Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I like Lufia 2 more than Final Fantasy 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

yo i wanna get a ps4 for the exclusives and to play NHL but tbh paying a yearly fee to have a basic function like playing online is some stupid fuckin bullshit and im always like "ehhhhh", like even with the free games and poo poo I'm not going to be playing all of them constantly, I don't get why I should have another dumb bill to pay on top of my other streaming poo poo, not to mention my internet bill in general

also the game boy advance was not good (lol four buttons? even back then I was like :cmon:, just put two more on and it would have been a pocket SNES)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

The entire Dark Souls franchise is nearly unplayable on PC if you care about online stuff. This is up to and including permanent crippling of your character because From never even included basic sanity checks so some guy could hack in "hits from my sword take permanently away your stats without changing your level".

My favorite glitch was IIRC Dark Souls 2 having weapons with half the amount the durability on PC than consoles due to a programming issue or something like that lol

Dark souls 2 was the weakest souls game so whatever though

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

You sound kinda hysterical right now, I was alluding to the posters saying they haven't seen a hacker on PC for decades and trying to convince people there's no problem with cheating in PC multiplayer games.

You got a bone to pick or something man?????

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sports games are both cool and good

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

signalnoise posted:

Music-based possible unpopular opinion: Ys 2 has had the best intro of all time since it was first done, and Falcom's updates have kept it that way, with Persona games almost but not quite getting to its level https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1LTovbZUVs

If you disagree with me on this that's your own fault, idiot

Ys 2 has a good intro and that signature Falcom rock is always dope as gently caress, but tbh my favorite opening of all time is still Resident Evil: Outbreak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HcxMvprYa0

If someone ever did a movie strictly about the final days of RPD or something I would want them to lift this wholsesale, music and everything, so loving good and captures the atmosphere perfectly

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Panzeh posted:

The RPD level in Outbreak is an absolute dick move bonanza especially online where the items are randomized, and especially when people don't know what to do.

Yeah it owned

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol drat that's harsh

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Marlboro for Cats posted:

okay, everyone saying the Genesis sound chip is actually good is trolling. It sounds incredibly harsh even in the hands of a great sound designer; for everyone else, it's like listening to a transformer short out after seagulls flew into it.

I always thought it sounded like a lovely sound blaster using samples of fart sounds

SNES had the superior audio, sorry

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The steam controller let me play Medieval 2 Total War on a couch on a 70 inch screen without an awkward mouse+kb setup, so yeah I agree, it's good

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

IDONTPOST posted:

There never was nor ever will be a good Sega game

Virtua Fighter 2 mother fucker

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Why the gently caress is there not a new Virtua Fighter out by now, that pisses me off

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

VR is fun

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Tank controls are fine

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

MGS Peace Walker wasnt that good and had an incredibly boring villain and the worst most tedious boss fights in modern game history

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ogre Battle 64 justified the existence of the N64

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

1redflag posted:

GUN was superior to Red Dead Revolver

yeah

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

overwatch is weird and its fans are weird and everything about it is weird

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Instantly reminded of this piece of gold https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724797&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

bradzilla posted:

I bought the remake of the original and it is indeed garbage.

lol do you mean you actually paid money for THPS HD or the version that came out on the original xbox

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

oh dope posted:

The first Mass Effect game was fun and cool. Just look up maps for the planet exploration parts and they're not that bad..

I like that it still felt RPG-rish whereas ME2 just went straight cover-shooter with some very very mild RPG elements and did neither well, IMO

ME1 also had a decent story and ME2 took a loving nosedive with poo poo from the first game just flat out ignored or pushed aside in favor of a cast of characters that about 80 percent of which just had some variation of "I HATE MY DAD" as their background, how riveting

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

perfect dark in an emulator with that m+kb mod makes it fantastic imo

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

Descent 2's cutscenes have yet to be topped

Dravis you son of a-

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Descent 2's Redbook audio soundtrack is perfection

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dross posted:

This is the wrongest any copywriter has ever been.

vv no, there were no good N64 games not made by Nintendo vv

Ogre battle 64 was dope

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

Is there an unpopular movie opinions or perhaps just a general unpopular opinions thread somewhere because im sitting on some big ones

check pyf

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

not so much an endorsement as it is a suggestion tbh

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

The narrator in Space Quest VI was worth it.

Gary Owens is great in that and IV

Your utterances fall on uninterested aural organs.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

CrRoMa posted:

They have excellent writing and are also 20 plus years old

as a "game" planescape: torment is a loving clunky mess and should probably just be a text adventure if it's gonna make me read all that poo poo

would love to see that setting explored within a well-designed game tbh, because the story is good but I would never suggest anyone suffer through that poo poo just to read it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Simcity 2000 was the best one

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

the original Sims was the best one

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

SimCopter was entertaining as hell and it needs to be revived, complete with the ability to import SimCity maps, that's cool as gently caress and it sucks it hasn't been done since

SimTower was awesome too

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

SimCopter was the most fun terrible game.

fly to military base
hijack apache helicopter
fire missle into nuclear power plant
result: :eyepop:

first time I did that I laughed my rear end off

those megaphone quotes are burned into my brain too

GET MOVING YOU STUPID IDIOTS!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

olives black posted:

Myst sucks. The Journeyman Project came out in the same year and kicks the poo poo out of it in every conceivable way.

EDIT: Well, the Turbo! version does anyway. That came out a year later, but that was just a performance fix iirc

:respek: my man

The Journeyman Project is a cool series and it's a shame no one has tried rebooting it or at least done something, anything with it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

olives black posted:

Are the 2nd and 3rd ones worth playing? I just beat Doom 2016 on Nightmare and I'm jonesing for something a little different

imo, both are definitely worth a shot if adventure games are your thing, Buried in Time has a built-in walkthrough mode IIRC if you get stuck on puzzles too

the third game, legacy of time, has a far better interface and the suit lets you talk to people in the past

the opening to BiT is cool because it doesn't waste any time throwing you right into what's happening, you get a brief recap\epilogue from the first game and then bam, a future you comes back and tells you you've been framed, here's your suit, sending ya back into the past to try to solve this poo poo, cya

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Celeste is a weak copy of Journey. Inferior graphics, music, gameplay and story.

agreed, also shadow of the colossus is a weak copy of metal slug

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Thy Flesh Consumed loving owns, get good!!!!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Saints Row 3 loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Best hockey game is Blades of Steel, mother fuckers

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 9, 2020