Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Let's start 2017 off right with some pitchface.

It's no Zombie Jeff Karstens, but we're just getting started here.

Have some Rosey shitface, I mean pitchface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Oh Rick.... :smith:

http://www.12up.com/posts/4603000-rick-ankiel-admits-he-drank-alcohol-before-starts-to-calm-down?a_aid=40030

Anxiety is a bitch.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Manfred is awful.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Gonna miss Jim Joyce's strike calls.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Explosionface posted:

Yeah, I think that's also why Anthony Rizzo, who is decidedly average or slightly lower on speed ends up with stolen bases fairly often.

The same way Yadier Molina led the Cardinals with 12 steals a few years ago.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

Really not feeling blond Baez, especially since the Mets made rally bleaching a thing.

It took a while to get used to blond Carlos Martinez last year, but now I kinda miss it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Crazy baseball story of the day goes to Jose Abreu:

http://www.12up.com/posts/4649466-jose-abreu-reveals-he-literally-ate-his-fake-passport-while-sneaking-to-america?a_aid=40030

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

:rip: David.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

rule changes for 2017:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Does that second to last one mean the dude with the jumping delivery is hosed now?

Carter Capps? I think so...

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Mike_V posted:

Why the gently caress are they banning outfield markers? Who cares. Is it because positioning players cuts down on offense?

Manfred hates shifts and wanted to ban them all together.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Edit: nvm

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Giants 1B coach Jose Alguacil was hit in the head by a foul line drive and airlifted to a hospital :(

It's too bad because he's by all accounts a terrific guy.

Hopefully he doesn't lose his sight like Juan Encarnacion did. :(

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Pancakes posted:

I can't even pretend to be excited about the Blues.

:smith::hf::smith:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Mike_V posted:

lol if you babies haven't been pissed off at the Blues for your entire lives.

Oh no, I have been. Don't even get me started on Mike Keenan.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Mike_V posted:

What a terrible time it must have been being a Bulls fan in the 90s.

Anyways, have the Cardinals decided how they're going to handle Molina/Kelly? I assume Matheny is going to run Yadi out there to start for 150 games.

This year, Yadi as much as possible, Kelly in AAA. after this year, who knows. They want to extend Yadi, no idea how that is gonna work with Kelly around and close to ready.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Poque posted:

They're donating to Merkins Of Hope.

Some poor kid will finally get the fire crotch they deserve.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

will_colorado posted:

N: Eddie Rosario just did this in the DR/PR WBC game:

https://twitter.com/MLBNetwork/status/841822432122032128

V: dragon status: unleashed.

Holy poo poo :love: Yadi.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Indians released Wily Mo Pena.

The dream is dead... for now.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Pancakes posted:

When I see you posting in the N/V tread I hope that it's a Yadi extension. Stop toying with my heart. :sigh:

Sorry buddy.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Pancakes posted:

When I see you posting in the N/V tread I hope that it's a Yadi extension. Stop toying with my heart. :sigh:

GOOD NEWS!

Cards and Yadi are finalizing an extension right now! :snoop:

edit: 3 years, at least $55m.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Kozma made the Yankees opening day roster lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Pancakes posted:

Kozma and Holliday together again. When's the next time the Angels play the Yankees? Somewhere Andrelton Simmons just woke up drenched in a cold sweat.

I'm having flashbacks of dickshots and infield flys.

• Locked thread