, if you reverse the outcome of all the one score games we were in, our record would have been like 11-5. We can't keep perpetually losing every single one score game we're in like we have the last three years.

I think.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I don't think they're going to do a 30 for 30 for every idiot who fucks up in the league

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Some players are left wing and some players are right wing and that's okay

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

evilweasel posted:

making the playoffs by winning the afc south doesn't count

He's talking about Stafford

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers dumped me

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

So in 2016, the San Diego Chargers were about middle of the pack in terms of average ticket price, about 82 dollars per ticket. The Bears were the most expensive at about 131 per ticket.

The 2017 Los Angeles Chargers average ticket will be about 192 dollars.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

Makes sense when your capacity is only 30,000 people.

I kind of doubt prices are gonna come DOWN when we move into the Kroenkedome

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

whypick1 posted:

It can't not be Cleveland, right?

Cleveland is more likely to overpay a young QB than overpay a broken rear end Tony Romo.

Just don't go to Denver, Tony. That's all I ask

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Baseball would be cool as heck if I could ever loving watch my team play, but noooooo, constant loving blackouts

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

throw out your guesses and the winner gets a prize*

I'll say joe Haden

*prize is an avatar cert

Talib

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

King Dunlap arrested for violating a restraining order.

LA already a bad influence

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A Man and his dog posted:

Jesus Christ.....

What is wrong with people. We need 50 different sex code violations.

drat.

Ahaha

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

How can the most competitive division have the last decade's worst team in football?

competitive doesn't have to mean good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

Man it is a slow week for NFL news

Baseball hasn't started, college basketball hasn't REALLY started, lol hockey, and the NBA is at the all star break and is a slow grind to the inevitable Warriors/Cavs 3.0 finals.

There's litreally nothing going on unless you want to disect the Boogie trade more

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

When I think leadership it's mostly defensive guys who come to mind. Like Ed Reed firing up Miami at halftime, or all the Ray Lewis stuff we kinda poo poo on but probably did get guys pumped up.

Joe Montana's great leadership moment that everyone talks about is noticing John Candy in the crowd at the super bowl.

I miss Seau and Merriman

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18738935/emotional-philip-rivers-makes-appearance-san-diego-hall-champions-dinner

I love Philip Rivers for all time

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Replace the hall of fame game with the Pro Bowl.

That'll get people watching in early August

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

swickles posted:

Make it so all the inductees, including coaches, reporters, league personnel etc. have to suit up and play.

Also send Roger Goodell across the middle every snap in 15 years.

I mean, I was going for something that might be feasible. Long off season, have your all star game with its dumb rules aso the very first "game" of the year. The players that were in the superbowl get to play, everyone is excited for football to be back, turn it into an actual big event celebrating football being back and the hall of fame ceremony

OR your idea, I guess

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Probably not, but anything is better than the current probowl and hall of fame game. Eliminating one and replacing the other seems like a net positive.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

No comp pick for Eric Weddle because we decided to sign noted free agent bust Travis Benjamin

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Hey ross I'm at a wedding and one older guy from Nevada knows the Spanos family. He says they're all "loving assholes"

Also he constantly called the raiders the traitors and the niners the whiners.

Guy was like 80 and he loving owned.

I want to meet this guy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

As happy as I am about locking Berry up I'm equally sad about this. It probably needed to be done but goddamn he was amazing.

He's the best RB you guys have ever had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

They've had a lot of guys put up a lot of yards, but I don't think any of them ever scared me as bad as Charles. Dude was so loving good.

Took the words out of my mouth

• Locked thread