Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Something that everyone should keep in mind as the LP goes on: this game has a dedicated Nuzlocke mode.

This game won't end well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

MagusofStars posted:

Wait, what the hell? That green thing is the HP bar?

I thought that was just a background behind the HP number, similar to the white box around the HP bar and name from the main series games.

Nope! The bar that looks like it's the HP bar is the EXP bar. Instead, that big green background part of the UI is the HP bar, and it's awful.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

alcharagia posted:

What the gently caress? I was joking! Why are there trade evolutions in this fangame? What!? Why are there trade evolutions?! Why the gently caress are there trade evolutions!? :psyduck:

Welcome to Uranium. It gets worse.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I extremely hate that the first gym opens up by doing this throwaway bit with an extremely creepy person.

Why. This poo poo does not belong in Pokemon (or really anything else for that matter).

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

What the gently caress is a Barewl supposed to be anyways?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I can imagine that it can be hard to come up with a design for your fake pokemon, especially if you're making like, 150 of them or however many you decide to include. Not every idea can be good, and even some good ideas might just not pan out as well in the final product. Like, Chiynmunk, and Birbie. Like, they're alright enough. They could be better or improved a bit, but the idea is pretty solid (for Birbie anyways), and I get what they're going for. But then you get Barewl and it's like "what the heck is this strange beast".

I can imagine the design came about like this, more or less:

Though it'd be an improvement if that was the case.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

You know, I think we should just let the game have a chance to show us what it's got. After all, aside from the dead mom and parental abandonment setup, it's a good start to the ga-

Oh. My condolences to Dick Solomon.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I can't help but imagine what kind of trainer she was if she Champion, but then retired to become a gym leader with a theme of using Yawn.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

ohmygorgon posted:

I'm not sure what surprised me more, the fact that this thing has Wonder Trading in it, or the fact that you actually found someone to Wonder Trade.

I'm more surprised that it even worked to begin with. Janky-rear end pokemon game made via RPG Maker XP that is already buckling under the strain of it's own bullshit in places does not strike me as something that would be able to have multiplayer functions in it that could ever work properly without a million things going wrong.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

the brain fish is hideous and awful

and I still want to know what the gently caress a barewl is. even knowing what it evolves into doesn't answer a drat thing

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

The fact that it's heads are literally just Charizard but with a spot of rocks bug me a little bit.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

The coconut crab is honestly one of the better designs in this game. It's cute, simple, and generally alright.

This loving backhoe, on the other hand, is extremely stupid. Like, I'm alright with the general idea but it needs some work. Like, swap out the treads with some legs? I love how stupid it is regardless.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

While I'm here I'll just correct the category in the Pokedex...

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

What bothers me is that the island crab is that it went from a cute coconut crab to literally not-Torterra except it looks like garbage.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

...What the gently caress

Toe to tip, that's a Banksy!

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Like, the basic idea isn't the worst, it's actual design is implemented in the edgiest way possible. Like, a pokemon died in it's pokeball and forgot what it looked like when it became a ghost? that's sad and spooky, and not too far off from an actual pokemon ghost type concept. Given some thought, you could have a half-way decent fan-made ghost pokemon.

But then they go with the CAUGHT POKEMON = SLAVERY imagery, and my eyes are rolling into the back of my skull with this Banksy-level poo poo.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

BAZINGA!

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Suddenly having a loving backhoe thrown at you in gym 4 is one of the rudest things that this game does. Here's a fast sweeper that becomes the fastest motherfucker as time goes on. And has Shift Gear. Hope you're ready for it, or else get hosed!

god damnit. god loving damnit

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Am I the only one who thinks of the Ragnarok Online dungeon known as Anthell when looking at this game and it's stupid-rear end decision to name their cave dungeon Anthell?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

The actual beast part is just kinda okay, but that is an extremely good snake

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I hate this loving game.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Chimaconda, Chimical's evolution. It Curses to undo the edge in speed Petrify gave it while doing nothing to stop Scald from blowing it apart.

Asgore confused at he own rear end. At least the snake still owns.

And again, with a water stone, into Daikatuna.

Suck it down.
What pisses me off about Daikatuna is that they had a really good pun, and they flounder it with having some stupid fishman with a sword stapled to it's forehead. I mean, if they wanted to continue the evo line properly, you could get some extremely badass looking swordfish. Or hell, I would have accepted going all in with the daikatana reference! God damnit.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Nucleon in this game is completely busted in your favor. It still has a defensive weakness, because nuclear, but that ability is gross and illegal in how powerful it is. Welcome to the Duke Nukem Sweepstakes.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

NPCs will eventually do everything with Nucleon that I do so the devs are entirely aware of how it works.

True, but it's still good to actually get bullshit that can counter or at least match their own bullshit

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

It still kills me that a sentiant titanic and the iceberg that sunk it is a goddamn pokemon in this game.

Also why did they even bother to introduce sexism so they could kill it? Why. That doesn't fit in pokemon.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Oh, once you get thrown into evil jail, you're stuck there. If you lose to Larkspur, you get booted back to your cell. So if you have crappy Pokémon going into the lab sidequest, then you're stuck. The only way out is to grind off of his battle until you can finally win. If you somehow can't even do that, you're hosed.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

If you want an image of the future of this LP (minus a bunch of other extremely broken pokemon, such as Superfly), imagine Duke Nukem riding on top of MEGAWEAPON, yelling forever.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Something annoying about this gym is that from the beginning until you reach the gym leader, you can't run off back to the pokemon center and heal. So like, if you're getting screwed by the lovely experience curve (or that hold item glitch like TieTuesday was), you're gonna have to redo the gym, repeating the same trials until you reach the gym leader. Or go grind off of the route before hand for a million years.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

So what the hell is this region supposed to be based on?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Brazil has the most amount of people of Japanese descent outside of Japan.

Therefore, the spew of weaboo poo poo that we just saw.
Yeah, that makes sense...

But then why is there also Not-Venice that loves acting in this same region?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Welcome to the endgame, folks. It's all downhill from here.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Gollom posted:

We're kind of scraping bedrock here, how much more downhill can we go?

I'm not being glib, I actually really want to find out!

We're digging through the mantle and all the way to the core of this poo poo!

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Sorites posted:

'A for effort, F for quality' is still an unmitigated failure.

EDIT: Also, I'd dispute that it's even complete. From what we're hearing, a lot of material couldn't be finished so the dev team scrapped it and shipped what was there.

To be fair to Uranium, the devs probably wanted to do some more content after their big release, but Nintendo's C&D put a stop to that.

But the content that IS here? It's trash.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Finally, we've found it. This is the only genuinely good thing to come out of this game's stupid nuclear gimmick. It's the Top Boy.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

The weird flailing limbs are a bad idea to begin with, but the spritework here is utterly atrocious. Why. Why would you take the Top Boy and ruin him like this.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Apocalypse CURIE. The villain's trainer type is APOCALYPSE. Just take it all in, folks.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Like we give a poo poo about weather moves. Only weather-setting abilities matter. Speaking of, Cassnail's hidden ability is Sand Stream, which helps it with being the only good tank in Uranium.

I don't have a lot to comment on here, but I wanna say that I appreciate this a lot.

Victory Road in this game honestly isn't terrible, other than the usual Uranium problems, which is surprising, since Victory Road is traditionally awful for a lot of early games. I still don't know what the gently caress is going on with the Daft Punk pokemon though.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Yep. The elite four is a championship tournament. It's an interesting idea, that's for sure.

The big issue comes up in the next update. There, we shall see the true terror of Uranium.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Tiko. Motherfucking Tiko. This is the hardest, most busted fight in the entire game. And he shows up *randomly*. If he shows up, and you cannot deal with his bullshit, he'll send you back to the beginning of this entire championship.

In TieTuesday's run (linked in the OP), he had been *extensively* cheating at this point. All of his poo poo is basically at max level, and he's got a busted-rear end team (though no Inflagetah). Then Tiko happens, and thanks to that damage bug where pokemon were taking more damage for holding items, Tie was just getting completely destroyed. With a level 99 team (or close enough) that should easily be able to handle this team in a normal game. Even while cheating, Tiko is loving bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Anyway, the game gives us a legendary steel-type t-

What

Oh my god

Gamma Urayne has 154 base special attack. Between that and its level, that puts its special attack at too much. In fact, Gamma Urayne's stats are too much. 122/130/116/154/104/132 for a base stat total of 758.

Yeah, that's my favorite bit of design in this shitheap. You're given a final climactic showdown, and you get a Steel legendary to make sure that you have at least one type advantage pokemon. You know, something that a game with actual thought put in it's design would do for a game for children!

And the final boss has Overheat. It's got five more levels compared to the legendary you got, has stupid stats, and has Overheat. The free pokemon that the game gives you to make sure that you aren't screwed out by not having a steel type to fight against the nuclear boy is a complete liability and dead weight that can get OHKO on the first turn, leaving you with five pokemon left to fight with.

Incredible.

• Locked thread