Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/RadiNabulsi/status/961286100995198976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Has to be one of the better classes of all time, by the numbers.

It and Bama last season are more or less a tie for #2.

2010 Florida is #1. While you're thinking about that for a minute, let me remind you that Muschamp took some duct tape and chewing gum and won 9 games at South Carolina this season.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

TheGreyGhost posted:

4* LB/DE Javontae Jean-Baptiste to Ohio State.

Sounds like Schiano's decision to stick around changed his mind. Ah well.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State just signed 4* OT Rasheed Walker, the #6 OT on 247

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Jordan Young flips to FSU, thats a kick in the nuts

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Ross choose Clemson over instate Bama and Auburn.

Means #1 player in GA, AL, OH and SC

A lot of great 5* players but disappointed in the way we handled recuriting overall this year. We were originally planning a small class but had a lot of transfers this year and will only have like 80 players on scholarship next year. With all the seniors and jr leavers next year we will need to sign 30+ players. I'm guessing the early signing period threw everyone for a loop because all the low 4* and high 3* players we usually back fill late with were already signed.

e: I guess we technically got the best player out of Florida too but Thomas out of IMG should probably be considered SC

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 7, 2018

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
JJ Peterson official to UT, thank god

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Has to be one of the better classes of all time, by the numbers.

I think #3 ever on 247

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

Jordan Young flips to FSU, thats a kick in the nuts

Yeah, this isn't shaping up how I thought this day would go. At least we kept JJ Peterson.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Real Name Grover posted:

Sounds like Schiano's decision to stick around changed his mind. Ah well.

Nebraska was out of it yesterday. He'd decided on VT yesterday and informed coaches, then changed his mind today w/ Urban's last minute push.

That said I'm fine with VT's finish, would've been happy if we'd pulled one of Anthony Grant or Jevontae Jean Baptiste, but better to go never play at a blue blood than start for a top 20 program, I'm sure.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Sorry for the double post, just wanted to say I'm drafting the 19 thread and will have it posted once signing day's officially over. Title suggestions: go!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/961308566647848960

hosed up if true

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Dude is gonna be so so so bad.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

At Arizona Soviet University, prospects draft you!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
That wet fart you hear in the distance is coming out of a butt painted with orange and white checkerboards.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Go win the Heimlich Trophy!

Nur_Neerg posted:

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to say I'm drafting the 19 thread and will have it posted once signing day's officially over. Title suggestions: go!

Well, based on that Herm Edwards line

NCAAF Recruiting 2019: Oh the Hermanity

or

NCAAF Recruiting 2019: Tomorrow's Champions of Life Today

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

That wet fart you hear in the distance is coming out of a butt painted with orange and white checkerboards.

Because of Walker? Griffin? These are guys that were not guaranteed to sign and were more or less long shots anyway. Pruitt has only been HC for less than 60 days and walked into a tire fire. Take off the noose and realize considering the situation he walked into, this is not a terrible class.

Be disappointed we didn't get certain guys that we had a small shot at, but this is not a bad class. The only real disappointment is Jordan Young because we discovered him and without UT he would have been going to Coastal Carolina. We kept Peterson and pulled 4* CB Norwood from Memphis. Copeland and ITS still have to announce too.

Worry about the ones we got, not the ones we didnt.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 7, 2018

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

Because of Walker? Griffin? These are guys that were not guaranteed to sign and were more or less long shots anyway. Pruitt has only been HC for less than 60 days and walked into a tire fire. Take off the noose and realize considering the situation he walked into, this is not a terrible class.

Be disappointed we didn't get certain guys that we had a small shot at, but this is not a bad class. We kept Peterson and pulled 4* CB Norwood from Memphis. Copeland and ITS still have to announce too.

Worry about the ones we got, not the ones we didnt.

Just disappointing how strong Pruitt started off in December and we've basically struck out on every recruit today. We aren't getting Copeland or ITS either.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Just disappointing how strong Pruitt started off in December and we've basically struck out on every recruit today. We aren't getting Copeland or ITS either.

Jesus stop this whiny bullshit, we wouldn't have even been in consideration for those recruits if it weren't for Pruitt. We new this class wasn't going to be a top 10 class. You just gonna ignore that Peterson stayed after Bama pressed him hard? Or the 4* CB flip from Memphis? Look at how amped this guy is to be coming to Tennessee:

https://twitter.com/StephenHargis/status/961261993981300738?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E2

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

huh weird yelling at Trey Wingo on TV doesn't actually make you an amazing recruiter

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

Jesus stop this whiny bullshit, we wouldn't have even been in consideration for those recruits if it weren't for Pruitt. We new this class wasn't going to be a top 10 class. You just gonna ignore that Peterson stayed after Bama pressed him hard? Or the 4* CB flip from Memphis? Look at how amped this guy is to be coming to Tennessee:

https://twitter.com/StephenHargis/status/961261993981300738?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E2

I'm not whining, and I never said this was gonna be a top 10 class. I think it's normal to feel disappointment that we didn't get certain guys. I am not worried. If this happens next year I will start worrying.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jacob Copeland to UF :haw:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/961322903009574912

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol kid got owned by his own mom

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
eat poo poo, Jacob Copeland's mom

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
She deserves to be upset for wearing both Bama and UT stuff at the same time.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

nachos posted:

eat poo poo, Jacob Copeland's mom

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/yahoodrsaturday/status/961323727597309952

:chloe:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pruitt has a ravenous need to succeed and has built up a solid staff; UT is a smoking crater so it'll take a while. I don't think the program is permanently Nebraska'd. (Hiring Schiano would've made that more likely, though.)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I dont think he's wrong

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Pruitt has a ravenous need to succeed and has built up a solid staff; UT is a smoking crater so it'll take a while. I don't think the program is permanently Nebraska'd. (Hiring Schiano would've made that more likely, though.)

I'm not worried about it yet. Like I said earlier, we're not even in consideration for any of these kids without Pruitt here. Our class was in the 60s when he showed up. If this happens next year then I'll start to worry.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/961326402363523072

So yeah, don't think this Herm Edwards thing is gonna work out

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/Chris_Benjiii/status/961284197611524096

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/961328208888188928

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech's class was tiny and not good.

Kliff's tots gonna get fired next year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I'm confused--I thought this ended up being a really good class for UF?

Jeez, what a bitch. I never understand these parents being assholes to their kids on TV. It isn't their moment.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

I'm confused--I thought this ended up being a really good class for UF?

I don't understand either. It is currently a top-15 class. FSU is the only program in transition with a higher-ranked class, and let's be honest that program was in better shape to begin with.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

I don't understand either. It is currently a top-15 class. FSU is the only program in transition with a higher-ranked class, and let's be honest that program was in better shape to begin with.

I'd take a top 15 class with Mullen coaching them over a top 5 with Mac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Jeez, what a bitch. I never understand these parents being assholes to their kids on TV. It isn't their moment.

scuttlebutt is she wanted him out of florida because he has issues with gang activity. She eventually did come back and was crying, said something to him and they hugged.

• Locked thread