Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
why does it have butt lights

on second thought i dont think i want to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Onmi posted:

This is disgustingly true. Also I will point out, of all the pokemon Fangames I've seen, Sage probably looks the best. That's the 4Chan pokemon Fangame. This is likely because everyone on /vp/ hates themselves and thus, opposite of the typical fan-game issue of no vetting, no one is ever pleased.

http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/CAPX_Wiki

Wow some of these pokemon are actually really cool. Thanks for sharing this.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

krisslanza posted:

You mean those casual Pokedex entries of Driftloon just kidnapping children and killing them?

Phantump is the spirit of a child that died in the woods, also.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Acebuckeye13 posted:

To be fair, Bug also has some great resistances, and being Super-Effective against Psychic and Dark does help to secure a solid niche. It's been a loooong time since I've played competitively, but I always had a lot of success with Bug-Types like Scizor and Yanmega.

Yeah, Bug is still an incredibly desirable type offensively.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

rannum posted:

there was definitely a sort of charm to Quartz' brand of nonsense. Might just be because of nostalgia? Man that's an old hack now, huh?

The plot was not-team magma using quartz to inflate the sun.

No, there is a real charm. Quartz doesn't take itself seriously, and it shows. It's something a guy did for the hell of it, there's an excitement and a sense of "why the gently caress not?". I you could call it campy.

Uranium on the other hand is the Manos: The Hands of Fate of pokemon romhacks.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Vorpal Cat posted:

I have no idea how wishiwashi doesn't violate league rules about using multiple Pokemon at the same time. At least Magneton and Weezing are actually physically stuck together and don't have their extra bits run away when they get low health.

They're unified by the power of TEAMWORK!

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Johnny Joestar posted:

usually the burrowing pokemon actually look like things that would be able to burrow, so mostly my question is why the two-headed charizard snake needs to dig through dirt

To hide it's shameful existence.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Classy Hydra posted:

In theory, if I was trying to rework the concept into something actually interesting and fun, the idea would be to make them riskier and harder to use than average, but potentially more rewarding than sticking with regular pokes. It's a hard balancing act, especially considering the hack's already assuming a fairly high level of competency, which actually gives us less room for design space.

As far as limitations go, I'd suggest making it so nuclear pokemon can't have items used on them in battle. That's a limitation that is manageable for experienced players, teachable for less experienced players, and inherently reduces the longevity of Nuclear pokemon on the field without forcing them to be glass cannons with a crappy typing.

I'd have to think about it a little more to come up with an interesting inherent advantage they could have beyond 'super effective on everything'.

A special "radiation" status effect that makes every subsequent move deal a little more bonus damage - possibly with a stacking attack/s.attack debuff. Makes them into terrifying wallbreakers.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

ZeroCount posted:

No, it learns Earthquake as well.

Can it do my dishes too?

I mean, I don't think there's any other bases to cover.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Scarodactyl posted:

But what if we pushed it in the other direction?

(seriously though I was expecting something more like this from the description).

This would be a great enemy in a game that wasn't pokemon. It's really fine piece of work!

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

XavierGenisi posted:

If you want an image of the future of this LP (minus a bunch of other extremely broken pokemon, such as Superfly), imagine Duke Nukem riding on top of MEGAWEAPON, yelling forever.

"Suffer some malaise, suckers!

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Manatee Cannon posted:

eh, having a dentist that teaches nothing but tooth related moves is kinda neat

Yeah tbh this is something I could see a main game doing. It's one of the only vaguely Not Bad decisions they made.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You'd better, I still have so many chekov's guns still on the mantle. He's all like, "where are my many guns?"

Chekov's Armory; Consisting Primarily of Poorly Thought Out Plot Points

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Dirk the Average posted:

That explains so much. Not only does all of the flora and fauna want to kill you, but the very ground you walk on has the potential to have uranium deposits. Are there any parts of Australia not actively trying to murder everything?

The possums.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Coq au Nandos posted:

They're loving thieves, though. I once caught one attempting to steal an entire eski.

A hero for our time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

inthesto posted:

I've seen two videos by Extra Credits. One was him taking six minutes to say "Destiny is milquetoast enough that it's mildly appealing to a broad audience". The other was six minutes of him ostensibly talking about how to balance games, but actually just revealing that he has zero understanding of competitive anything.

Extra Credits is basically a man with a little knowledge and a love for the sound of his own cartoon voice.

• Locked thread