Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Not everyone even at IMG is a blue chipper. Some of them would probably love an offer from Wake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Eh it's all about the coach. That's what Grobe had going, albeit when the ACC is down. I'm sure Clawson will keep doing well and someone will try to poach him.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
The problem is offers don't mean poo poo nowadays though.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Wildgoose is pretty good, we briefly had him as a commit before his recruitment blew up. Going over ratings from months ago before the sites did their homework is dumb.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

The Notorious ZSB posted:

As he should having the starting job stolen by injury and a 5* #1 in the country coming in behind him. See you at a Big 10 or CUSA school soon Eason! Wouldn't it be hilarious if Richt convinced him to come down to Miami LOLOLOLOLOL

AFAIK every Miami fan thinks this will happen, and every Rutgers fan thinks it happens and Sitkowski (yeah he is a backup for IMG, I don't care) comes home.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Dorian Hardy (4* PSU DE commit) got in a fight with one of his assistant coaches. He plays for Paramus Catholic, which is one of those HS programs that recruits a lot of the nearby high-DI talent and is universally loathed as a result. They're always a circus of drama.

Sounds like Hardy was the instigator, and PSU is going to pull his ship. He already had a bad rep. Guys with this profile usually end up at Temple, or JUCO for 2 years before the SEC.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

This is why PSU needs to be disbanded. Disgusting fans and culture of supremacy.

Huh? I'm a Rutgers fan and hate PSU. I was talking about NJ kids with legal problems, Temple has signed a lot of them.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Dilber posted:

Also, pretty sure it's mutual. He's done real bad at IMG, and was bad before that.

He played in an option before this. Dude was a camp guy with good tools. He's been bad at IMG, but so has their other QB.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
I don't remotely loving care, I am so happy with him.

Now we're trying to get his teammate Jalen Jordan.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

So sad and so true. I think even in our recent years with merely good classes rather than outstanding ones, we were at or near the top of the conference for recruiting. It has not translated into contending for conference titles. And as amazing as the talent level in this class is, it doesn't fully address our areas of great need. We desperately need to get some more D-line dudes before February, and at least one more JUCO OL would sure be nice. Hopefully having all this talent locked up and ready to play alongside them will help us get the rest on board.

There was that talk for years about how Mack would sign all of the top players as juniors and then get super lazy. That's changed, but you guys from afar still seem to have a crazy amount of roster turnover.

Crotch Bat posted:

This is infinitely better for about 115 of the 130 teams or whatever. The only people bitching are the Alabamas, OSUs, etc. who can wait until the literal last minute to get rejected and swoop in and steal someone else's prized recruit leaving them high and dry.

Feels like the best NCAA decision they've made in years.

It's hard to evaluate, because who's to say it's not the best for the kids that they get the opportunity to play elsewhere? Although knowing Bama, they'd get recruited over and forced off the team, and/or it means someone else loses their roster spot.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
It's a way different world though with early signing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

TheGreyGhost posted:

4* LB/DE Javontae Jean-Baptiste to Ohio State.

Lol, this class is preposterous. Whiff on Parsons and Oweh, end up with Smith, Friday, Jean-Baptiste and a development guy regardless. Whiff on a bunch of tackles and sign the #1 guy at the last second.

Parsons is good, and you lost him due to a self-own.

Oweh and Jean-Bapiste are overrated. Oweh is a raw athlete who's done nothing, Jean-Baptiste is just a generic *** being overrated because you can't flip December signees.

• Locked thread