Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

any version of the dualshock controller is for retards and little girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

thomawesome posted:

OoT might be the best game of all time but aLttP is better

this isnt one drat bit contraversial and i say that nicely

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the original xbox, as a piece of hardware, was head and shoulders above the ps2

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

fallout was never good

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Manchild King posted:

The last of us is the most overrated game of the last decade. Cool cutscenes poo poo game.

amen

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Zorodius posted:

The original Deus Ex is a bad game. Human Revolution, however, is a marked improvement in every way.

reported for trolling

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

deus ex invisible war was not, in fact, cancer of the anus

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

basic hitler posted:

Call Of Duty has been complete dogshit since CoD 2. Not Modern Warfare 2, but the WW2 shooter, Call Of Duty 2. Bungee sucks rear end. Blizzard has been total poo poo since the activision merger and hasn't shipped a product worth the packaging it comes in since The Burning Crusade. Bioware sucks and hasn't made a dece game since Mass Effect 2. People who play RPGs to gently caress aliens or mod skyrim to have dicks and titties are creepy and lame.

you fail to realize that cod3 was a complete shitshow of great loving fun

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

basic hitler posted:

I played it on the wii and it was real, real bad.

well, yeah

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the great punchline of CoD3 was that treyarch had no idea what CoD was and made a watered down battlefield game, class based and all. they made some really loving decent levels that had vehicles (tanks and etc) that were really spawn based. it was a hosed up game, but it was really the first modern battlefield game on consoles, even before bad company 1

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

phasmid posted:

Skyrim is what made me so reluctant to play Fallout 4. It's ridiculous how much they've nerfed, oversimplified and generally dumbed down the franchise where you could once fly, climb sheer walls, bash down doors, rig your own trial so a massacre goes unpunished and cast spells big enough to fry entire towns.

But now you get dual wield! And there's dragons!

I swear, if the next game is just another you're-the-chosen-one-gotta-kill-the-dragonking I'm not even going to bother looking at it. Just consign it to the dustbin like fallout.

all bethesda games since morrowind, except skyrim with its visuals, have been a tremendous step back

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

final fantasy 8 owned, legitimately

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

perfect dark is better than goldeneye

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

overwatch is the poor man's, nay, homeless man's with his cardboard sign and duct tape shoes, team fortress 2

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

false

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

my three top zeldas are lttp, links awakening, and ocarina. links awakening is outstanding but it aint no lttp

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dr.Smasher posted:

If you are above the age of 13 and still playing Pokemon, just kill yourself.

*every girl age 18-26 spontaneously combusts*

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the metro games are some of the best narrative FPSs available

I know this is the unpopular opinion thread but they need some propers

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Best zeldas were the SNES one and Zelda 2 on NES

I never played a zelda game after the gamecube windwaker one though but I'm confident in saying the above regardless

everything after majoras mask sucked royal

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

When it came out that Sunless Sea and Cultist Simulator were made by a sexpest I don't recall anyone talking about "separating" those works from their awful creators, a lot of people dropped those games without question. He wasn't even part of the Fallen London (Failbetter) team anymore so Sunless Sea should have been in the clear but that didn't seem to matter

I don't think anyone expects you to thoroughly research a game's developers, but if you happen to know that they're directly holding up someone terrible then you should consider not supporting them. This is one of the only meaningful actions that you can take as a consumer and it takes literally no effort, in fact it's really less than no effort - you just have to not do something. It sounds like Kingdom Come Deliverance was made by a white nationalist so I'm going to not buy it, it's so easy

It’s because those games were bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

Sunless Sea is basically Sid Meier's Pirates with better story hooks, except it punishes you for trying to do boring merchant trader poo poo and rewards you for being a swashbuckling explorer who bangs squid persons

I played it. It’s bad