Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

This anti-Trump hysteria here is reaching a fevered pitch. The guy just wanted to give you a job

you should read the D&D thread, it's a nonstop meltdown of either manic episode optimism "FLYNN WILL CAUSE AN IMPEACHMENT DO WE HAVE THE VOTES?!?!?" or depressive defeatism "THE WORLD IS hosed OH GOD NOTHING WILL EVER BE GOOD AGAIN"

if i were a political person the nonstop wailing and crying would make me a trump supporter out of spite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hey we are making fun of Godlikeproductions now, that's one of the craziest loving websites in existence.

It's where I go to find out about how the lizard annanuki are living in the holographic moon causing the earthquakes in Oklahoma from beneath the Denver airport by networking the HAARP array with the living embodiment of the universe (what you mortals refer to as jesus with your non lizard brains)

It's pure intuition based reasoning from some of the dumbest people on the planet.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

old fat bird posted:

lol, all the lame Hillary supporters are sourcing offsite quotes because all of the Trump goons are making them looks like mouth breathers

Wait, i thought they were just making fun of GodlikeProductions.

Using one of the craziest websites in existence as examples of trump supporters?

Does that mean I can go find a forum full of people that believe they can live on sunlight talking about Hillary and go "Hillary supports, am i right :jerkbag:"

Some of those same people being used to mock trump supporters also think they are literally jesus and/or time travelers from the future astral projecting backwards in time.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ape Fist posted:

Its almost as though now people on the Left who don't like Trump get to source quotes of the absolute batshit crazy wing-nuts as examples of 'The New Right' in a fashion similar to the way everyone on the Right got to source batshit crazy left-wing-nuts and as examples of the Left. Then again ring-wing-nuttery has always been there and a pretty great source of comedy but with Trump embracing people like Alex Jones it really brings this whole thing to the forefront and it's honestly pretty great.

or craziness transcends political affiliations and you can't generalize your pet causes or the causes you are against based on the attributes of each individual 0.0000000000000000001% you drag under a microscope

Ape Fist posted:

This is pretty much the default position of anyone pro-Trump though. If you don't like Trump you're some sort of Hillary Shill cashing in your George Soros dollars. It is possible to not like either of them.

well i guess you can keep generalizing, cool.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't been following politics but radio ads started playing here with the dramatic music overlaid like

"Did you know that the healthcare bill in congress has an age tax? Congress is trying to punish you for being old as gently caress. They want to charge you $8,400 for being old. Get mad.

Paid for by the AARP"

So I guess republicans have pissed off their bread and butter or something?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's weird that when you are 60+ and require vastly more medical care, to the point where the entire system is built around you, that you might be expected to pay a logical amount more for your increased usage of the healthcare system.

Oh no, Danny Diabetes that has a weekly doctors appointment and $120,000 surgeries twice a year will be expected to pay more than a 20 year old who has never gone to the doctor?!?!

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm down for Logan's Run society if I can join the resistance when my crystal turns red.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i want to thank a bunch of different somethingawful posters for having a multiple months long meltdown spewing impotent rage and the most elaborate hyperbole they can think of.

This has made my voting decision easier for the next presidential election, Trump 2020.

*checks D&D*

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

No, I'm fairly sure it's still the wholesale treason and attempts at literally destroying society.

Hmmm yes all of the wholesale treason and "literal attempts to destroy society" such as

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

-noted idiot savant Ben Carson is in charge of HUD
-Rick perry ...holy lmao
-Rex tillerson , shill of putin , our Secretary of State
-Betsy Devos
lol get this: the orange man from tv who yell at people is our president

The leader of the United States tweets immature , ignorant and embarrassingly childish things constantly and you red hats have noooo problem with this . He has no idea how government works and thinks he can be good bros with Putin and just double dick the world . But nooooo, her emails

nice meltdown but i'm not a "red hat" or whatever, I've just decided to vote against soggy baby tantrums.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Killed the TPP
Making NATO countries pay their fair share
Letting ICE do their job and deport criminals
Increase funding to the VA
Place lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying for foreign governments

All in less than 3 months. He isn't stopping either. He will fulfill every single campaign promise.

K, now name something good Hillary has done ever in her life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Checkmate

:smug:Regressives.:smug:

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

if i label my enemy enough, surely they'll go away

maybe it works for them.

The D&D thread is people just tirelessly setting up strawmen and dunking on them 24/7 over and over and over so maybe people get something out of it.

Maybe it makes the people that were posting diatribes about crying themselves to sleep every night and getting anxiety/anti-depressant prescriptions specifically because of the election feel better to impotently gnash their teeth and stomp their feet while labeling or shouting at anyone that gets in the way.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

what does that say about you, red hat

Piss de Bundy posted:

to a red hat

Piss de Bundy posted:

and you red hats

Piss de Bundy posted:

you are probably extremely spiteful.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i haven't stated my political opinion or which party I vote for, so you labeling anyone that doesn't agree with you a "Red Hat" is both weird and makes my point for me the more you do it

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

"If I label my enemy as a coward commie traitor for eight to thirty years as a purely political move with zero base in reality maybe they'll go away"

"Mmm daddy trump your cock tastes so good please go deport a few more Mexicans from a hospital or grade school"

"What do you mean the only doctor who will come out and work in rear end gently caress nowhere was a Muslim"

keep going with your weird nonsensical fanfic, I'm almost there

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

lol what does this even mean

you want a different label if you support trump? we have plenty

http://nypost.com/2017/03/19/guy-wearing-trump-hat-sues-bar-for-refusing-to-serve-him/

look at dis special widdle snofwake melting down and suing the bar cuz they wouldn't serve him

Jukebox Hero posted:

My weird nonsensical fanfic made of things that happened

-deports parents at schools and patients at hospitals
-doctors for remote rural regions are having their papers revoked and are being forced to leave

So I guess the thing about how scum can't stop choking on trumps cock is fake except in a metaphorical sense

Like you could have just said 'FAKE NEWS' and we'd all understand you just didn't like it and are crying about it

i find it hard to believe people wouldn't want to be on "your team" or whatever. just downright strange. weird even.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Piss de Bundy posted:

so what part about trump do you like the most, is it i his twitter meltdowns, his support of alex jones, is it his caked on orange makeup? is it his shady ties with russia, or is it when ICE deports grandma out? what part of trump being president is good.

it is this post, right here.

I think if you actually start to truly understand that you might being to understand why you have the president that you do.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Man, seriously? Didn't you hear? Your own grandmother is about to be dragged from her home in the middle of the night and thrown in a concentration camp and it's all your fault for not wishing death upon The Trump

I'm getting Bush/Rumsfeld flashbacks from their "Terrible weapons of Terror and Mass Destruction. Death Terrible Mass Destruction Terror Terrible Terror Weapons" language for their speeches for awhile.

"Hatred Racist Destroying Society Xenophobic Misogynist. Hate Hate Brown Shirts Nazi Hitler Hate Terrible Piss Orange Hitler Nazi Racist Racist Misogynist. Treason Racist Xenophobia Jackboot Nazi Orange Piss Treason."

Applying that to literally anyone that doesn't explicitly agree with you in terms acceptable to you is totally the way to win hearts and minds though.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tallgeese posted:

That is why personal charisma is important.

Trump had enough that he could convince people who otherwise wouldn't think so that the investigations of him were biased or themselves corrupt.

Clinton, on the other hand, lacked this ability and attempted to make up for it with a finely honed political organization and celebrity endorsements.

One example I always like to bring up in relation to Clinton's charisma is this one

quote:

During the Democratic debate Saturday, moderator David Muir referenced a 2007 Fortune magazine cover that said "Business Loves Hillary" and asked if corporate America should still love her in 2016.

"Everybody should," Clinton quipped, earning laughs from the audience.

"The CEOs of large multinationals may like Hillary," Sanders said. "They ain't gonna like me and Wall Street is going to like me even less."

Anyone could have seen what people want to hear, yet she just laughed and made a dismissive joke about it. That was actually incredibly off putting. Maybe a real loving answer? It doesn't matter that she went on to say that rich people don't pay their fair share. Laughing at the question and mocking the idea of the blatant corruption everyone knows exists to try and create charisma forcefully does the exact opposite.

If you truly had Charisma you'd be able to direct the conversation and make jokes when appropriate. Maybe bring some gravitas to the situation and stress the importance of wall street as an issue because real people will resonate with that. Nope. Weird and off-putting pageant smiles and inappropriate jokes like you are an alien in human skin that doesn't understand our customs.

That's the entire reason Donald Trump won, he was a lovely despicable human among a sea of animatronic political robots waving their hands and woodenly changing cassette tapes from REPUBLICAN ECONOMICS A and DEMOCRAT JOBS E.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Oh wait, Trump supporters think coal is clean, so it will just clean the rivers, duh.

I really don't think the coal thing is an argument for it being clean, but it's somehow been pushed by republicans into the mythos of being "American." "Jobs, Coal Jobs Jobs Coal Coal Jobs Jobs Coal"

So right alongside the summer picnics with hotdogs and hamburgers, eagles, fireworks, trucks, the american flag, and country music you now have coal miners/coal.

It's really weird. The obvious real reason is that the coal industry has enough money to lobby people who have investments in the coal industry already to make favorable legislation so they can keep making more money. But it's probably important to be more mindful of the stupidity you are facing and not generalize it as "They are so dumb they think coal is clean" being the entire issue.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Homestar Runner posted:

lmao at all of u

A weird way to interact with the thread but the posting equivalent of that fat guy covered in boils from Dune floating around the thread laughing at it is okay I guess

3/10

Piss de Bundy posted:

*bends down, as if im talkig to a 5 year old* hate speech isnt protected speech in many parts of the world, and its bad

you have the right to say whatever you want, but dont be surprised when you get punched for being a nazi

nazis are bad people and they only understand violence

Did you ever consider, mister condescending idiot, that sometimes the people deciding what classifies as "protected" or "prohibited" may not agree with you?

Weird thought, I know, but maybe sometime your face gets kicked in because you said "Hello" to someone and the majority of people involved decide that it's okay because of some criteria they find acceptable but you don't agree with.

Maybe flailing your little bitch arms and your terrible child like arguments will no longer be completely impotent and ineffective and instead get you some street justice that is apparently alright as long as a majority of people agree with the decision.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 22, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Homestar Runner posted:

ok good joke but irl i rock a bodacious rig + six pack abs that can grate literal cheese and have a smokin hot girlfriend. how bout u

i feel like you have to back up that ab comment with proof you can literally grate cheese with them and I can bench more than you Baron Douchekonen

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

At least with poo poo like this it'll start fracturing the self righteous left, hopefully toward some kind of actual progress in message.

"YEAH. gently caress DONALD TRUMP. EVIL RACIST MISOGYNIST ORANGE HITLER NASA FUNDING MOTHER FUCKER gently caress NASA......wait what?"

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:allears:

This kinda stuff makes me really curious how 100% emotional leftwing people consider their reasoning and judgement somehow better than people from the right they call stupid.

Trump is an idiot and the poo poo he is doing isn't all good, but I'd argue for things like targeting marijuana actually being good things by dragging an issue to the fore of national discussion while they will never be able to prohibit it.

Yet people who fly into a frothing rage at the word "Trump" because psychologically it represents everything they don't like in the world now are somehow more rational and better able to dictate policy in the world why exactly?

Honky Dong Country posted:

NASA has needed money for a long godamn time. I think these are the first posts in this poo poo thread that have actually made me angry. Like what kind of piece of poo poo can't get behind NASA getting more loot? I mean gently caress, they're one of the cheapest drat things in our budget and they still manage to develop cool poo poo. Give em' more loving money and let's just see what happens. Hell even with this increase they're still cheap as gently caress.

This is where everyone realizes that everyone is stupid basically. People talking poo poo about NASA because they have to be upset at the guy making the decisions no matter what are exactly the same as republicans that sandbagged Obama's presidency.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 22, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
cut some cheese on them abs chief or shut the gently caress up

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
anyone can mash some parmesan against their stomach you need to cut up some goddamn sharp cheddar or muenster

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the climate is completely hosed and there is no way to stop it now even if we had the most progressive administration in history so what's the point in cataloging exactly how hosed we are?

He wants to send a token mission to Mars I'm all for it. Who cares if we won't be able to monitor sea level rise or artic ice thickness in 2026.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

basically i was okay with either winning; i guess i was kinda starved for a sense of presidential effectiveness after 8 years of obama :smith:

I can see the hopelessness in doubting that anything will be done because personally the creepy robot factor is hugely disconcerting. These people come off as false and fake so much that you know nothing is going to change, they have their own agendas and everything they are saying may as well not be said because it is plainly explicit lies. So why should I expect any of them to be effective at doing anything?

Paul Ryan in the VP debates was giving high school speech-read-from-cards levels of personal anecdotes that were designed specifically to make him endearing and it just creeped me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NPbONscMMI&t=80s
(1:30 or so when he inserts a weird short laugh with a blank face)

Seeing Romney in his debates with Obama where he was literally running some kind of DOS based AI program or something, and then the 2016 primaries where republicans were basically just trying to out act each other and ham it up while chewing scenery.

Hillary was entirely weird fake laughs and pageant smiles and she just looked crazy half the time. That poo poo is transparent as gently caress. Bitch you aren't telling me what you are going to do and you are telling me the things you should do, meaning you aren't going to do what you should do.

Trump should have never been president but I at least understand why he resonated with people, even if at a subconscious level, because despite being a bloviating retard he was still acting like a human and actually saying real things. The fact those things were ignorant and terrible doesn't change they were actual real things he honestly thought and in this instance actual honesty and terrible humanity beat out his insect-in-a-human-suit-laughing-at-humons opponent.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think everyone should punch everyone else now just to be safe

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

World War Mammories posted:

you aren't the "billionaire" owner of the building with your name plastered all over it, you aren't president of the united states, and your team doesn't keep getting implicated in russian criminal schemes, so

i think we disagree on what the word "implication" means

World War Mammories posted:

after all, who doesn't live in their own personal building and ends up with a couple russian money laundering rings operating out of them, that's just everyday american life

I think If i had my own building with dozens of floors and sold space to anyone with money then yes I could probably have this happen to me as I'm not an omniscient being that knows what happens in every square inch of my retail properties.

Call me crazy though. This is obviously Vladimir Putin operating out of New York. The puppet strings run right up outside the building everyone JUST LOOK

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 22, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

trump has been president for 2 months

which should probably tell you where the protests, screaming, apocalyptic blubbering, crying and literal mental breakdowns from the left are coming from

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
before that weird idiot appears in a puff of smoke like a retard genie calling me a "red hat"

i am not political and ascribe to no party. I however can comment on the rampant protests of a president before they take office and the embarrassing mental breakdowns documented on these very forums where people are needing therapy and prescriptions to deal with things that haven't happened.

I'm autism party, we kinda stress the details. We, however, aren't good with emotions and kinda want to argue with people that are putting up purely, irrational, emotional viewpoints and trying to pass them off as intellectual, logical, objectively right facts while being smug douches about it.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It is indeed something that never happens in the world. People never protest against what they perceive as potential threats. It is purely irrational and not something that should be tolerated.

It's not like Trump was elected based on promises, based on a program, so people could actually express their disagreement with said program before it gets enforced.

Don't make other peoples arguments for them if you want to be so condescending at the same time. Nobody said people can't or don't protest, just that almost none of the protesting had anything to do with those issues and were entirely based off of trump being trump. Pure crying for cryings sake.

Which is my right to call out as bullshit, as it's their right to cry in the streets.

quote:

in that case you shouldn't act like you know what motivates people (emotion or logic) because you are ill-equipped to do so

Autism is SA's bread and butter so I wouldn't throw shade mister high horse

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:qq: :qq: :qq:

that's you

that's how you talk

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Panzeh posted:

I don't think it's that weird that people protest after a hotly contested election?

It's not really the duty of people who oppose trump to just sit there and do nothing, quite the opposite. I'd have a lot less respect for people who stopped opposing him after the election.

the idea that the other guy isn't picking up on is that you connect the therapy, prescriptions and impotent bitter internet rage to the parts of the protesting/protestors that apply to that. Which is not zero percent.

It is not an argument about the validity of the concept of protesting in general or a condemnation of it.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Ah yes, you and some SA posters are on the spectrum or following therapy so people protesting Trump must be as well.

Excuse me for not following you and your projections there, sir

I don't think it's projection when you are apparently incapable of parsing nuance in other peoples arguments and apparently need me to not only break it down into easily digestible chunks but explain to you broad concepts of human interaction and sociology that most children learn.

All to somehow prove why you being bitter Trump won is different than how other people are being bitter that Trump won, which is an impossible fight because you are intellectual Rocky that is going to make me punch you in the face 37,000 times with slightly different re-phrasings of the same thing until I either die of exhaustion or realize the futility of trying to explain to you, or a select few vehemently anti-trump people that inhabit these forums, why there is a difference between instinctual emotional reactions and the intellectual reasoned positions certain people pretend they are.

So I concede, you win the ability to be bitter for 4 more years. It comes with probably 4 additional years of being bitter.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
u mad?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

My view of Bernie is that where Trump didn't let the RNC push him out, Bernie let the DNC railroad him, so as a leader that kind of bend over is not great

I can see this argument.

When Sanders stood down and supported his own loving people pick up on that and might not care that him raging would have helped republicans, just that he should have raged. The guy arrested at civil rights protests in the past for loving poo poo up who now has a message of political revolution is now campaigning for the person who was rumored to have stolen an election from him, and continued to do so once it was proven explicitly that the election was stolen from him. And has said very little since.

It's one of the psychological moments like the Dean Scream or the debates where Romney proudly and smugly declaring and doubling down on Obama having said the word "Terrorists" in a speech before the moderator shut him down and he looked like a confused child.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ posted:

Bernie walked the fine line of campaigning to represent and reform the DNC, while at the same time being unable to call out the DNC for its poo poo

Trump didn't care if he made the GOP look bad

Exactly. The entire election is people deciding who serves their best interest and everyone might not be rational actors considering the full implications of things like Bernie Calling out the DNC negatively impacting the election.

It's like going to a bar with two friends. A fight almost breaks out and Friend A meekly calls for a sense of decorum while coaching the guy getting ready to whip his rear end on proper form to try and bridge the gap between them.

Friend B breaks a bottle over his head and screams like a retard, intimidating everyone into leaving.

Friend A is going to kinda look like a pussy.

Toadvine posted:

Bernie rightly recognized he was up against greater powers who at the very least proved willing use an extensive media network to scuttle his presidential campaign out of spite, and would very likely have forced him out of the game one way or another if he continued to push back against the democrats.

Bernie is a civil servant with a lot of progress at stake whereas Trump can do whatever he wants and if he loses so what, he never wanted to make a difference in politics anyway

This is an explanation of why he was weak which still doesn't excuse it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also I'm going to channel my power animal moridin

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

the fact that trump voters are mainly motivated by emotional knee jerk reactions (and Trump played it well) and not by any kind of logic makes this post even more lol and ironic

Actually I was speaking to how everyone is motivated by emotional knee jerk reactions. Trying to insinuate that "YOUR SIDE" transcends that and operates from a lofty place of pure reason, logic and science while all the stupid masses beneath you are animals is bigly related to your side losing.

If you don't understand that your vehement hatred of Trump is just as bad as the vehement support of him you should probably stop calling other people autistic and saying they are unqualified to speak on why the election went the way it did with your douche brand tone policing.

Carmant posted:

This trump guy is retarded

ikanreed posted:

How can you say that given how much smarter he is than his proponents in this thread?

Once in a while he speaks a coherent sentence.

Being unable to read criticism of the left as anything other than support for the right says a lot about where you and your party are at too. The arrogance and condescension probably does too.

Trump actually is fine because you people are a loving mess and can't even handle the thought of a critical look at yourselves or your party and just want to melt down about piss tapes and russia.

• Locked thread