Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i'm cool with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raku posted:

Does Trump know that if the Patriots actually show up Gronk WILL gently caress Ivanka?

lol could you imagine how pissed trump would be. he's been trying to get in her pants for 30 years

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

What's really shocking is that Young was consistently the most insightful.

That's because Steve Young owns and this is probably just some gay baby know nothing not player who's butt hurt.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mother fucker

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mastershakeman posted:

sure he does, terrell davis and gale sayers had weaker careers than him. and gronk, when healthy, was the best all time and it was pretty obvious to everyone watching , whereas running backs at least had some arguments of who was better at the peak

TD played in 78 games, starting 77. gronk 88/75. gale sayers was only in 68

Sayers re-invented open field running. He's one of those old school guys who got in on the impact they had on the game, not on their numbers. TD is a fair argument, but there's also 32 running backs in the hall of fame compared to only 8 (soon to be 9) tight ends. The standard is a lot lower for backs. You have to be really special as a tight end to have a case. He might get in just because he's Gronk and he played for the Patriots, but on pure merit he's probably not there yet. But neither is Eli and welp.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Kiffin deserves a mention for shittiest coach

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I hope that guy sucks

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

whypick1 posted:

NBA's salary cap this season is $94.14 million for 15 guys (at most), so $6.3M/person
NFL's salary cap last season was $155.27 for 53 guys, $2.9M/person

Plus all the other stuff the guys above me alluded too.

F1 drivers get paid well over 10 million, so it sounds like both the NBA and the NFL are hoarding all their moneys.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Formula 1 is also the second most popular sport on earth, and on a per-event basis by far the most watched sport on earth.

irrelevant

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eli Wiggum posted:

bill polian can gently caress off

so can randy moss

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
so can jamaal charles. but man was he fun to watch

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

He's the best RB you guys have ever had

They've had a lot of guys put up a lot of yards, but I don't think any of them ever scared me as bad as Charles. Dude was so loving good.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone who honestly believes Randy Moss did everything right and wasn't a bum, and it's just some old white man talking point, never saw him with the Raiders. He's a loser.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alaois posted:

would you put even 25% effort in if you were on a mid-2000s raiders team

no but i'm a loser too

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

If I were the best in the world at what I do and stuck in an organization that aspired to mediocrity in a few years I'd get pissed and stop trying too. It's got to be infuriating seeing your talents utterly wasted and know you're never getting those years back.

Not many people in the hall of fame would agree with you.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

Moss went for 60 / 1000 / 8 his first year in Oakland with an aging Kerry Collins at QB then had a garbage year his second because the Raiders went with Andrew Walter at QB with an offensive coordinator who hadn't worked since the mid 80's and was managing a bed and breakfast for the previous like decade because Al was completely off his rocker by then.

The first year he was the only person who was getting the ball thrown to him. His catch percentage was abysmal. Guys like Brandon Marshall had a lot more success in similar positions. He didn't even try to catch balls half the time. And the second year he completely quit. Oh boo hoo, the team was bad. Walk a mile in Larry Fitzgerald's shoes. Have some real problems.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

I will never forget watching the raiders that year, watching Andrew Walter take these gigantic 7 step dropbacks while his receivers ran routes that'd take 5+ seconds to get open and then he would get crushed by every pass rusher at the same time.

That was also the year when they beat a concussed Roethlisberger by pick-sixing him twice and we were all convinced Nnamdi was the best CB in the league.

He was!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Time posted:

You're really mad about the best player to ever wear a raiders uniform

Not as mad as Randy Moss is about the catering.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

This was such a beautiful game:

Raiders won 20-13 I think without ever sustaining an offensive drive.

Nnamdi said it was his favorite game he ever played in.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Randy Moss might not even be top 5 with all the olineman that have come through the Raiders.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Time posted:

Jerry rice is a system receiver

(I forgot about jerry. Randy is second best ever)

Jerry didn't buckle like a belt at the first sign of adversity, and neither did Tim Brown.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Time posted:

Tim Brown what are you like 800

I'm 28 what are you like 7

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

A position of need too. This feels to right not to happen.

didn't ap want to play for the cowboys

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

swickles posted:

I doubt he takes a backup role when some team will pay him actual money to be the feature.

Idk, he'd still get a bunch of carries, have a great young back to mentor on his favorite team, and you have to want to run behind that o line. It depends on what kind of offers he gets I suppose. But the Cowboys have a while before they have to pay Zeke, so they wouldn't have to wrap up a ton of money in the RB position to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TheChirurgeon posted:

Unless it happens for pennies, AP won't be a Cowboy

Yeah idk their overall cap situation. Just saying that they wouldn't have an excessive amount tied up in RB if they did sign him. That doesn't mean they'd have the cap space.

• Locked thread