Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Godzilla07 posted:

Mac and Nuss failed to develop offensive talent, and couldn’t deploy said talent properly. Being able to acquire talent without the ability to develop and deploy it properly turns you into Butch Jones’s Tennessee.

Former Gators (offensive players) have done better elsewhere for years now. I would even go so far as to say that it was almost negligent to take in talented athletes who would inevitably fail to thrive in Gainesville. It meant very little to me to see top talent getting recruited once it became clear that the OL wasn't really why the offense stunk.

The AD has implied (in my opinion) that more of a funslinging offense is heading to Florida, so I don't think that we're going to be hurting for receivers once the dust settles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

KKKLIP ART posted:

needs about 6 inches and another 150lbs to play at guard :v:

It's a meme ("I took an arrow to the knee...") from the video game Skyrim.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

I know, I was being obtuse that if he wanted to be a guard after the shot to the knee, he’d need to bulk up

:doh: I should've known that a Skyrim reference would be understood here of all places.

Recruiting chat: I don't fault Mullen for trying to get the nation's top QB. With Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, and Dak Prescott having been mentored by Mullen, what dual-threat QB wouldn't consider playing for him?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

By some miracle, McElwain had the core of a strong recruiting class in place. Mullen seems like he's going to hustle more than Mac ever did. Should be a decent class for the Gators, given the coaching staff changes.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

Why would he go to ole miss?

The money's better, maybe.

Mullen's QBs also have to take a lot of punishment.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21815992/ole-miss-rebels-wr-van-jefferson-transferring-florida-gators

:toot: 4* WR prospect when he was recruited.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

QB is such a need for the Gators. Jones is a good get.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

UGA's schedule for 2018 is kind of a joke.

That out of conference scheduling is some weak poo poo. Those teams don't stand a chance.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

If Jim McElwain had stayed on at Florida, I have to think that this year's recruiting class would have been a complete and total bust.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

He was recruiting well but I think there was a feeling the class would collapse considering how loving awful the team looked.

Besides, a top 15 class under Mullen is way more desirable than a top 5 w Mac.

Ehud posted:

In terms of rankings, we were headed for a top 5 class. But none of that matters because everything else was such a mess.

All of our players were apparently weak, out of shape and underdeveloped weeeeeee!

:vince: I had no idea he was doing that well. At any rate, all the talent on the planet would not have saved that coaching staff.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I don’t think I like this thing where UGA is prob going to be good for a long time fuuuuuuhhh

You're probably correct, but on the other hand UF fell off of a cliff once Urbz had had enough of Gainesville (and once Mullen and Tebow left).

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

When you're busy recruiting you just have to slap random phonemes together and hope for the best.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

lest we forget

But I want to forget. :(

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Winkie01 posted:

Maybe Ohio State could recruit better if the coaches wife didn't get all pissy about players protesting the murder of black people by the cops.

Looking at Ohio State's recruiting I'd say that her views on those protests aren't hurting recruiting at all.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

So as far as recruiting styles go, is Mullen going to be the Harbaugh of the SEC?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

vikingstrike posted:

My hope for the new year is coaches across the country get better fitting khakis. That’s all.

Khakis had their darkest hour with Charlie Weis. It will never be that bad again.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Three safeties and three cornerbacks; did the entire secondary graduate?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I hope he's more Ron Zook than Dabo Swinney.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I'm confused--I thought this ended up being a really good class for UF?

I don't understand either. It is currently a top-15 class. FSU is the only program in transition with a higher-ranked class, and let's be honest that program was in better shape to begin with.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Seems pretty easy to judge the situation from your office watching it online or whatever, you're right, gently caress her she's an awful person.

How the hell do you get there from:

quote:

I guess that's understandable

I'm quite pleased with this Florida class. If, God forbid, Mullen can't run an offense at Florida with these guys and we enter a second decade of poo poo-tier offense then I'll probably just tune out for a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Ehud posted:

Malik Langham is a Gator!

:toot: The rich get richer.

• Locked thread