Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

With the divisions in good hands i'll gladly take a brigade. Lucky 13th by preference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Very well then I will take the 15th

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yeah space is an issue. If Sandman is attackin from the east, then that means I would either have to hit it from the north (and get in the way of the 43rd) or move in from the SE and dangle my rear end out there for the Frenchies.

As such I will get working on preliminary orders to provide him support immediately.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of communication. I am here but it's been a really weird week and it's been very tough to get to this. But I do know what I need to do and I will get my orders in just as soon as I get off work tonight.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

19th Division, 15th Brigade Reporting In

Brigade shall inter the map on march order behind 13th Brigade to point on Pasteur Ridge as shown

At witch point the 15th shall take one of two paths. (A/B)

(A).Should 13th's recon come under fire Brigade should wait until the 13th deploys into Ferma de Burre and then deploy as shown.

Once the 13th launches it's attack, Brigade should move to the edge of Burre.

Should the 13th be victorious Brigade should pivot south and move to Final Position
Should the 13th be forced to retreat Brigade should launch a bayonet charge and take the city. After words the Brigade should move on to their Final Position

(B).Should 13th's recon report the all clear, Brigade shall continue on to just north of Baguette and await the 13th's reforming.

After the 13th has moved on Brigade shall move into Baguette and deploy into battle order.

If No fighting is taking place within Croissant Brigade shall deploy SE of the City as shown (or the closest it can manage with it so cramped.)(((Final Position)))

If fighting is taking place in Croissant Stand to and await outcome.

If 13th Brigade should withdraw. Launch a Bayonet charge and take the city. Then move to Final Position

If 13th is victories move south and deploy as shown in Final Position.

Standing Orders.

If enemies are spotted during Attack Stance: Do not engage and continue orders as given.
When attacking: Give them the Bayonet!
If the enemy flees do not pursue.
While Attacking fight until 2/3 strength. When defending, fight to the death!

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Feb 16, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well, that's not ideal.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Trin Tragula posted:

:siren: Turn 7 has ended. It is 1000. Update to come ASAP. Both divisions, stand by to give new orders pending final adjudication. :siren:

"Nah I think I will wait a few hours, make em sweat."

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

steinrokkan posted:

If anybody has any idea what units are their brigade, if any are left, please let me know.

Im pretty sure mine is the one between Croissant and Baguette.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

15th brigade is still in relatively good order. If the don't get blown apart in the next few seconds I can try to move them NW to a better position.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Hrm. Well that sucks. All that just to get killed on turn zero, but with the added bonus of getting to watch 19th be consumed by the French tide just before it overtakes me and being helpless to do anything about it.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Im pretty sure Trin mentioned they can, yes.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Witness Me!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

So what should my guys try to do? Im actually in pretty decent shape, if a bit scattered, so I have some options. I could see if my luck holds out and charge their artillery, or I could try to pull my guys back to add to our defence.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Alright I'm convinced. As per your orders/recommendation I will begin pulling my men back to some location north of croissant. I'll have my orders up later tonight.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

19th Division 15th Brigade Orders up!

Alright men, you've more than done your duty today. Useing some vile trickery the cowardly French launched a surprise attack on our flank that threatened to destroy us, and not only did we survive, but we charged forward and scattered those fools to the wind! After such an act of unparalleled courage there can be only one appropriate follow up.

All units are to fall back to the point shown as best as they are able.

Should they manage this they should take up a position as shown. (or as close as they can manage.)

Change to standing Orders

If engaged by the enemy use Rifle Fire

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 21, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Whelp thats me out of the game, at least we went down fighting. All things considered I think we did alright this turn.

Trin Tragula posted:

They, of course, epic-fail their morale check and rout.

Their orders were to fight to the death! There are going to be a great many court martials in their future.:commissar:

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 22, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Has everyone on our side got a chance to lead? I wouldnt want to screw anyone over.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Tevery Best posted:

Take it with my blessing, I recall you trying to dibs it in roll20 before last turn even, so Ikasuhito will have to wait.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well! That's why I waited a bit to make sure everyone got a fair chance.

Besides I cant really complain that my men went down, they at least had a chance.

Even if Sandman did take the 13th from me after I called dibs :colbert:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Tevery Best posted:

Homework assignment: every commander picks out a youtube clip that best describes their current situation and intent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8IAuli2PDU&t=2m22s

Although this is a bit more accurate for the situation as a whole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The French are trying to dunk us!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Jaguars! posted:

Just wanna confirm that you're referring to the two brigades we already requested and not that we can request more reinforcements? Cause we'd sooo be taking adavantage of that.

Cant loving read, but yeah absolutely we should take advantage of this. Screw the extra points

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Feb 24, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Go runner go!

Don't worry guys, I hear corporal Adolf is the best we have.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Losing that division always made this an uphill battle. We've honestly done better than we probably should have given how hosed we got at the start.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

As that the same cavalry brigade? They made good time in the dark.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5IOICapspM

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

And vice versa. In fact there's a frenchie right above you.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I will gladly continue my service to to the Fatherland in what ever capacity I am needed.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

koolkevz666 posted:

Oh ok guess I'll take an infantry spot then.

You can trade for my spot if you like. I'm perfectly fine either way.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Tevery Best posted:

Hey guys, I brought presents!

Marvelous. I'm far to lazy to do something that looks this good myself, so thanks.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Saros posted:

CAV DIVISION ORDERS:

Okie dokie, I'm on it!

Ed. Uh, Sir.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Please people, bookmark this thread and this thread alone while the game is going. We have lost our drat seer. :negative:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I yet live! I am working on my maps as we speak.

Though I probably wont get anything posted till after work.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

May still need some tweaking after I rest.

Orders up!

Brigade is to enter map in Marching order along Southern road and proceed with all due haste towards Stethoscope.

If Brigade spots enemy Units OR we have become aware of 1st Brigade coming under fire we should deploy in combat formation, head towards enemy and cavalry should Charge the enemy once we are within range. Other assets should halt once they are close enough to engage the enemy and support our assault. Once and enemy has been destroyed Brigade should return to the road at it's nearest point and continue on to Steth.

If Brigade is fired upon it should likewise Charge the enemy while support assets...uh, support

Battle Formation

If the path to Steth is uncontested and/or Brigade has successfully taken town, they are to move into the town and shake out into Battle formation, sans one of three MGs and arty witch will take up positions until Brigade has moved on to Taillis.*

*To be a bit more precise, I want the MG closest to the Brigade Commander to stay in formation as they move south while the other two, plus the arty, stay in the town as shown in the map below.

Brigade should move south to point shown to ensure southern approach is clear.If enemy is spotted Brigade should Charge them until destroyed or they retreat across the river. Once that is done all units should move to Tailis and take up defensive formations as shown.

Standing Orders:
When attacking an enemy: Charge him!
If enemy flees: Run him down!
Brigade should not charge if: Enemy has either been spotted on or chased to Western side of central river.
Break off when: To much depends on us, fight to the death!

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Mar 13, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

:suspense:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

1st Brigade commander to HQ-"Not again!"

Hey Trin you mentioned that the first two ACs "fled", does that mean that they routed, or they just pulled back and now I can't see them?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

oystertoadfish posted:

does ikasuhito have to give orders, or is it just 'try to kill the cars before they kill you, then if you're still alive just sit there and defend the south of steth'?

There is enough going on that it would be prudent for me to post some new orders. So I will in a bit.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Orders up!

The jobs not quite done yet boys. All non support assets must continue the push until the ACs have been swept from the field. Our support should continue to do so.

Once that has been dealt with, we will take one of two paths.

A) If enemy has been destroyed, Brigade should continue on to Taillis as planned and set up along the lines shown in the previous Taillis map as best they can.
B) If the enemy Cav is still active Brigade should Charge to assist 2nd Brigade in destroying them. If we are still alive after all that we are to move on to Taillis as planned and set up along the lines shown in the previous Taillis map as best they can.

Any support unit that cant fire on enemy cavalry during charge should move into the sunken road until they can get los on enemy.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 15, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well baring them getting reinforced real fast it shouldn't be to hard to take back.

And once again i'm knocked out of the game.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I kept waiting for the surprise AC convoy to pop up.

Hey guys I'm still here. I've just been sick as a dog since the last update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

This is going to be great!

• Locked thread