Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Bholder posted:

"Anyone but Trump" is always a hood alternative unless secretly every other politician are actually even bigger manchildren with thinner skin.

I mean, come on, Trump is a walking, living cliche, you know those rich bad guys with fake hair and short temper and wants to buy and destroy the friendly land of woodland creatures for money or something. Actually this cliche was probably based on Trump himself...

Yeah but those woodland animals are stealing land that could be used for jobs.

Robot jobs.

MAGA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You are delusional

It's at least as real as 3-5 million illegal voters and Muslims dancing on rooftops after 9/11.

which is to say everything is real if you believe it enough.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Carlos Slim is the primary shareholder in the NYSlimes, no poo poo they're fake news

lol did you get this one from a Trump tweet

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

so the New York Post has been poo poo for longer than I thought, got it

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Mordor She Wrote posted:

No Chef Boyardee product should ever be warmed up, you eat them cold out of the can :T

Mods????

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Piss de Bundy posted:

this just in trump is really bad and his supporters even worse

FAKE NEWS :sad:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

GET MY BELT SON posted:

Completely agree

Yeah now all those Pacific nations will turn to...China for trade agreements and they can all leverage America instead of us leveraging China. Brilliant!

(The TPP had some real poo poo in it that needed to go but, uh, it's basically just gonna give China more economic influence)

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

GET MY BELT SON posted:

trump will lead us?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Wouldn't you like things to actually get better than reveling in schadenfreude

"I want things to get better so I support the guy whose entire campaign was predicated on making things worse."

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

I lol'd in the wrong thread

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I hear Trump is noe going after the freedom caucus. Is this true? Because i hope it is

It is.

Also you are correct that they should not have kept stuffing awful poo poo into it, but maybe the better solution would've been renegotiating it to strip out the dumb bullshit like "corporations can sue governments over lost profits." As it stands, those nations will basically just carry the deal to China, and China will gladly take the opportunity to press American interests in the region.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
well yeah I'm not sayin China is good or that China having more influence is good

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

you are going to have to think again long and hard about things mattering

Things definitely do not matter any longer. It is a blessing and a curse.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Homestar Runner posted:

where did prorat go

His unwavering devotion earned him ascension into nirvMAGA

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I'm the Sprint jobs going to call centers in cities and not at all helping Rust Belt factory workers

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Isn't it basically just a bunch of crazy assholes assuming the moniker of BLM before cop killing? Like, Trump supporters wanna say "we aren't all bad, quit judging us as racists or sexists for voting for Trump" but then immediately want to pin literally all cop killing on a loosely-organized movement that's every bit as ideologically diverse or whatever as the generic "conservative" label.

BLM isn't, as a group, advocating for just murdering cops is what I'm getting at - just like how now every Trump voter thinks sexual assault or racially charged travel bans are good

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

World Kraid Center posted:

It is not diverse at all though. It is a strict, hardline, anti-passive organization with several to a dozen founders and leaders whose names we know. A riot that breaks out naturally in some dump like East St. Louis after a black teen dies resisting arrest isn't automatically BLM. There are no BLM marches opposing opposing black on black gang violence, the most common of all violent incidents in America, and there was no march when studies in Philly and NYC came out showing black cops were more likely to shoot during a civilian interaction than white cops.

Pretending otherwise is as disingenuous as pretending Muslim is one of the three races or that a modified Obama-era list of dysfunctional states forming a temporary restriction against non-citizens is a "muslim ban".

The only catch-all equivalent to Trump voter that exists is Hillary voter. There is no juxtapose to the term conservative except liberal, and democrat to republican.

LOL

e: wrong thread

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

World Kraid Center posted:

Responding to something you disagree with not by providing specific counter-arguments, but by instead directly attacking the person writing it or LOLing like a 14 year old girl.

And you still wonder why you lost. And you still think you have any more intellectual capacity than the average trashcan on reddit or 4chan.

:ironicat:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

I could actually be convinced to vote third party if that happens

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I mean we get that with every cycle. With Bush, it was Gore and Bill Clinton second guessing. With Obama, it was everyone from McCain to Romney to Bachman to anyone employed by Fox News challenging the illegal Muslim blackman president.

I guess now we get Pantsuit Abuela

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

new phone who dis posted:

It's like in those romantic comedies where two people hate each other's guts horribly but then one day some life changing event happens and in the middle of both of them ranting at each other they say "bomb Syria's airfields to prevent gas attacks" at the exact same time and start making out.

M-mods?!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Its confirmed they warned Russia before the attacks

I thought doing this let the bad guys get away

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

lovely Wizard posted:

Trump is a better president by far than Hillary Clinton, it's just funny that she was expecting him not to attack and made that statement as part of her 2020 campaign start.

The following is a list of the presidents concrete achievements:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Knight posted:

At least we can all stop pretending that one of the selling points of Trump's campaign was his committal to avoid sending American lives to die in middle eastern wars and a rejection of a neoconservatism.

Have you considered it's another 5D chess move intended to throw off :airquote: the establishment :airquote:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Prorat posted:

Dude. Trump voters don't have waifu pillows, they have jobs and pick up trucks and real lives that don't exist on the internet. Ya know, real lives.

This is really weird because I don't have a waifu pillow, I have a job, I used to drive a truck but bought a more fuel-efficient sedan when the truck went to poo poo, and I still didn't vote for Trump.

uh mostly because Republicans here have been trying to destroy education, civil rights for LGBT people, and also outright ban abortions (which could cause my fiancee to die because there's a good chance she could wind up with an ectopic pregnancy if we don't use alternate methods [that we can't afford because health care lol!]). Like, the Republican party offers me absolutely nothing, regardless of job or whatever, because I'm not rich.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Fog Tripper posted:

[citations needed]

Mike Pence was my governor

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Fog Tripper posted:

That is not a cited source. It is you just being a whiney babby.

I see you're willfully obtuse and also probably a gigantic idiot.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2016/11/16/total-abortion-ban-proposed-indiana/93954670/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Freedom_Restoration_Act_(Indiana) - the law Mike Pence supported because it would give companies carte blanche to discriminate against LGBT people

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/us/politics/trump-vp-mike-pences-record-on-education.html

also Mike Pence created a literal shadow Department of Ed with the power to veto the superintendent because she didn't agree with his policies

In conclusion: :fuckoff:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Squashing Machine posted:

Finally... all the work that John Oliver, Samantha Bee, and Larry Wilmore have done will bear fruit. With this action, Trump will be destroyed, once and for all...

Samantha Bee made Glenn Beck a partner, and that's proof enough that we're off the rails

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

And now he isn't, because of President Trump. You should be thankful

Yeah but it's sort of like getting rid of an annoying coworker by him getting promoted to being your boss.

Fog Tripper posted:

Nope, it is still just you being whiny.

:rolleye:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I worked construction for 5 years and would still be doing it if my current maintenance opportunity hadn't come up. The running theme was "well Hillary isn't that great of a candidate. We'd rather have Sanders, but Trump is a known conman who stiffs contractors so guys like us don't get paid."

Like these dudes always bitch about "THE MEXICANS" but they also know Republican labor policy will absolutely ruin their lives by undermining unions and shifting more and more tax burdens to the middle class.

Like, even just recently in Indiana, Republicans said we don't have enough money for infrastructure repairs and pushed a gas tax hike. They sure didn't stop the next wave of corporate tax cuts though

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Nerses IV posted:

If you base your opinions on port-a-potty art, however, construction sites are Trump country

Here I sit, broken hearted
Tried to poo poo but only farted

Listen these guys are modern day poets and artists. They are real in tune with the heartbeat of Americana.

Also one time I was in a portapotty where people had written a bunch of weed strains including "white ninja" and it was followed by someone scrawling "Stormshadow?!"

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Panzeh posted:

Yeah, I don't ask this kind of thing directly, but I can tell you these are not the guys who elected Donald Trump.

Some did. There was a poo poo storm in our local when the business manager sent out a questionnaire with candidates during the primary. Lot of guys felt we should be throwing money at Sanders but the International office was playing the "wait and see" game.

However, something like 10% of the respondents said we should get behind Trump, and a lot of guys were royally pissed that anyone thought Trump was good.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Panzeh posted:

The most pro-trump guys in construction from my experience are the estimators/salesmen.

Could be. I didn't have much contact with office guys as just a worker bee wireman. Come in, put in pipe and wire, go home. I've been out of the field for almost a year but the union meetings and closed FB page are always full of discussions on getting more involved with politics - especially at the local level - so the workers' interests are better represented

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The only laborers that are pro-Hillary are corrupt union guys who want to keep the status quo because they're making bank

Lmao there it is, wondered how long it'd take to get to a CORRUPT DIRTY UNIONS post

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Skimming money from poverty stricken peasants through the guise of charity while taking bribes from Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

That is actually worse, yes.

Hm yes Trump's charities and business deals have always been on the up and up.

a bone to pick posted:

Entry-level tech positions being eaten up by H1B and outsourced workers that will do the work for less doesn't not constitute as "high-wage earners" lol.

You are just like the republicans who were crying after Romney lost saying he would have been better.

I haven't really kept up on the H1B thing, but my understanding was that just changing the salary requirements or altering job requirements wouldn't actually change much? I know critics have said for a long time the program is unnecessary based on tech degrees earned by Americans and that linking them to a specific company is problematic because it makes it easy for a company to abuse a worker.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I like reading unironic conspiracy theory posts

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Panzeh posted:

Nah trumps idea is to gently caress over the labor laws enough so that american workers can enjoy that kind of misery and get paid peanuts for it.

All this so some billionaires can make more profit.

yeah but, like, American workers can sneer at immigrants so it's ok!

"The browns are gone, FINALLY we'll get our chance!" *continues slaving away at dying factories and cubicles*

e: loving lol at Benghazi poo poo

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Mordor She Wrote posted:

The fake pearl clutching from the Trumpniks about how lovely foreign workers have it and that's why banning them to lovely countries is necessary for their own good will never not be lulzy, double lulzy is the rational about how removing the minimum wage and bringing back sweatshops will be good because *fart

Well it's because they think if immigrants leave and the government deregulates everything, they'll finally be able to claim their right as hard-working, salt-of-the-earth millionaires. They think they'll be lords of the manor instead of serfs working in a corporate fiefdom.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
the ESS JAY DUBYOOOUUUSSSS

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Mnoba posted:

add in the coastal elite pedophilia rings it's amazing this country runs the entire world lmao (pizzagate along with the pisstapes are real)

am I getting owned by Poe's Law right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Yes

• Locked thread