Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Spergatory posted:

I really think that whoever said Archie remains blissfully unaware of the A plot until the others wind up somehow saving him from it might be dead on.

What if... they don't save him from it!!

I mean the show is just called Riverdale and the Archie comics guys have repeatedly gone the route of "lets just kill archie" lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Man, too many people in this thread apparently don't know about the stride gum episode of Smallville.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am going to come out and say I stand strongly against the woods cult theory in that it will dilute the surprise when Sabrina shows up and does magic.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I hope this show slowly evolves into Fred Andrews just teaching all the parents of Riverdale how to be a good parent.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My uncle at CW told me that in an upcoming episode nothing much happens because they have to keep pausing the action so characters explain their references to Archie.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Alice was a character I like but I didn't expect the show to manage to get me to actively cheer for her this quickly after all the lovely stuff she has already done.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
We are watching a show about how much the creator hates syrup.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The Blossoms are like a Gothic verison of the family from Dallas if they had syrup instead of oil.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Chuck is awful but on some level I appreciate that he revels in it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SEX BURRITO posted:

Her lip liner was also very crooked in one scene. Get it together Cheryl!

I know Jughead's dad is a total dud, but shouldn't he have stepped in at the party when the kids were throwing around accusations of incest and sexual assault? Nah, better just stand there and wait for the punches to start flying.

Veronica can do better. :argh:

Well Jughead's dad is also trying to collect all the information he can about what is going down in the town.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

esperterra posted:

I just hope he moves onto Ethel soon. Jughead is the worst part of this show for me.

how could you get this so wrong!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The only legitimate reason why anyone should hate Jughead is if he reminds them of their teenage pretentious self who used to speak that highly of Tarantino movies.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
uhh why would moose explore his bisexuality with ethel there is midge to be introduced in season 2

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, that is the neat thing with the core 4. Betty and Jughead are playing the "achetypes" they kinda are in the comic, while Archie has been made into an idiot for his archetype to fit exist in the world, and Veronica is purposely trying to get past her origin to become the super best friend type.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Cheryl is such a wild card now and I have no idea what is going to happen with her and I am very very excited.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I wouldn't say the Blossoms, didn't the last episode pretty much rule out the mother from Cheryl saw or am I misremembering? So it could still be the father.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its going to be Reggie, and we are going to get a Keyser Sozer montage revealing that he was present in every major scene, just out of sight cackling.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I seriously keep fearing its going to be Kevin and its going to be dumb but the show is not going to let me down like that.

Right show?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
everything i keep saying about syrup when i am talking to my pals about this show keeps ending up more and more right

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
putting my money on their being a syrup golem in this episode

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I love that even though Archie is hero now who will punch through some loving ice the kid is still the biggest idiot.

Ville Valo posted:

No genre-bending twist, and it was Hiram or Hermione, for sure.

That's stupid. The truth is going to get reveal later down the line that Archie was the actual target for the gunman and the mayor is behind it all, duhh.

I'm glad it didn't went straight into paranormal. They are building up to something for sure and I think if it was just zombies it would be kinda disappointing. The show is going places but there are more crazy places than just "zombies"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hey guys, remember when Cheryl wore the dress and it was the greatest scene in television history.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Phylodox posted:

Did someone tell him Madelaine Petsch wasn't really drowning?

D-...does he know he's on TV?

The genre twist is Archie is in a Truman Show

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So the whole Archie origin story thing was already pointed out but I just realize its also sorta the origin story of Cheryl becoming BLAZE in a way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
She really did become Blaze Blossom

• Locked thread