Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Drunk Canuck posted:

gently caress the Yankees
gently caress the Red Sox
gently caress the Orioles
gently caress the Royals
gently caress the Rangers
gently caress the Cardinals
gently caress the Angels
gently caress your teams prospects

I am mildly interested at the outcome of deciding the Jays bullpen.

Alternatively, go yankees bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

N:

elentar posted:

Dunno if it's his best shape but it's a goddamn beautiful one all the same

V: Bartolo Col-owns.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bartolo is literally one of my favorite yankees of all time and he pitched 160 innings of yankee baseball.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Man remember when Johan Santana murdered his arm to deliver a no-hitter to the Mets and then basically never pitched again.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I was expecting that to be really dumb but it actually owned.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Uh... cool? I don't really see why we would ever need Chris Carter but he'll mash some taters I guess.

e: I guess this means they have no faith in Tyler Austin?

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 16, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Also if that were a real Greg Maddux prank he would have rear ended Bryants Rental Car and spit tobacco all over him afterwords.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Also reminder to everyone that over a seven year span maddux did this:

He owned.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Apparently Yordano Ventura's Toxicology report won't be made public according to Dominican Officials, which could lead to some interesting issues regarding the Royals paying out the remainder of his contract to his estate or not.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This string of active MLB players dying is really a bummer, since 2006 there have been 8 players who have died while having an active MLB career. That's kind of nuts.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

you HIT my PITCH

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Moncada's kid's bat flip game is starting out strong.

https://twitter.com/PlayBall/status/832620644248412165

:kimchi:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

always assumed the Royals would overpay like 5/75 for Hosmer, but loving lol if he thinks he is worth 10 years and any amount more than 15 million a year.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

tadashi posted:

This is awesome:

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/741771...dbpr=3058150694

Home movie footage of Ted Williams coaching a young Mike Piazza on hitting.

This owns. Also Mike Piazza's forhead is so big (Steroids???!?!??!)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I honestly don't even know what an argument against a non-instant intentional walk is, other than that cool thing Miggy did once.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

bah god back in my day I wasted 30 seconds of my life watching 4 meaningless pitches and I liked it!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Unironically glad this will literally never happen in the MLB.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

:smith:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Or maybe we're just annoyed at Manfred pushing a bunch of asinine rule changes that do nothing to actually address the length/pace of a typical game.

I would argue that keeping IBB the way they are is completely asanine.

Like yes, it does not address the actual issue of length of game but it removes a completely boring thing that literally no one outside of maybe 1% of baseball fans enjoy watching.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Pitchers batting 8th is incredibly my poo poo.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

At this point I'm like 99% sure Maddon posts in SAS

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

YeahTubaMike posted:

V: Colby Rasmus is married, and I'm not. :smith:

loving lol

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If anything, testicles get in the way of regular sporting activities way more than breasts would.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Phonoxen posted:

It is bizarre to me that Mike Trout is only 25 and is already demonstrably one of the best players to have ever played the game, the dude has two MVPs and three second-place finishes in those five years, and people barely care the same way they do about, say, LeBron

It doesn't help that he's kind of bland though

Trout has only played on terrible teams, is not a huge personality, and plays a sport where the one guy can swing a team the least out of every major sport.

Even the way he dominates the game is kind of boring. He is great to amazing at nearly everything baseball related, but he doesn't do anything incredibly remarkable or amazing. He has great power, not historically great power. He plays great defense, but not historically great, he's a great baserunner, but... you get the picture.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

bewbies posted:

A bunch of the biggest sports legends of all time ever in America were baseball players, it isn't like there's something fundamental to the game that precludes superstardom. I think it is just a combination of ineffective marketing and hangover from McGwire/Bonds.

I still think it's because he is just great at everything and not amazing at one thing. He's never hit 50 home runs, 200 hits, stolen a huge amount of bags. He is just great accross the board which is way harder to market than Bonds hitting a billion dingers.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

David Price is dead.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Fuuuuck please dont need TJS.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lol has a persons entire career been effectively ended by a rule change before? The odds of this fringe reliever dude relearning his delivery from scratch seems extremely low.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Your Taint posted:

It's just stunning to me how the Cubs whiffed this badly on him, when other teams didn't want anything to do with him because they knew he had a hole in his swing.

The gently caress? Hayward was increadibly highly regarded by a ton of teams and got a huge amount of offers. This is some of the craziest revisionist history I've ever seen.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Like what kind of hole did you live in that you think the Cubs were the only team chasing Hayward lol

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jason Heyward is basically the worst baseball player in the history of the game.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dr. Remulak posted:

Because he'd toss one at a rookie for bat flipping on him? Are you guys that soft?

I'm all for bat flips and celebrating and poo poo talking, it makes the game more fun for the viewer, but if you're a young gun doing that to a pitcher you know exactly what you're signing up for.

haha yeah I assault people all the time when the beat me in a sporting event. high five buddy!!!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dr. Remulak posted:

Such weird outrage.. It's been a part of baseball for quite some time.

Racism was a huge pet of baseball too, we should just go back to the good old days!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dr. Remulak posted:

You're comparing racism to throwing a ball at a guy? Is that really the argument you're making?

My point is, is that just because something is "Part of the game for a long time" doesn't make it good. It can be bad.

Arrietta should punish that rookie by striking him out and making him look like an idiot, not physically harming him because he is a big baby man child. Instead he is going to intentionally throw at someone, which could injure him, hurt his team, create a situation where other players may get involved all because his dumb ego got hurt.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Please rename thread title "Tebow Tootblan" thnx in advance

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

loving what?

This is starting to get kind of pathetic. It's like the MLB is so desperate that it's sucking the soiled run off water from the NFL.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 9, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I am so bummed I have to deal with him on my team for the next 3 or 5 years!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Your Taint posted:

Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of defending our title.

That's Cub. :)

lol one title in your lifetime, that's cute.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Ice To Meet You posted:

Okay let's be clear, the Yankees are also bad. And the Cardinals, and Diamondbacks, and also Braves and the Rangers, they're bad too.

Yeah this checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Thoroughly enjoying finally being the powerful team everyone hates for once.

That's Cub.

(That's also Blackhawk)

I like the cubs, just a bunch of their posters here are awful.

Like watching the cubs right now reminds me of what it was like growing up watching those late 90s Yankees teams where a billion prospects just hit at the right time. Being a kid cubs fan right now must be so cool.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 10, 2017

• Locked thread