Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Can we like, let him do whatever he wants economically but block everything else he tries to pass?

Not gunna lie, bringing a $7bil chip plant to Arizona and stopping several companies from building in Mexico was loving impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Good, I'm glad baby boomers can't retire.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why are we even fighting the robots? Let them do all the jobs so I don't have to ffs, full automation and living wage for all. Finally world peace.

*exhales bong smoke*

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You think Americans are ideologically opposed to "Communism" this is incorrect they are realistically opposed to college educated pseudo-intellectuals trying to take their stuff that they worked for away from them

What? No, I just want free poo poo.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I really love when posters try to make a point by completely belittling someone's profession, definitely makes them look like the good guy.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There were actually more than 2 candidates, everyone should have voted for Jill Stein :downs:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

I'm 32, didn't go to college

I work in the IT department in a position that actually occasionally gets up and does work that can't be accomplished with 19 y/o excel expert's macro collection

omfg and you're making fun of other people's jobs? lmfao.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Poetic Justice posted:

I thought a lot of IT jobs were getting taken over by cheap Indian/Asian IT workers?

That's phase 1 and then phase 2 will be they're all replaced by robots, so I have NO idea where this IT guy is coming from telling people their jobs are obsolete when his job is a ticking time bomb.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

feelix posted:

lol hillary lost

but it was her turn....

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
We went from, "I disagree with what you say but will fight to the death for your right to say it"

to

"I disagree with everything you say and will do everything in my power to ruin your life, fascist" in 2016

to

"I disagree with everything you say, but you agree with the Democrats. Therefore you are my friend" in 2017

Progress?? I think??

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Archer666 posted:

So based on the last few pages: Trump hosed a middle management IT guy, which led to the Democrats falling apart because it caused Hilary to not campaign.

Am I getting this right?

you forgot the part about the impending robot invasion

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Egbert Souse posted:

I'm sure people with college degrees and years of skilled trade experience would love to work on infrastructure labor.

Actually, one idea would be to get wealthier people to do the labor. Basically, have it count as community service and they get a tax break for working on this stuff.

ugh they'd just find a loophole to take advantage of the tax break without actually doing any work, that's what they always do.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I like how the child-friendly Homestar Runner cartoon man has been running around the forum calling everyone a retard lol #justGBSthings

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lumpy the Cook posted:

1. Wrong. The unfettered global trade system which has sprung up between then and now has caused, and is causing, far more problems than it could ever hope to solve.
2. Wrong.

Counterpoint: We didn't have iPhones 30 years ago.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
trump is definitely hosed this time!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Triggered liberals.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I want Obama to go on TV as Trump did and demand Trump's tax records. Like just straight up copy everything Trump did with the birther poo poo.

This would be loving badass.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

Where did he generalize an entire region?

When he said all the troops from the rural south have been itching their entire lives to shoot unarmed protesters?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Squashing Machine posted:

Hell yeah, Trump's dodged all attempts to destroy him this far but we've really got the sucker now

Suck on that one, Trump! Ha-ha-ha-ha!

Well, at least we've moved on from Harry Potter analogies

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

dont worry im sure there will be a new trump thread for you pathetic and utterly retarded losers to poo poo up with your constant fellation of trumps decrepit micropenis.

lunixnerd, fog tripper, spunky ho, and the rest of the huge faggots that should kill themselves for trump brigade you know who you are and what you are. How does trumps rancid spunk taste have you gotten used to the smell yet

Lol go smoke a bowl dude, it's loving Saturday.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Trump has brought a $7bil Intel chip plant, along with Ford and Carrier factories back to America. Guaranteeing a few thousand more jobs in those states. That's pretty drat impressive.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cthulu Carl posted:

Weren't they already working on that Intel plant, though?

This is what the CEO had to say about opening the plant in Nevada:

quote:

“It’s really in support of the tax and regulatory policies that we see the administration pushing forward that really make it advantageous to do manufacturing in the U.S.”
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/08/intel-ceo-stands-with-trump-to-announce-7-billion-arizona-factory/

This is the only thing I will defend on Trump's behalf because so far his economic policies have been glorious, thank you for cancelling the TPP. Its every single other thing he does that worries me.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

also yeah because Trump loves to just take credit for poo poo he didn't really have much to do with

see the F35 project being "fixed"

poo poo is lol

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/08/intel-ceo-stands-with-trump-to-announce-7-billion-arizona-factory/ posted:

Krzanich, asked during the Oval Office meeting whether the investment to produce semiconductor chips was spurred by something Trump said or did, answered, “It’s really in support of the tax and regulatory policies that we see the administration pushing forward that really make it advantageous to do manufacturing in the U.S.”

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cthulu Carl posted:

There's a dude at work who does. He weighs probably close to 500 pounds, sounds like he's going to die after walking 30 feet, during the election proudly declared himself to be a 'deplorable', and when he first started here last year the first thing he said to me was "If you voted for Obama, I'll throw you out the window."

What a loving tryhard.

That's it, I'm throwing you out the window on Monday.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

sexpot posted:

I'm sorry acting out of spite isn't usually the most glaringly brilliant thing a person can do, old fat bird? :shrug:

:feelsgood:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress collage

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

pro tip: it's because they're racist gently caress you got mine assholes.

This is why Trump won lol

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Everything is racism lol, we are doubling down.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Krustic posted:

I can't decide if this is hilarious, sad, or both. Leaning towards both.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58a91337e4b045cd34c2689d

This is why Trump won.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You've been banned 3 times and keep spending money to be annoying. Is this a great use of your time here on earth?

hey dipshit, one of those times I accidentally banned myself

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the Confederate flag avatar.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The alt-right is cool, its like FYAD in real life.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how often Trump fucks

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
as a young swing voter I'm offended that people itt think I don't exist and won't vote during the midterms.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Michael Moore tellin Trump who's in charge

https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/831558248620781569

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I like how I'm just called "white", doesn't matter where my family came from I'm just "white" and I'm a problem, probably part of a slave-owning family. Doesn't matter that I'm half Algerian from North Africa, doesn't matter that my other half is Norwegian and never owned slaves, doesn't matter that my family is poor because I'm "white" so therefore I'm privileged and bad.

Even though this rhetoric was turned up to 11 this election I still didn't vote for Trump though, Jill Stein all the way baby.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Panzeh posted:

Most of the hillary negative ads against trump seemed designed for hillary voters and not trump voters.

I mean, how do you not manage to attack a guy whose catchphrase is "you're fired" on the economy? All you have to do is splice in "You're fired" and then some stock footage of closed factories and closed businesses and it'd be effective as gently caress.

They had Kaine during the VP debate say "we need a "you're hired" president, not a "you're fired" president" and it was dead silent, no laughter, no applause, just awkward silence. So they kinda tried it lol.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

fyodor posted:

being anti-corporate prison system is woefully off-message, eia alala!

believe it or not people don't fit in the narrow political spectrum like you think they do

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
having prisoners work on the prison's electrical system? what could go wrong!

*12AM all the cell doors open at the same time*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Third World Reggin posted:

is trump hosed yet

I was wondering this as well.

• Locked thread