Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Trump Status: unstumped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

World War Mammories posted:

wait is that real? because i'd barely finished reading it when a strange goblin leaped out of my screen and shouted "I'M THE IMPLICATION THAT THE JEWS WEREN'T REAL GERMANS"

(e: obviously he doesn't mean that but it's his loving job to know how to do words)

lol at every time someone uses the words "obviously" or "clearly" to describe something Sean Spicer says. His whole. Entire. Job. is not to make ambiguous or misleading statements. If you work in public relations and you have to say "obviously what I meant to say was..." on a regular basis, you suck and are an idiot. You say what you mean the first time and if you can't do that, you're incompetent.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Awesome! I hope the side that has massive facilities dedicated to storing every text message and telephone call and email wins! gently caress TRUMP! YE HAW

Dude you don't have to be pro CIA/FBI to hope they take down Trump. It's like in a TV show where you have a recurring villain and then a new bad guy comes out of nowhere and he and the usual villain get into a fight and you root for the original villain to win because gently caress that upstart clownstick, but at the end if the day you're glad to see the hero take down the original bad guy also.

Trump is not the guy to take down the intelligence community, but they are the guys to take him down because gently caress that clownstick.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The "deep state" is not a real thing. And I'd take Pence or Ryan over Trump every day of the week.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

the military industrial complex is absolutely real

Ofc it is and the power it wields is money like all the other lobbyists. The NRA has a disproportionate influence on US politics as well and I wouldn't call them the "Deep State."

But then again I'm not fully clear on the nuances of the phrase because I don't give a gently caress about all the idiotic lingo that's sprung up around or been popularized by this administration.

Plus wouldn't the M/I complex be PRO Trump?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

I feel like there are further implications than that when most people use it, as though they exert secret power and killed Kennedy etc

Yeah I guess I'm just not up on the subtleties of the term. It just seems to me like one of those phrases like "alternative facts" and "fake news" that morons toss out to change the subject from the fact that our Commander in Chief is a blithering buffoon.

Normal, rational person: "Oh, myGod, look at what an idiot Trump is. He is really loving things up in an undeniable way."

Trump supporter: "B-b-but the Deep State and the banks!!"

It's possible for two things to be bad!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Who was the dumbass I was arguing with before Trump got elected who supported Trump because he believed Trump would keep us out of the Middle East? He told me he was a "certified genius" and was really looking forward to Trump "sticking it to the House of Lockheed-Saud."

Anyway lol at that guy.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

new phone who dis posted:

The entire idea is that they do what they want regardless of the outcome of elections which is pretty loving hard to counter at this point.

Okay so then they seem like a separate problem?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

More that they have their own agenda and exert significant influence due to their power and the secrecy which covers pretty much everything about then including their very existence. And the fact that they've worked very hard on ways to evade legislative oversight and even blatantly break the law

Everyone is talking about them so "covering up their very existence" isn't going so well.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I mean, poo poo, look at MK ULTRA. The only reason we found out about it is a clerical error that accidentally saved some of the files from being burned. Think of how much poo poo was successfully destroyed with no evidence

Yeah it's hosed up. Somebody should do something. Also, on a separate subject, somebody should do something about the fact that the most powerful man in the world is an egomaniac sociopath with the intellectual sophistication of a sixth-grader.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

There are dozens of intelligence agencies, most of which even the names are classified

Yeah and there are dozens of carcinogens in our food and water supply and there are serial killers living among us in our neighborhoods. That doesn't mean we give up fixing the visible problems over which we have power.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Nobody knows who half these groups actually are or what their activities are. In fact, it's possible that nobody know their full scope due to the highly compartmentalize nature of these programs and institutions

Okay well sounds like something I can't possibly verify is up to something that I'll never see.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yes, I get it. You hate Trump because he reminds you of your uncle that thinks you're a pussy. So #1 priority- destroy Trump

lol please explain to me how Trump is good and should be president. Lay it on me, bro.

E: without using any variation of "Hillary would be worse."

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 12, 2017

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

His incompetence has generated a lot of laughs

So did Steve Carell on the Office. I wouldn't want the fictional character Michael Scott to be POTUS.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

He should be president because he won the electoral college :smugdon:

ah ha ha.

Damned by faint praise.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
TRUMP: He certainly is a president!

TRUMP: slightly less than half of all Americans can't all be wrong!

TRUMP: TRUMP

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Honestly Trump is really churning the waters man, he's getting us talking about a lot of poo poo that's been under the surface, take for instance, illegal surveillance on Americans.

We elected a modern art piece to be president. Gotcha.

"This painting of Jesus with poo poo smeared on it sucks and is not worth a million dollars."

"But it got people talking, and that is what great art does!" <---a friggin' genius guy right there wow

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The President of the USA is at war with the intelligence community. Isn't that odd to you

Every single goddamn thing about this presidency is odd to me. It's like one of those "find what's wrong with this picture" puzzles from the back of a cereal box and you're focused on like, the man wearing a shoe on his head like it's the most important thing in the picture to fix when actually the entire picture is hosed up.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yah, because the president isn't supposed to be Trump, it's supposed to be someone willing to go along with the agenda that was already in play. So now everything is swirling around trying to settle into position but Trump being Trump keeps loving up the program, he's like a piece of indigestible food

If the "deep state" can't stop a literal clown man from becoming president then I find it difficult to fear or respect them. And if the deep state isn't a threat, then it doesn't matter if Trump takes it down. His very existence as president precludes me from believing he is a necessary evil.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

God yes.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"Yeah, Crown Prince Rudolf VonPickleshtein is an inbred hunchback with his tongue in backwards and is also a raving lunatic, but I'm glad he's going to be king because I love watching him fling his feces at all those stuck-up dukes and barons, ha ha!" -a subject of the Stupid Idiot kingdom 1 week prior to the coronation of Mad Prince Rudolf

"Oh no, having feces on you doesn't stop you from governing and without a sane king to hold them in check, all the dukes and barons are running roughshod over us common folk! Oh! Oh no! Oh who could have seen this coming? What an unpredictable course of events!" -that same subject less than 100 days later, watching his village burn.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Wait why would the king look out for the common folk

That's outside the scope of the analogy.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Wait why would the king look out for the common folk

Better answer: because it's in the King's best interests to keep his court from dissolving into dozens of feuding fiefdoms and even though he's not doing it for the common people, they also benefit from the stability.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Stability where they're serfs? Doesn't sound that great, really.

Yeah well I'm not saying that eventually there shouldn't be a democratic revolution where the serfs rise up and become fully enfranchised, but being a serf in a stable kingdom beats the hell out of being a serf in an unstable one. Baby steps.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Mad King Pickleshtein ain't consolidating poo poo.

Except for the literal poo poo he excretes from his rear end, rolls into a ball with his bare hands and flings at anyone in his field of vision.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

Trump is definitely not any other Republican. I mean he doesn't know how to govern so he's being pushed in that direction but we've been over his lack of conviction or interest on any topic that isn't his prestige or money

Even George W had like, at least religious convictions and never seemed like an entirely vacant body of greed and pleasure seeking. I dunno. Whoever said Trump is a blank slate anyone even moderately dumb can project theirselves or their beliefs onto was right and it really wasn't that hard to see as his campaigns evolved

It's just like the episode of Rick and Morty when Jerry went to Pluto and all the Plutonians were kissing his rear end because he said something that confirmed what they already wanted to believe, no matter how spurious his arguments were.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

yeah if only we voted hillary, she wouldn't have bombed syriahahahahaha

I bet Hillary wouldn't have missed.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Prorat posted:

So the first federal election since THE election happened tonight. A republican won, sure it was a republican in KS replacing another but still... maybe instead of focusing on parroting the media's talking points maybe you libs should try and flip a seat. I mean it can't be that hard, BIG DUMB republicans have been flipping them for the last 6 years and TOTALLY STUPID Trump flipped a bunch of states. It can't be that hard with the democrat party is the enlightened intellectual superior party right?

It's almost as if both parties are bad!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

yes but then you're presented a viable third party and you still vote for one of the lizard people

which was the viable third party? The Utah one or the Libertarian one?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Prorat posted:

Imagine losing to Trump then getting dunked on by a guy with a fascist piss drinker avatar on a dead gay comedy forum. That's some suicide hotline poo poo right there.

I'm gonna have to imagine because I ain't seen it happen.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

Come on my dude you can't suck this much at posting. Spunky is capable of being funny. Oxballs is cabable of being funny. Why are you totally incapable of it

The elements are there but your slow roomba brain is just bumping back and forth bumping into concepts and getting stuck inside the coffee table

lol obviously you're not as good as a Trump can do a good. HEYO!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Prorat posted:

There is nothing funny about suicide.

Much like your posts. HEYO!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Oh the Anti Vax one

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

that was a smear campaign by the MSM and dems

So was she not Anti Vax?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
OMG lol at how disingenuous this Huffpo article is http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jill-stein-may-not-be-anti-vax-but-shes-pushing-a-dangerous-anti-vax-theory_us_579f885ce4b0693164c1fab4

"Yeah, she says this, but did you know some other people said this?"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

no she is not anti-vax and she has specifically stated that several times because of this smear campaign

Yeah I believe you. I should have voted Stein.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Jill Stein thinks vaccines are good, but did you know some people who think vaccines are bad might vote for her?? [inverts colors on photo of Jill Stein]

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
*Draws devil horns on a picture of Jill Stein*

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

this is so ridiculous, she's a true progressive who not only attended the dakota pipeline protests but hosed with the fascist military-police presence, something you would never see from a democratic or republican congressperson. Barely anyone talked about the pipeline, including "progressive" idol Elizabeth Warren who flaunts a made-up native american background when she wants but won't stand with them when they need help.

She was a strong candidate and an obvious choice for anyone who claims to be anti-war and pro-environment

What if you're pro war and pro environment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

is this the new anti abortion but pro killing babies?

I was just being facetious but I don't see why if you're one you have to be the other.

• Locked thread