Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why is Reggie not a main character? Reggie is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Unironically love how little agency Archie has

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just like how comic book Veronica is basically two different people and they've chosen to run with "unconditional super-friend" as her main characterization while shunting "petty, vain, and rich" into her backstory

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Man, the cinematography, costumes, and production design on this show are on point. The colors are spectacularly vivid, almost Technicolor in how intense they are. It's the prettiest show on TV since Hannibal ended.

Did you just figure out who killed Jason Blossom?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

esperterra posted:

I just hope he moves onto Ethel soon. Jughead is the worst part of this show for me.

Nah, Shannon Purser is surely a very nice person but assuredly a Bad Actor and would not have been cast as Ethel if #savebarb or whatever wasn't a meme last fall. If she stays she should help Moose explore his bisexuality or something that doesn't make her a focus point.

I've become a big fan of Betty and Jughead, expesially after they just dealt with a minor crisis in their relationship via communication instead of breaking up. I think it's been bolstered because they have chemistry and very good plot reasons to get together (especially since Alice used to be a poor like FP!) But, at the same time, they don't have the best chemistry and I would also be pleased with some sort of plot based on how limited Jughead makes his options (since he's probably not asexual at this point).

Edit: On any Veronica Mars/Riverdale comparisons, lol if you think season 2 will have a bus crash, like put a lampshade on your theories at least

edit edit: Coach Clayton raped Dilton

Mameluke fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 18, 2017

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

rapeface posted:

Also, Betty's actress is :love:

Beyond the biological impossibility of Chloe Sevigny and Blake Lively having a kid, their daughter would not be 20 already no matter what

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah but in the show He had a date with coathanger

No he didn't. Alice talks about how she bore him at the same sanitarium Polly was sent to, and then in the next scene Veronica quips about how there's a big blond hottie out in the wild.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Good I hope he joins the Serpents with Jughead as part of his quest to understand the nature of criminals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Episode 13 exists to show you that all our heroes, and Archie, are going to go through Some poo poo next year (and please don't be put off by the fact that we have a full season order).

• Locked thread