Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Paul Zuvella posted:

Man remember when Johan Santana murdered his arm to deliver a no-hitter to the Mets and then basically never pitched again.

I remember when he got locked up in the Citifield on-site dungeon for assaulting his father in law or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

tadashi posted:

I thought that was KRod. Well, it happened to KRod, I dunno if Johann did it, too.

Ah I think you might be right. My bad.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tom Gorman posted:

Soon we will have pitchers with a deliveries like cricket bowlers, sprinting to home plate and then throwing from 20ft away

We need to stop this before it gets out of hand

I smell a Happy Gilmore 2 screenplay.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Moncada's kid's bat flip game is starting out strong.

https://twitter.com/PlayBall/status/832620644248412165

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Since we're doing little league chat, for my birthday my wife bought me this display case for my 3 little league home run balls. :3:

I still remember my dad booking it from the opposite field bleachers into the woods to retrieve that grand slam ball.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm looking for a MLB.tv group too. Is there a thread for that in Coupons or something?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

That seems like a bargain.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
After every pitch the mount moves away from the batter at ~6"/min. Faster working pitchers get an effectively faster pitch.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Corporate retreats to escape rooms as team building exercises own.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

32 CS in 95 attempts from 2008-2010. I never understood how someone so fast could be so bad at stealing bases.

I'm guessing the ability to get good leads and break at the right time dwarfs the time saved from running a couple MPH faster than another guy.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Popete posted:

Players who have greasy hair and scraggly beards are great, they embrace the fact they've made it in life. They are being paid millions of dollars to play baseball and don't have to give a poo poo about how they look and I think it's fantastic. Colby Rasmus should be looked up to in this regard, more mullets well we're at it.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tom Gorman posted:

1) Definitely not
2) I thought that was Carl Everett, but if Sheffield doesn't believe in dinosaurs either I'm gonna have to switch stances. Something more normal, like Jim Leyritz or Tony Batista.

You're not hitting .300 in beer league softball? The mendoza line is like .430.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Sydin posted:

As does the NBA, and the NHL, and pretty much any other major sport. Baseball is just terrible at marketing their players in general. And then when Harper tried to self promote himself last year, he got completely and utterly poo poo on from every direction. Guys like Kershaw/Harper/Trout/Bryant/etc should be plastered everywhere as the faces of the brand.

My roommate and I are going to drive down to see an Angel's game this year, the only reason being we realized that neither of us had ever seen Mike Trout in person and it was our duty as baseball fans to go at least once so we could say we saw one of the best players of all time in their prime.

The NBA is incredible at promoting its stars, what the hell?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Sydin posted:

That's... what I was trying to say? Almost every other major sport besides the MLB is fantastic at promoting stars, even on teams that are otherwise not good.

My bad, sorry.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Trout is noticeable in a crowd just based on his ridiculous neck girth.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Fuuuuck please dont need TJS.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Your Taint posted:

What does that "no markers on the field for reference to fielders" thing mean?

It means that hill in center field for the Astros is finally illegal like God intended.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
That is so obviously not OK.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

howe_sam posted:

They’re like, ‘Your elbow is extremely unique. It’s found a way to kind of heal itself.’ So it’s pretty neat.”
__________________________________________/

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Gonz posted:

My 94 year old grandmother recently asked me to go through some large bins full of stuff that she has from long ago, and throw away what she didn't want anymore, and in the process of doing so, I stumbled on this pennant from the year 1944. This is rad as hell and i'm thinking about having it framed.

drat, Tim Wakefield had a hell of a career.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

tadashi posted:

This is great.

Also, there's a dude on this season of MTV's The Challenge who looks like a young Arod when he's looking right at the camera and I really hope he wins and then shouts "How does it feel to be poor, motherfuckers?" at the other contestants.

I still think Greyworm from GoT looks like a young A-Rod.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Make HBPs an automatic 2 bases like a ground rule double. That would cut down on that bullshit.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Pancakes posted:

"On the next episode of Fielder's Choice..."

lol

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If I saw someone wearing the one for the Netherlands, I'd think he was a Peugeot fan.

I would figure it was just an Express hat.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Good Dog posted:

"Touch 'em all time" is the worst call in baseball.

If hypothetically a player hit a home run but tore both achilles in the process and literally couldn't walk would he still need to touch em all for the run to count?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

The Pussy Boss posted:

Heyman's saying Sandoval won the 3rd base job.

Kung Fu Panda rides again :cool:

I assumed this was a given when they sent Shaw packing.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I want David Price to actually have wolverine's muscle tissue in his left shoulder/elbow and be OK.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Senf posted:

In celebration of 50 years in Oakland and of the Raiders moving away, the A's unveiled a new 80-foot-tall mural they commissioned from the Illuminaries, a trio of local artists that are all really, really good at what they do. They even let fans sign the bottom of the mural.

Pretty drat cool. New ballpark announcement should happen in the next few months, too.

Finally.

I wonder what these guys would charge for a smaller mural on the side of my house.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Popete posted:

Alright that's pretty funny.

Just smh if you don't do this at home while waiting for the shower to heat up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Indians released Wily Mo Pena.

The dream is dead... for now.

Dude should go join Manny's team in Taiwan.

• Locked thread